Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Your decade

20 hours ago, KingsX said:

You're in bloody good company, Urb.  :thumbup:

WoodyG.JPG.2d973c0a02ad1b82e768a76f9aefc093.JPG

I've been havin' some hard travelin', I thought you knowed
I've been havin' some hard travelin', way down the road
I've been havin' some hard travelin', hard ramblin', hard gamblin'
Been havin' some hard travelin', Lord

:wub:

Love it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 49er said:

First League match of the decade:

image.png.5516583aac9b3b699d2270dc2a03c98a.png

As we head towards the end of the decade, we are well placed to play Champions League football again. Who would have thought it back in 2010?!

Was that a Ryan McGivern OG for it to be 1-1?

I presume that I was at that match but can't remember.

McGivern was slightly more likely than Howard to score an OG, though could have been either.... lol 

Well...

- started out pretty much going nowhere until I got a random work offer ad in my inbox

- ...which led me out to the Far East for the first time. Suffice it to say it changed my life

- came back to the UK after a couple of years to do a Masters, didn't really go according to plan but another string to the bow

- went back to Korea, met the love of my life, and got engaged

- finished a non-fiction manuscript that I really should look at editing and publishing

- saw the great escape and the 5000-1 miracle, really wish I could have been in Leicester for the celebrations

- travelled from Korea to the UK without using a plane, experience that will stay with me for a very long time

- began a new start with the aforementioned love of my life stateside, getting married...

- ...only for that to fall flat on its face and send me back to the UK, pitching me into a sea of depression, self-doubt and general strife I'm still not entirely over

- and headed back to Korea for round 3, where I'm at least reasonably stable at the present time

- now dealing with all the angst that comes with middle-age and feeling life is passing you by

So, in short, really moving and living in the Far East is about the only thing that has gone right for me long term in terms of plans over the last decade - everything else started out brilliant...but didn't really end up that way. I end the decade pretty much where I started with not much more to show for it than experience...but I guess the next decade will see if that really tells or not.

• Like 1

Had two more boys (three now in total, the eldest one posts on here quite frequently)

Moved from the City to out in the sticks

Carried on being self employed, but dealing with people and money isn’t good for my mental health!

Drove to Kraków for a stag do, wow what an experience! Definitely one of the best things I’ve ever done. Was well and truly out of my comfort zone, but very glad I did it!

My eldest started University. First member of my immediate family to go, very proud dad. He’s a bright boy.

Ended up in Porto because Leicester City Football Club won the Premier League or something? We got battered, but still. 

Got on the telly when we played Man U for the Charity Shield

My partners dad passed away from cancer. To see how he deteriorated before he died, I don’t think I’ve cried that much since my own grandad died when I was a kid. So many people went to his funeral, that not everyone could get into the Chapel. A truly great bloke! I miss him.

Being a Leicester City fan during this this period of time, it is something that you could only dream of growing up :scarf:Up the City!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 49er said:

First League match of the decade:

image.png.5516583aac9b3b699d2270dc2a03c98a.png

As we head towards the end of the decade, we are well placed to play Champions League football again. Who would have thought it back in 2010?!

Actually, we beat Hull 1-0 at the KC on 1/1/2011... the actual flaming start of the frikking 2nd decade of the farping 2nd millennium! :@

In no particular order.

- Had a son

- Travelled to ‘Murica 3 times 

- Brought a house

- Sold a house

- Brought another house

- Had several different jobs including a 7 year stretch at one

- Crashed 2 cars

- Became addicted to Cocaine

- Became clean & Drug free

- Fell in love

- Nearly went to prison twice 

- Watched Leicester win the league 

- Watched us in the champions league 

It certainly has been an interesting decade.

• Like 2

On 08/12/2019 at 19:38, Parafox said:

Saved a few lives.

Unable to save a few lives, that feeling of letting them down lives on.

Saw a few new little lives' arrive, amazing, even when my involvement is entirely as just "being there"

Said goodbye to my mum and dad for the last time 

Lost my youngest brother to a catastrophic haemorrhage

Became semi-retired… then became very bored

Nearly lost my wife because I was a twat

Went to Alcoholics Anonymous

Tried and failed to find an interesting hobby

Had 2 granddaughters adopted, never to see them again

Watched almost helplessly as my (adopted) daughter spiralled into mental illness

Watched as that same daughter turned her life around and is now becoming the person she strives to be

Been excruciatingly, tearfully happy when we got promoted, again when we survived relegation and then again when we won the PL

Discovered that I can actually cook good food

My adopted daughter self-analysed and told my wife and I how much she loved us and what we meant to her after years of hate, violence and abuse (from her, not us)

This could be the first Christmas where we haven't had to have to invite the police to our house on Christmas day.

The police won’t feed themselves mate don’t be so selfish.

Pretty decent all in all.

Started out in Year 8 full of potential. 

GCSEs were alright but below what I expected of myself.

Almost royally fvcked my A Levels but had a smashing time doing it and got respectable grades in the end.

Started my apprenticeship in 2015, some highs, plenty of lows and false dawns but kept on the job for four years, had the Uni experience at the weekends with the capital to visit my mates up and down the country and had some great memories along the way.

Watched City go from Pearson, to the nature years of Sousa and Sven, back to King Nige and on to a Premier League title we’ll never forget and European nights we’ll always remember. 

Said goodbye to two grandads, said hello to some brilliant new mates from near and far and some new arrivals to the family.

Came to a few realisations, still sorting through that now.

Now, I’m starting a new job in the new decade, with a trip to a certain City in North Rhine-Westphalia in February and a summer trip across the Balkans in the pipeline.

Starting to feel like it’s all coming together, still some loose ends to tie up at the current workplace, commitments for the next couple weekends and a festive season to celebrate, with a little R&R and some introspection over that time as well.

Good times the 2010s I have to say. I do love living :thumbup: 

• Like 3