Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

Not sure if this has been posted, but I found it very refreshing to watch!

Rodgers says the draw was a fair result, admits the system didn't work to begin with and that we didn't press or pass very well for the whole game. I find managers that are honest like this to be great for the game and I think it will really benefit us. Unlike managers we've had in the past that can be too stubborn and not understand why we didn't perform, Rodgers knows exactly what the problems are and this makes me confident he can fix them.

He also gives Norwich and Farke a lot of credit, which they deserve for the most part. I didn't like their time wasting antics, but in terms of playing football they were very good and their league position belies their skill IMO.

Farke is trying to keep a club spending like a championship side in the PL, and do it without adopting the Hodgson/Dyche approach.  He deserves a lot of credit.  That said, if he didn’t have Pukki Norwich would be pretty hopeless.  His enterprise and cleverness makes their entire system functional at this level.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2019 at 12:11, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest the reaction after 1 bad game on here is astounding. Like, I get being upset, but this is crazy. We just won 8 on the bounce.

We have gone up a level thats why, when you competing for CL, expectations go through the roof, and some people thought we were in a race with liverpool, and thats only going to bear fruit with a perfect record.

As for me, I reacted negatively, I think was clearly a poor result, but I am not "angry", :)

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Farke is trying to keep a club spending like a championship side in the PL, and do it without adopting the Hodgson/Dyche approach.  He deserves a lot of credit.  That said, if he didn’t have Pukki Norwich would be pretty hopeless.  His enterprise and cleverness makes their entire system functional at this level.

Says a lot when they the best side so far at the KP to play us this season.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

We have gone up a level thats why, when you competing for CL, expectations go through the roof, and some people thought we were in a race with liverpool, and thats only going to bear fruit with a perfect record.

As for me, I reacted negatively, I think was clearly a poor result, but I am not "angry", :)

Well I doubt anyone didn't react negatively, I know I did. However, the level of entitlement after half a season of Top 4 form is just surprising to me. We're still Leicester, we're not Man Utd. Even if we are competing for CL, 2 dropped points and still moving clear of 4th is not exactly what some on here have portrayed it as.

On 15/12/2019 at 21:12, TOMMYG said:

Hi, thanks for your concern, the gentleman was my dad. His life was saved by the prompt actions of the paramedics & the medical team at the stadium. He had to be shocked 3 times with the portable defribrillators they carry, after his heart rhythm went haywire.He had treatment in the medical room at the stadium & was taken to the LRI, before being rushed to Glenfield General. Amazingly today he was sitting up in a chair wired to monitors. They are doing tests to find out what caused his heart to malfunction.The doctors said if it had  happened anywhere else but where it did, with the paramedics only a few metres away, he wouldn't have survived, so we have a lot to be grateful for. I was elsewhere in the stadium with my son & because it happened near full-time I wasn't aware anything had happened until I was walking back to the car. He won't be up & about for the Boxing Day match, but fingers crossed he'll be back in his seat sometime in the New Year.

I've not been online since posting the question but that's great news and I'm glad he's on his way to recovery! They certainly got over to him quickly and looked like they went for the defib straight away as you say. 

Enjoy your Christmas together and hope to see him back down at a game soon!  

12 hours ago, Tazfox said:

I've not been online since posting the question but that's great news and I'm glad he's on his way to recovery! They certainly got over to him quickly and looked like they went for the defib straight away as you say. 

Enjoy your Christmas together and hope to see him back down at a game soon!  

Amen to that!