Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Sand cats said:

Why they didn't give the goal to Vardy ? I think the goalkeeper should not be considered if he deviate the ball knowing that an opponent player is the one who shoot it and it's his energy that make the ball go to the net.

:huh:

If the shot wasn’t on target, they can’t give him the goal. 

• Like 4

Bit of a train crash from start to finish. First up Norwich played well. Their full backs were spot on, they competed for everything and had two of the best players on the pitch. However, the constant rolling around pretending to be injured was tiresome and quite how noone was sent off for the Kelechi incident is beyond me.

As for us we simply had no idea how to really break them down. I'm not a fan of this diamond shape on the whole and though we did well at Villa with it, more times than not we struggle.

Positive is we didn't lose but were lucky to get away with it. Need to improve hugely not get absolutely stuffed by both Man City and Liverpool. Play like that and Everton will beat us too in the cup.

If we are serious about a top 4 finish we have a lot of work to do and a top quality winger/wide player who can actually score goals is a necessity. I'm sorry but none of them are good enough. Barnes may be one day but he's currently hopeless in front of goal and he and Chilwell seem to be on a completely different wavelength most of the time.

Maddison had his worst game ever for us.

Not sure Rodgers got it right today at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not great afternoon for the foxes, never got into our usual stride and just found ourselves being frustrated for most of the time. Norwich played well to be fair, done their homework and you could say they squezed the life out of Leicester. Perhaps we went into this fixture a bit too naive expecting we were just going to turn these over today. Dissapointing but not end of the world... title race you can say now is offically over but it was nice to dream again... but there's still plenty of excitement, we're in a top four position with a great chance of champions league football returning to the KP! we're still in the League Cup and the Fa Cup still to come. Stay positives foxes fans. 

Very poor unfortunately, off days throughout, hard to really single out anybody who had that good a game - bar Ndidi really who is becoming our most key player. I think we've gotten away with the last couple at home a bit so I'm not totally shocked by this. Think the title challenge was a bit of a pipedream but it's still disappointing for Liverpool to basically have it sewn up already. Think we'll still finish in the top four - if Chelsea can still be there with a run like this then we shouldn't be worried at all, yet.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

For what?

Because I think we were the better side against Aston villa.

For me to be deluded I would have to suggest something outlandish.

You can have your opinion that's fine.

BUT don't start name calling because people don't think like you.

Deluded is an adjective, nothing personal. Up the foxes

Today has been coming, especially with our recent home performances.

Not really 'disappointed', just shows we need to continue to strengthen every window if we want to maintain our current position/level.

Desperate for a physical wide forward in the richarlison/perisic mould.

Also need a number 8 with more legs. Diamond option would look much better then aswell with a Mcginn/Mcgregor type.

15 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

Today has been coming, especially with our recent home performances.

Not really 'disappointed', just shows we need to continue to strengthen every window if we want to maintain our current position/level.

Desperate for a physical wide forward in the richarlison/perisic mould.

Also need a number 8 with more legs. Diamond option would look much better then aswell with a Mcginn/Mcgregor type.

Think we are certainly two players in this window at least, striker for me. I know goals isn't the problem this but we need to have alternative option upfront and take the pressure off Vardy. Once Kel went off, we had no other striker to bring on later. Pukki impressed me. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Think we are certainly two players in this window at least, striker for me. I know goals isn't the problem this but we need to have alternative option upfront and take the pressure off Vardy. Once Kel went off, we had no other striker to bring on later. Puki impressed me. 

I think we need a forward who can play both wide and central, like a Richarlison/Perisic type, because the reality is were not going to get a top 4 standard player who is willing to be second choice. Even Pukki for example, i'm not convinced he'd leave a Premier league club as a starter to be Iheanacho.

We're short out wide, and the Richarlison type would kill two birds with one stone.....Especially given we are short of physicality up there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand cats said:

Why they didn't give the goal to Vardy ? I think the goalkeeper should not be considered if he deviate the ball knowing that an opponent player is the one who shoot it and it's his energy that make the ball go to the net.

Lovely that you think that but the rules simple, if a ball is deflected on route to goal the original shot has to be on target or it’s an OG.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Respectfully disagree.

Though I would have had no issues with handing possession to Norwich, it’s nonetheless necessary to point out that they did not actually have possession and then decided to kick the ball out of touch (to allow for ‘treatment’ of their player). Rather, the ball went out following Pukki’s full-blooded challenge with Ricardo (perhaps Pukki flew in with rage to kick the ball out). Pertinent point however is that Norwich did not CONCEDE possession and thus do not necessarily deserve ‘by rights’ to have possession returned to them.

Yeah just seen MOTD you’re wrong.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Honestly think we played worse when Nacho came off. Norwich handled our threat quite comfortably I thought. Nacho should have stayed on or should have brought on Perez and Albrighton. Probably being saved for Wednesday's game. Better look sharper against Everton this week or we will be out of the League Cup

An interesting game. Firstly Norwich were great I think they came with some tactics that really nullified us..in particular doubling and tripling at times up on Ricardo and on the wings was something I noted especially in the second half.

I think we were shaken a bit in the first, Kelechi had a funny game...not just the moments before he was subbed but he was clearly frustrated about something and I think that threw us a bit tactically. With hindsight and this is no dis on Rodgers but I would have preferred to have kept Praet on rather then Tielemans, or even Madison on this occassion 

But overall I'll take a point, it a shame I think the title is out of reach but remaining unbeaten when we have one of those days will only give us strength

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You’ve said this twice and if you are right fair enough. 

However as I remember it Ricardo and Pukki go into  a 50/50 the ball then falls to a Norwich player (Cantwell?) who has a break on, he looks forward looks then back asses the situation then voluntarily kicks it out as three players are down. So as I remember it they do deserve the ball back.

I can’t see how you are right though, I doubt a full football team would go nuts and an experienced manager would condemn his own player if things went as you claim. 

For the umpteenth time, it's NOT a big deal. Already agreed that the convention is that if they CONCEDE possession, it is returned to them. If that is indeed the sequence of events, then I can understand their stance (albeit their reaction was still way OTT).

PS: As for the drivel about "experienced manager" condemning his own player, did you add that later because the managers had NOT done their pressers when my comments were made. Beginning to suspect you're one of those obsessed with "winning" Internet discourse.

10 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

For the umpteenth time, it's NOT a big deal. Already agreed that the convention is that if they CONCEDE possession, it is returned to them. If that is indeed the sequence of events, then I can understand their stance (albeit their reaction was still way OTT).

PS: As for the drivel about "experienced manager" condemning his own player, did you add that later because the managers had NOT done their pressers when my comments were made. Beginning to suspect you're one of those obsessed with "winning" Internet discourse.

Well yes, you’ve also lectured everyone that isn’t what happened, when it was.

Any edits made to my post should be time stamped at the bottom. But no I believe it was in the original post, how quickly other people  can get hold of information isn’t restricted  to how quickly you can get hold of information, and I’m not going to say something like that unless I know it’s been said.

Im not obsessed with winning internet arguments, it’s not even really an argument, you’re just wrong. Let’s just leave it at that.

Meh. Off day. We got a point when we could have lost, like Chelsea did. 10 points clear of 4th, going into Christmas. We're still going to be in a champions league spot after boxing day. Champions league man! :claudio: