Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

I remember seeing Brendan chatting to dimi on the touch line well before he made the change ...... infact, it may have been before the incident with the throw in as he recognised that the diamond wasn’t working. 

btw, GOS with Kamy just showed that krul went for kel at the corner which meant he was out of position when vards flicked on the header ....I did wonder why he was so far off his line. 

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest the reaction after 1 bad game on here is astounding. Like, I get being upset, but this is crazy. We just won 8 on the bounce.

Absolutely crazy how angry people get after 1 average performance, one bloke sat near me was booing Gray and Barnes and saying we should get rid, can only imagine how negative the match day thread was.

On another note the Norwich fans were class, and if the team perform like that more often I can see them escaping relegation.

• Like 1

Just now, deejdeej said:

Absolutely crazy how angry people get after 1 average performance, one bloke sat near me was booing Gray and Barnes and saying we should get rid, can only imagine how negative the match day thread was.

On another note the Norwich fans were class, and if the team perform like that more often I can see them escaping relegation.

I never check the match thread any more after kickoff. 

We set-up all wrong yesterday and Norwich exploited it to great affect. Norwich stretched the game very well and dragged our midfield players wide making it a difficult first half. We spent the afternoon responding to Farke's set-up and never got going at all. Norwich were very decent, particularly impressed by their aggressive press and ability to get Buendia, McLean and Cantwell into pockets of space to utilise Pukki in the channels.

We were right to switch the formation although I would have potentially made a double sub at HT and seen if we could ridden out the boost from the equaliser. The change in shape wasn't helped by poor performances from Barnes and Gray who were the players we needed to impact the game. All in all, too many players not at the races yesterday. Chelsea losing meant it's a point gained on 4th place which made the day slightly better. We take the point and move onto the Man City and Liverpool double header, where we need vastly improved performances. 

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

The team as a whole were flat.

The diamond formation wasnt effective. 

With the early withdrawal of Iheanacho our plan B was to sub in 2 goal shy widemen. 

Once they were on it appeared difficult to get Perez or Allbrighton on without removing either of the earlier subs or unbalancing the midfield. Maybe 352 could've been an option? 

That's the same formation and personnel that had won eight out of eight in all competitions prior to the Villa game and by 24 goals to 3.

It's actually our plan A and seems to work pretty well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest the reaction after 1 bad game on here is astounding. Like, I get being upset, but this is crazy. We just won 8 on the bounce.

I find it really disrespectful tbh. The same people have no problem celebrating when things are going well. As fans we have to give our full support through thick and thin but especially when the players have performed as consistently as they have. Bit of a take, take, take mentality developing

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've not read through the entire thread but in the last few pages I've not seen much negativity, just debate about where the game could've gone better for us.

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's the same formation and personnel that had won eight out of eight in all competitions prior to the Villa game and by 24 goals to 3.

It's actually our plan A and seems to work pretty well.

True, but it didn't work so well yesterday.

My point was simply once we switched to that we appeared to be left with few other options.

Teams will be coming up with plans to frustrate us now they have had time to study the way we play ..... in 15/16, they were simply too arrogant to believe we would do it to them .... all those 1-0’s after feb were evidence that it became difficult.....

away from home its a little easier for us ..... the past three games at home have illustrated how teams will try and stop us playing at the KP

the plan of using vards to stretch the play and then exploiting that space to free up the four behind him seems to have stalled a bit ...opposition cutting off the passing lanes and pressing with more thought.  The top sides at home will be ok as they won’t worry too much about us and will want to impose their game. So experiments like yesterday will happen and the more options we have the more chance that the opposition won’t have fully prepared for it.  We don’t have the finishing ability of Liverpool’s frontmen .....that’s what has kept them eeking out wins 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

So, at this moment, 4-1-5-1 still suits us more in light of the players we have and the game we want to play.

I much rather that we rely on the system (ie. 4-1-5-1) to create chances than hoping some individual brilliance will do it

Finally, someone with an answer on how to get Praet into the side.  :thumbup:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

As said in the atmosphere thread, there's a wider, societal issue that affects fans of all teams. People can get what they want instantaneously in so many ways now, and this warps expectations and reality.

Spot on. We are a ‘work in progress’

If our league position doesn’t please some people then that’s their problem

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Bit embarrassing for whoever was working the stats at the ground yesterday .... for five mins after they scored, it was showing no shots on target for them ! 

What's more embarrassing is that there are people more interested in banal stats than watching the game!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Forget Liverpool, just concentrate on staying in second place, that would be an absolutely dream finish.

Although pyschologically its easier to hunt someone down than to hold off the hunter, we need to have the we can bridge the gap attitude in every game otherwise every point dropped will make us more edgy as we start to look over our shoulder.