Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

Ricardo and Chilwell were poor, maddison and Tielemens non existent, praet rarely in game. Weren't helped by Barnes and Gray who worsened us when on. I'm all for home grown talent but Barnes really is very poor in front of goal. Take his sheff u strike aside has fluffed his lines so many times. Team really lacks a quality wide player.

Fair play to Norwich on game, did their homework and bossed us throughout. Arguably best weve had down this year.

Frustrating more than anything else. We didn't create anything really, Vardy didn't really have a chance, and Norwich looked half decent on the counter. 

Norwich pissed me off in 15/16 and yesterday they did the exact same thing. Constant time wasting and players diving around. The throw in incident, which they have tried to big up on BBC 5 Live - saying we were wrong - was actually good to see (the ref indicated throw anyway) because I get fed up of players faking injury and their team mates kicking the ball out of play. Every week in this league.

• Like 2

First time yesterday I was disappointed with the line up and associated formation since the Man Utd match. I just felt that although we did something different against the Villa and played the diamond, I still think we play better with width and the 4141. 

I do get it though - from BR’s perspective we are playing a team in the bottom three and it’s another opportunity to rest the odd player and try and develop something different... just thought it was unnecessary and maybe a tad arrogant upon seeing the line up. Have to be honest but overall gotta be content with the point, just hope we go full strength in our next two games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Bloody love Youri Tielemans but perhaps he should have come off and Praet staying on. Thought we were untidy without Dennis in there.

I’m unsure what Praet gives you mate? What type of player is he? Is Perez injured cos I don’t know why he’s not at least on the bench

Perez gives options going forward that Praet doesn’t imo. Yesterday was crying out for somebody to link the play up in the final third as Maddison was poor unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

First time yesterday I was disappointed with the line up and associated formation since the Man Utd match. I just felt that although we did something different against the Villa and played the diamond, I still think we play better with width and the 4141. 

I do get it though - from BR’s perspective we are playing a team in the bottom three and it’s another opportunity to rest the odd player and try and develop something different... just thought it was unnecessary and maybe a tad arrogant upon seeing the line up. Have to be honest but overall gotta be content with the point, just hope we go full strength in our next two games.

Good post

i concur

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m unsure what Praet gives you mate? What type of player is he? Is Perez injured cos I don’t know why he’s not at least on the bench

Perez gives options going forward that Praet doesn’t imo. Yesterday was crying out for somebody to link the play up in the final third as Maddison was poor unfortunately 

I like Praet. I see him as a linking player, the guy is a very good passer and finds space well albeit from a deep position. That said, I agree with you that Perez might have been a better option at the time as like you say, he links the play from a more advanced position. Also, despite his iffy finishing, he seems to have a good understanding with Vardy. I just thought that Youri looked very leggy yesterday so it may have been better to have stuck with the relatively fresh legs of Praet in midfield.

That said, I'm not too down. Farke said that was their best performance of the season - it was probably our worst and we've still drawn and had chances to win. Liverpool are an incredible side but I still think that the number of games and the travelling will catch up with them at some point. They were fortunate again yesterday. I also think that Guardiola needs to win the Champions league with Man City to save some face, so I hope/ expect them to focus on Europe. We're in a great position and it's not such a bad result if you use it as a reality check then come back stronger next game.

• Like 3

Would love to have seen the VAR check on Cantwell grabbing Nacho by the neck. Whilst we were poor, definitely feel they were lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch. Few of their players seemed to get away with a lot after being booked. Beundia grabbed the ball trying to buy a free kick when already booked. 

But still a decent point after a poor performance 

• Like 1

The disappointment at the performance and result shows just how far we have come. Just think back just a year ago. Who would have predicted the progress that we’ve made. That progress inevitably results in higher levels of expectation but we’re on a big learning curve and still developing. There will be more days like yesterday and even worse where we don’t perform or get the expected result but overall how fabulous it is to see us, where we are in the table and by playing some fantastic football a lot of the time. I’ll be chuffed to bits if we can get CL football again and even better if we can win a trophy. After the decades of suffering as a Leicester fan I still can’t quite believe what we have done and are doing. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well yes, you’ve also lectured everyone that isn’t what happened, when it was.

Any edits made to my post should be time stamped at the bottom. But no I believe it was in the original post, how quickly other people  can get hold of information isn’t restricted  to how quickly you can get hold of information, and I’m not going to say something like that unless I know it’s been said.

Im not obsessed with winning internet arguments, it’s not even really an argument, you’re just wrong. Let’s just leave it at that.

Lecture? Merely recalled what I believed happened, and even you needed MOTD to verify what you believed happened.

Anyway, if I CONCEDE you’ve “won” (since it’s clearly very important to your self-esteem), will you now run along and try to get on with what’s left of your life? :giggle:
>

Edited by NaijaFox

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Lecture? Merely recalled what I believed happened, and even you needed MOTD to verify what you believed happened.

Anyway, if I CONCEDE you’ve “won” (since it’s clearly very important to your self-esteem), will you now run along and try to get on with what’s left of your life? :giggle:
>

Bit pedantic here but why in basically every one of your posts do you feel the need to fully capitalise ONE word? 

57 minutes ago, NCFC-Lad said:

Hi all, Norwich fan here!!

Just wanted to say that although it'll be tough, I really hope you can push Liverpool all the way this season. Maddison is constantly in the local media here in Norfolk saying how he lives Norwich and he comes down here at any given opportunity, so to see him next year in the chanpions league will be a special thing to see! 

Both sides had chances to win it yesterday and maybe if Pukki didn't break his toe in the first half then he may have even snatched the win for us! It's so frustrating though how we can beat man city, get a point from you and arsenal and yet get spanked at home by Watford and villa! Overall a good game and hopefully we'll be playing you again next season (although sadly I don't think we will). Full credit to all your team and fans, apart from the ones who were throwing bottles etc into our disabled fans section where one person atleast was hurt. Onwards and upwards and hoping both clubs can pull off their preseason targets this season!

If you keep playing like that we'll see you next year. Very well deserved point. 

• Like 1

Thing is, apart from Vardy, the entire team was poor in my opinion, even BR had an off day playing a formation that did not work for this particular game, added to that Norwich were up for it and we looked like we only had to turn up to win, we got what we deserved.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 2

The team as a whole were flat.

The diamond formation wasnt effective. 

With the early withdrawal of Iheanacho our plan B was to sub in 2 goal shy widemen. 

Once they were on it appeared difficult to get Perez or Allbrighton on without removing either of the earlier subs or unbalancing the midfield. Maybe 352 could've been an option? 

35 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Thing is, apart from Vardy, the entire team was poor in my opinion, even BR had an off day playing a formation that did not work for this particular game, added to that Norwich were up for it and we looked like we only had to turn up to win, we got what we deserved.

I didn't think Vardy was anything special. lol