Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich 1-1 Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Although pyschologically its easier to hunt someone down than to hold off the hunter, we need to have the we can bridge the gap attitude in every game otherwise every point dropped will make us more edgy as we start to look over our shoulder.

Agree, as you say we need to keep up the hunt and hope that Liverpool drop points, but we also need to be realistic and accept that they might be uncatchable.

On 14/12/2019 at 21:09, Collymore said:

I thought Norwich were excellent. At times they had the box loaded and I thought that would mean they'd be caught on the counter but they seemed to fall back into shape very quickly. 

Same here - although they had a ten minute spell where their two centre backs fcuked around on the ball. 

Sometimes you have a game like that and take it on the chin. If you can’t win, don’t lose. 

Liverpool sadly expectational this season but results mean we are about ‘Par’ for the weekend in the effort for a top 4 spot 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

Hi, thanks for your concern, the gentleman was my dad. His life was saved by the prompt actions of the paramedics & the medical team at the stadium. He had to be shocked 3 times with the portable defribrillators they carry, after his heart rhythm went haywire.He had treatment in the medical room at the stadium & was taken to the LRI, before being rushed to Glenfield General. Amazingly today he was sitting up in a chair wired to monitors. They are doing tests to find out what caused his heart to malfunction.The doctors said if it had  happened anywhere else but where it did, with the paramedics only a few metres away, he wouldn't have survived, so we have a lot to be grateful for. I was elsewhere in the stadium with my son & because it happened near full-time I wasn't aware anything had happened until I was walking back to the car. He won't be up & about for the Boxing Day match, but fingers crossed he'll be back in his seat sometime in the New Year.

Blimey, I sure hope he makes a speedy and full recovery, it amazes me that they can perform such heroics in such an overcrowded area. Having said that I think it’s about time we showed our appreciation and recognition for the work of of those who react so quickly in these situations, this isn’t the first time this has happened at the ground as it happened close to me once. 

Once again I hope your Dad is on the mend! 

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, Tiny earl said:

What's more embarrassing is that there are people more interested in banal stats than watching the game!

getty_523293138_200013282000928038_90051.jpg

Edited by seanfox778
Better picture

Basically, no real harm done. We’re still 13 points clear of 5th, down from 14 points before this round of games. Realistically, this is the only stat that matters. We want/need to push for a top four finish, following our brilliant first half of the season. Next 3 league games (Man City, Liverpool and West Ham) are massive. If we get 3 points from these, then we’ve done fantastic. Onwards and up wards.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Basically, no real harm done. We’re still 13 points clear of 5th, down from 14 points before this round of games. Realistically, this is the only stat that matters. We want/need to push for a top four finish, following our brilliant first half of the season. Next 3 league games (Man City, Liverpool and West Ham) are massive. If we get 3 points from these, then we’ve done fantastic. Onwards and up wards.

3 points? 

#Fearless 😄

You could well be right though 😕

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Blimey, I sure hope he makes a speedy and full recovery, it amazes me that they can perform such heroics in such an overcrowded area. Having said that I think it’s about time we showed our appreciation and recognition for the work of of those who react so quickly in these situations, this isn’t the first time this has happened at the ground as it happened close to me once. 

Once again I hope your Dad is on the mend! 

Thanks for the good wishes. You're right about the heroics they perform,  I understand they shocked him whilst still in his seat, after they cut through the 5 layers he was wearing! . The defrib machines are such a godsend, the amount of lives they save shouldn't be underestimated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think this is the first game since Rodgers has been here where he is to blame for us not winning. The starting XI was wrong. I was fully expecting Barnes and Perez. 

Missed the United and Chelsea games this season?

6 hours ago, TOMMYG said:

Hi, thanks for your concern, the gentleman was my dad. His life was saved by the prompt actions of the paramedics & the medical team at the stadium. He had to be shocked 3 times with the portable defribrillators they carry, after his heart rhythm went haywire.He had treatment in the medical room at the stadium & was taken to the LRI, before being rushed to Glenfield General. Amazingly today he was sitting up in a chair wired to monitors. They are doing tests to find out what caused his heart to malfunction.The doctors said if it had  happened anywhere else but where it did, with the paramedics only a few metres away, he wouldn't have survived, so we have a lot to be grateful for. I was elsewhere in the stadium with my son & because it happened near full-time I wasn't aware anything had happened until I was walking back to the car. He won't be up & about for the Boxing Day match, but fingers crossed he'll be back in his seat sometime in the New Year.

Tell your Dad he will be sorely missed at the next game so he needs to get better quick and cheer on his Foxes. 

Merry Christmas from all of the Leicester supporters from around the world

• Like 3

Think everyone needs to calm down a bit with the name-calling.  It's perfectly natural to be disappointed dropping points at home to the second-last place team in the table.  And it's too early to say "no harm done" with more than half the season to go and several teams with the potential to have a go at us for 4th.  What if Tottenham wins their next 8 matches - which they're more than capable of?  We'd be ruing those "no harm" dropped points against Norwich then.

Is it the end of the world or time for panic?  Absolutely not.  But saying someone isn't a real fan because they're disappointed doesn't wash with me.

Edited by Deeg67

8 hours ago, TOMMYG said:

Puts dropping two points into perspective doesn't it? I'm glad he's ok, like you say if there was ever a place for it to occur it would be near paramedics! Pass on all our regards, all the best to him in his recovery.

• Like 4

Couple of days to reflect.... felt very disappointed since Saturday but then I realised this morning.... we didn’t ****ing lose! We only drew! 

That for me is huge - for a draw at home to feel as bad as a loss only shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. Talk of a title charge has been premature obviously - Liverpool have just been too strong and too lucky.

Most important thing - there’s zero pressure on us now. Like I’ve been saying for a few weeks, we should just do our own thing, ignore what Liverpool are doing and try to secure second place. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

3 points from the next three fixtures would definitely not be fantastic

10 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Tell your Dad he will be sorely missed at the next game so he needs to get better quick and cheer on his Foxes. 

Merry Christmas from all of the Leicester supporters from around the world

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Puts dropping two points into perspective doesn't it? I'm glad he's ok, like you say if there was ever a place for it to occur it would be near paramedics! Pass on all our regards, all the best to him in his recovery.

Many thanks for your kind messages, i'm sure 6 points from the next 2 games would cheer him up :fc:

17 hours ago, TOMMYG said:

Surprised no one has asked yet if they can have his ticket!!

On a serious note, hope he makes a swift recovery. Many best wishes to you and yours Tommy x

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Surprised no one has asked yet if they can have his ticket!!

On a serious note, hope he makes a swift recovery. Many best wishes to you and yours Tommy x

Think my wife has her eyes on it for Boxing Day, ( glad me & my lad are in the family stand ;) ) . Thanks for the best wishes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What relevance does 2015 have? 

we did pretty well that season as i recall ……  we also played man city and then Liverpool on boxing day ……… as i recall ……… spooky ……..

EDIT : it was actually man city after Liverpool 

Edited by st albans fox