Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

7 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Started with Norwich, the worst team in the league, thing is, peeps thought we'd sort it out but we really are a bit out of sorts at present and  they need to get back to basics.

Dont forget Norwich beat Man city and on the way-- to the station prior to Liverpool many Leicester supporters instead of moaning  were saying  best side seen at the King Power this season and  I cant think of anyone who played better until Boxing Day

apparently our xG of 0.22 across our two games vs liverpool is the lowest any team has ever managed against another team in a season. 

i would imagine nobody has ever recorded less than our one shot on target across two games either. 

pretty impressively bad stats all round. 

First goal. Maddison 10 yards away from throw in on opposite side of pitch to that of his position. This was the problem all night. Allowing the most attacking full back in the league as much space as he wanted. Set up completely wrong from the outset. Some players out of form but tactics were bad to start with 

• Like 1

Leicester supporter from New Zealand here. Finally got round to signing up and just wanted to say you can blame yesterday's loss on me. Most games I don't watch live because they're on at 1:30-3am in the morning here. However, I do sometimes catch the late kickoff games because they're on around 9am. Unfortunately it seems the team must be aware I'm watching because they always perform unusually poorly. I always check the match thread at half time and it's inevitably filled with comments such as "this is the worst we've played all season".

Good news is West Ham is on a bit too early for me tomorrow so expect the performance to improve!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dames said:

No need to panic just yet, we’re a young team learning and we’ve just played the two best teams in the league. It just shows how good of a season we are having feeling the way we do after being beaten by them.

I fully expect the team to bounce back against West Ham. Rodgers has shown that he learns from mistakes and experiences.

.. no he doesn't!! 

He constantly repeated the same process of playing Maddison wide against the big teams and it wrecks us. The support for Vardy disappears, we become unbalanced and it would not have surprised me if the team had ran out thinking "we have lost this". 

We desperately need more quality out wide to take the pressure off the midfield and to contribute more goals and it will be interesting to see what happens in January (personally I think he has someone already lined up) but Rodgers has a blind spot and he doesn't seem able to correct it!! 

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I actually thought against Liverpool and Man City he tried to be too clever with his formations and game plan . The team selection against Liverpool was bizarre and took me a while to work out the formation and add t to that them obviously  being way too good  for us he got it all wrong . I actually think us being 2nd is a false position for us, yes we are there on merit but in no way do  I think we are currently the 2nd best team in the Premier League . If we finish too 6 I’ll be happy if we finish top 4 I’ll be ecstatic. 

... we are there on merit!! 

We had a difficult opening to the season but have managed to garner our points from the so called lesser teams. 

It has been said before that it isn't what you do against the big teams, it's what you do against the other teams that determine your success . At the moment we may be classed as "flat track bullies" but so far it's getting the job done. 

As for competing against Liverpool and Man. City, Rodgers need to adapt another mentally and philosophy in these games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... we are there on merit!! 

We had a difficult opening to the season but have managed to garner our points from the so called lesser teams. 

It has been said before that it isn't what you do against the big teams, it's what you do against the other teams that determine your success . At the moment we may be classed as "flat track bullies" but so far it's getting the job done. 

As for competing against Liverpool and Man. City, Rodgers need to adapt another mentally and philosophy in these games. 

Completely agree regarding Rodgers. He’s a brilliant coach with an amazing footballing brain but I think this is his only downfall at the minute- it was pretty similar with Celtic in the champions league every time he came up against one of the top teams. His game management and tactics were pretty poor. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Despite that they’ve been vulnerable this season and there for the taking and have dropped a lot of points by their standards. Leicester should have if they flew out the traps against them and played aggressively enough had enough to get something out the game imo. The frustration is from many on this thread I imagine that you ended up playing within yourselves.

i don’t want to call it arrogance, maybe stubborness or one dimensional are better terms but Rodgers really needs to sort out this utopia like approach where he thinks he can overplay at the back, pass through any press going and beat teams far superior with that style. Liverpool are the one side In Europe you’d absolutely Not play that way against.

One or two posters have said he’ll learn this and I hope I’m wrong but I’m not so sure as it was his Achilles heel at Liverpool and at Celtic and he’s showing no signs of learning from it thus far.

We completely play within ourselves against the so called bigger sides. Seems more psychological more than anything. 

• Like 1