Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool Post Match Thread

Guest An Sionnach
22 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We looked physically bullied i thought. They were stronger, quicker and had much more time than us. Similar to Man City, we're quite a small team and it's become incredibly apparent in the last couple of games.

Trouble is everybody looks big to Brendan Rogers , up till now our lightweight team has bypassed the physical side but its push come to shove time now and we ain't got it.

15 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Never a pen. How's he supposed to move his arm out the way? His arm is behind his back, he has even attempted to move his arm away, rather than towards. 

Oliver is an awful ref. Always looking to give the big teams anything. Some of the 50/50s he gave their way we're quite laughable. Not mentioning that their player was the last man when Vardy was drawing in on goal. We all know Vardy doesn't miss those. 

Penalty killed what was a decent battle. VAR is supposed to eradicate controversial decisions. Pool fans would be furious if it'd been given against them. 

We looked like we might catch them on the counter in the spell before the pen. 

From the replay I saw it looked a penalty, the classic move your body towards the ball to block hoping your arm moves away quick enough. 

Unless there was a deflection which Kasper mentioned in an interview apparently. In which case it's harsh.

Fully agree on the 50/50s though, felt he gave a lot their way. Fave was Mane jumping and clattering into Chilwell who was stood facing the ball, sending him to the ground and getting absolutely nothing for it. 

But he isn't the reason we lost. We didn't create enough and weren't good enough. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

From the replay I saw it looked a penalty, the classic move your body towards the ball to block hoping your arm moves away quick enough. 

Unless there was a deflection which Kasper mentioned in an interview apparently. In which case it's harsh.

Fully agree on the 50/50s though, felt he gave a lot their way. Fave was Mane jumping and clattering into Chilwell who was stood facing the ball, sending him to the ground and getting absolutely nothing for it. 

But he isn't the reason we lost. We didn't create enough and weren't good enough. 

Didn't say he was the reason. But when your already up against it. You don't need a twelfth player helping them out. 

Watch it again. Soyuncu clearly has his arm around his back at the point it hits it. Don't see what else he can do. 

Honestly think we were still in it until the pen. Disappointed that we let our heads drop though after it. 

Anyway West Ham next. It's a must win, so we can get our season back up and running and put pressure on Man City for that second place spot. 

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

they made it the kind of game Liverpool don`t want to play

This is it.

And we did the exact opposite. So so poor.

31 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We looked physically bullied i thought. They were stronger, quicker and had much more time than us. Similar to Man City, we're quite a small team and it's become incredibly apparent in the last couple of games.

players such as Pérez and Barnes clearly need spells in the gym.  we managed to compete against the other 14 who need to be more physical to get a hold in games ....... so I think we need to give it a few more games before getting too concerned. Liverpool and Manchester City had fantastic pre planned patterns and v clever players with brilliant movement .....simple passing interspersed with accurate long cross field switches. 

barnes confidence is shot .... second half he turned back when there was a brave pass available down the line and first half he was dawdling at the back post when vards crossed into the six yard box ......... a confident player would have made the simple fifteen yard forward  pass and been attacking the six yard box to get in front of robertson

Chilly showed signs of regressing to his younger days on their first goal ..... he used to have a habit where he dropped five yards behind the defensive line to give himself time ....  I hope last night wasn’t an indication that he has lost his confidence after Saturday ......

I’m consoling myself that we did little prep work for these two fixtures and saw them as free hits - our closing down in both games wasn’t good ......either we’re physically spent or the players were told to conserve themselves for the tough month ahead where games are far more winnable and come twice a week ......... get me another straw.....quick! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We (Brendan) have got to find a way to at least cinpete on these types of games. I didn't see any type of gameplan whatsoever last night 

The game plan was the same as against all the so called big clubs. Stand off and let them play. Shame because on the few occasions we got in their faces it rattled them 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Didn't say he was the reason. But when your already up against it. You don't need a twelfth player helping them out. 

Watch it again. Soyuncu clearly has his arm around his back at the point it hits it. Don't see what else he can do. 

Honestly think we were still in it until the pen. Disappointed that we let our heads drop though after it. 

Anyway West Ham next. It's a must win, so we can get our season back up and running and put pressure on Man City for that second place spot. 

It`s not so much the fact he gave a penalty that annoyed me, it`s as i said in an earlier post, the same referee, who didn`t give a penalty in the Liverpool v Man City game, when Alexander Arnold had his arms out stretched when the ball hit his arm, and Liverpool went up the end and scored from it.

If it had been a different Ref you could have said, different ref, different interpretation, but when it`s the same ref and he gives a completely different decisions for the same offence, and in fact arguably, the Alexander Arnold one was more clear cut, because his arm was outstretched, then it is a tad annoying.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

If Soyuncu was just standing there an the ball hit him then I don't think it would have been given. The fact that he leans into the ball and it hits his arm is why I believe it was called.

12 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Thank f**k that’s over we were dog shit, Seems like the players ate a bit too much Mince Pies

In all fairness we gave the ball away so many times especially at the back, the distribution was also poor, we couldn't pass either, however they were excellent no shame in being beaten by them, maddison needs to play in the middle not wide, 

An absolute shellacking, a 4-0 scoreline notable for how generous to us it actually was, and people still complain about a legit penalty given against us.  Unbelievable.  Even if the PK was unjustly awarded (which it was not) we were totally outclassed and outperformed in every sense - a total domination by Liverpool.  Being a loyal friend is great, no doubt.  Sign me up for that.  But take the damn blinders off.

12 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

Nice to see noone overreacting on here. 

We're still 2nd in the league. We've lost 2 last games against the 2 teams everyone expected to run away with the league and have kept one of them 3rd for a little while now. Even if they both pull away from us now, given where we are now, realistically our target should be champions league and maybe trying to compete with Man City for 2nd. 

At the start of the season if that was where we were told we might be we'd be ecstatic. 

We're not the finished product yet. This Liverpool team have been years in the making.

Klopp made a lot of mistakes along the way and Rodgers wont always get it right either.

What's important is keeping this young team together, leaning, building, evolving and becoming a team that stays in the top 4 and maybe begins to compete for the title year on year.

But our number one focus needs to be the rest of the games this season starting with West Ham, and returning to winning ways. This result wont define our season. And even if we struggle against the supposedly better teams, as long as we beat the rest we'll keep finishing high in the league.

Yes..before we won sometimes against the big 6..then stolpered by ' even losing'

against the bottom 8..

So far..we have turned it around..that is actually proving to be the basis,that pushes us into top 4...

This is our 1st year and competing with a medium budget..

12 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Hoping Wolves beat Manc city so we can finish the year in second !!

We can forget about competing with Man City and Liverpool.  I hope that Wolves lose.  After a terrible start, Wolves are dark horses for a CL spot.  We need to maintain our advantage over them.

• Like 1