Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Stepping Down from Royal Duties

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They’ve basically sacked him.  

"Basically".  They haven't even had the guts to remove him entirely.  If I spent years budding up to a human trafficker my family would be the first people assisting law enforcement and would never let me in the house again, let alone join them at public church services.  Instead they gave him the slap on the wrist of taking him out less and don't let him perform royal duties, a move met with very little public outcry

Meanwhile we have royalist sycophants across the nation taking this latest move personally and calling for Harry and Megan to be disowned entirely.  If Harry's looking for a new career he'd make a good pub chef, haven't seen this much sizzling gammon outside of heated Brexit arguments.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Reading the Sunday Times on it today and its actually very sad.

Your brother should be your closest relation in your life and whatever privilege they have its depressing to see them fall out, even more so with what they went through losing their mother.

30 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Pleased they escaped the royal family cult. More outraged about Harry deciding to live his own life than Andrew diddling sex-trafficked teenagers. £82m a year goes to the royal family let's give that to the NHS instead.

Praise to our NHS, best in the world. 

23 hours ago, MattP said:

Reading the Sunday Times on it today and its actually very sad.

Your brother should be your closest relation in your life and whatever privilege they have its depressing to see them fall out, even more so with what they went through losing their mother.

I doubt that Peter and Christopher Hitchens were bosom buddies. What if your brother is Fred West or Jimmy Savile? Would your brother still be the closest relation in your life if he was Jeremy Corbyn? :D

If the Windsor Bros had a close bond (as they seemed to) and there is a long-term rift, that would be sad. But lots of people have decent, but not close relationships with siblings - and some loathe one another.

I get on fine with my brother most of the time. We speak about once a month and meet about once a year, but there are a few tensions below the surface that are better left alone and we've never been exceptionally close. I've been much closer to certain longstanding friends and am sure he'd say the same. If you have an exceptionally good relationship with your brother(s) - as I did with my Dad - I'd consider it a bonus.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You, clearly.

Or at least you clearly give a **** about everyone knowing that you don't give a ****. :D

Oh I definitely 100% give a **** about what other people give a **** about. 

One of my biggest frustrations of the twenty first century is how readily and quickly the vast majority of people are distracted by complete and total non news. 

The whole story is just garden variety tacky celebrity gossip with an undercurrent of xenophobia, racism and misogyny chucked in for extra points. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

One of my biggest frustrations of the twenty first century is how readily and quickly the vast majority of people are distracted by complete and total non news. 

The whole story is just garden variety tacky celebrity gossip with an undercurrent of xenophobia, racism and misogyny chucked in for extra points. 

Says the man with 48,481 posts on this forum  lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Fair to an extent and you'll get a whole bunch of rep from anyone that feels particularly attacked by me being preachy but, let's be fair, you probably know you're wildly missing the point for the sakes of a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest though Finners, who gives a crap what you think when I can turn on the news and get the live studio opinions of royal commentators, Instagram influencers, a guy who once took some pictures of a couple of royals and Brenda from Berkshire on the phone - a life long fan of white royals and protector of tax payer funded royal playboys?

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fair to an extent and you'll get a whole bunch of rep from anyone that feels particularly attacked by me being preachy but, let's be fair, you probably know you're wildly missing the point for the sakes of a joke. 

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

To be honest though Finners, who gives a crap what you think when I can turn on the news and get the live studio opinions of royal commentators, Instagram influencers, a guy who once took some pictures of a couple of royals and Brenda from Berkshire on the phone - a life long fan of white royals and protector of tax payer funded royal playboys?

And THAT was my point. 

I'm not currently aware of there being a blog, vlog, tabloid article or 24hr news channel talking about my foxestalk post history. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

C’mon Finnegan, don’t be so touchy. There was no malicious intent in my post but there a was nice irony in your above post in the context of the time that you have spent posting on an Internet forum that is riddled with non news. 

Bottom line is that I lurk and post on here for my own benefit because I have an interest in most things related to LCFC and also as an escape from the stresses of everyday life. If people like what I post then great and if not I won’t lose sleep over it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I only intended to light-heartedly address Matt's side issue re. sibling relationships, but you've tempted me into the main issue......or caused me to be distracted by non-news, depending on your view. 

If you're right in what you say above (and I think you are), that itself makes it an issue worth discussing. The issue is holding up a mirror to our society, isn't it?

If some people (including many of the young) are distracted by tacky celebrity gossip and know little about more important issues, that matters, doesn't it?

Likewise, if the attitudes of some other people (predominantly older generations & men) are tinged or underpinned by xenophobia, racism & misogyny, that also matters, doesn't it?

Then there's the potential constitutional impact. Large proportions of the young are reportedly sympathetic to Harry & Meghan. If that helps to undermine acceptance of a hereditary head of state, alongside the Andrew allegations, the Queen's advanced age, Brexit & a divided society, then we could end up with our whole democratic system brought into question within a couple of years.......which might be a good or a bad thing, but would certainly not be non-news.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I doubt that Peter and Christopher Hitchens were bosom buddies. What if your brother is Fred West or Jimmy Savile? Would your brother still be the closest relation in your life if he was Jeremy Corbyn? :D

If the Windsor Bros had a close bond (as they seemed to) and there is a long-term rift, that would be sad. But lots of people have decent, but not close relationships with siblings - and some loathe one another.

I get on fine with my brother most of the time. We speak about once a month and meet about once a year, but there are a few tensions below the surface that are better left alone and we've never been exceptionally close. I've been much closer to certain longstanding friends and am sure he'd say the same. If you have an exceptionally good relationship with your brother(s) - as I did with my Dad - I'd consider it a bonus.

Top point is another sad case, Peter and Christopher were close but were somehow torn apart by belief of non belief of religion, so sad.

I've always been a believer of the blood thicker than water line and I'd be pretty devastated if I ever fell out with anyone in my close family and reading the ST yesterday I got the impression that's where William is and there is simply no more he can do to reach out to his brother.

On this the whole situation is weird though, the press have obviously at times behaved poorly towards these two but Markle is now somebody who has fallen out with her own father, sister, brother, other sister, numerous friends and pretty much the entire family of her husband. Not sure the Daily Express can be blamed for all this. Cant help but think Harry will be on that list eventually.

As an aside, did anyone on here actually even know she was "black" until the media decided to make a thing of it? Looking at her it would never have occurred to me.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Top point is another sad case, Peter and Christopher were close but were somehow torn apart by belief of non belief of religion, so sad.

I've always been a believer of the blood thicker than water line and I'd be pretty devastated if I ever fell out with anyone in my close family and reading the ST yesterday I got the impression that's where William is and there is simply no more he can do to reach out to his brother.

On this the whole situation is weird though, the press have obviously at times behaved poorly towards these two but Markle is now somebody who has fallen out with her own father, sister, brother, other sister, numerous friends and pretty much the entire family of her husband. Not sure the Daily Express can be blamed for all this. Cant help but think Harry will be on that list eventually.

As an aside, did anyone on here actually even know she was "black" until the media decided to make a thing of it? Looking at her it would never have occurred to me.

Sounds like you you’ve got all the information you need to have constructed your world view on this matter Matt - I’m deeply shocked by which side of the fence you have fallen!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Could be worse your brother could be Ryan Giggs

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Anyway, how the Fvck is the Vardy’s naming the baby Olivia and Jamie making a joke about the epidural needle newsworthy ? 

Featured on SSN news app as the 4th story earlier today. 

Bonkers !

Prime opportunity for LCFC fans to make up a new song based on "Oliver's Army" by Elvis Costello.

"Olivia Vardy's here to stay.....She'll score if Jamie can't play....and I don't wanna be anywhere else than here today.....the Leicester!" (accompanying claps)

:dunno:No?

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I didn't realise until I was told. When I first saw her in the media, I assumed she might be of Mediterranean family origin.

But then I didn't recognise that infamous mural as anti-semitic until the arguments were put to me, so maybe I'm just a bit clueless.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Pleased they escaped the royal family cult. More outraged about Harry deciding to live his own life than Andrew diddling sex-trafficked teenagers. £82m a year goes to the royal family let's give that to the NHS instead.

It’s bizarre how the media and general public don’t seem to care much about the Prince Andrew allegations. 

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

Its bizarre how the media and general public don’t seem to care much about the Prince Andrew allegations. 

It was headline news every day for about two weeks, aside from Brexit comfortably the biggest story of 2019.

Unfortunately until he agrees to go to the US, until Ghislaine Maxwell is found or speaks or until we get new information or more importantly conclusive proof there isnt much more to report.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Prime opportunity for LCFC fans to make up a new song based on "Oliver's Army" by Elvis Costello.

"Olivia Vardy's here to stay.....She'll score if Jamie can't play....and I don't wanna be anywhere else than here today.....the Leicester!" (accompanying claps)

:dunno:No?

"Everything we say turns into a song, do da, do da"

"Everything we say turns into a song, doody, do, da, day"

:scarf:

• Thanks 1