Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Stepping Down from Royal Duties

They can't have their cake and eat it!. if they want to step back from royal duties then fine I don't have a problem with that but don't keep sponging of the taxpayer. they can both work and do other things and be self sufficient. they are either all in royals or all out not royals. the other royals are kicking up a fuss about this because they know this could be the first step towards getting rid of the lot of them. if Harry and Meghan are not needed in the royal family then it will show that others will not be needed and the taxpayer will rightly ask if we don't pay for Harry and Meghan why should we pay for the rest of them!.

17 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

They can't have their cake and eat it!. if they want to step back from royal duties then fine I don't have a problem with that but don't keep sponging of the taxpayer. they can both work and do other things and be self sufficient. they are either all in royals or all out not royals. the other royals are kicking up a fuss about this because they know this could be the first step towards getting rid of the lot of them. if Harry and Meghan are not needed in the royal family then it will show that others will not be needed and the taxpayer will rightly ask if we don't pay for Harry and Meghan why should we pay for the rest of them!.

They've said they want to be financially independent ie. not have taxpayer money anymore. 

I don't buy that they should pay anything back for anything they have enjoyed over the past few years as some people say. For me it's like giving away a title or giving up a job and them asking you to pay back your wages.

I think it shows how ridiculous it is that the royal family are taxpayer funded in the first place. The sooner they're gone the better.

• Like 1

Here's how much money Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could need to maintain their lavish lifestyle if they plan on becoming 'financially independent'

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-meghan-markle-prince-harry-need-financial-independence-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

Not expecting it to be 100% accurate but that's a lot of money and how long would Harry's inheritance last based on these figures? I hope with Megexit happening they can keep up that kind of spending without our funding. They might have to put in some overtime. 

30 minutes ago, bmt said:

They've said they want to be financially independent ie. not have taxpayer money anymore. 

I don't buy that they should pay anything back for anything they have enjoyed over the past few years as some people say. For me it's like giving away a title or giving up a job and them asking you to pay back your wages.

I think it shows how ridiculous it is that the royal family are taxpayer funded in the first place. The sooner they're gone the better.

True, but if I had a company car, phone, residence etc. When I leave that position I should relinquish and return properties of my employer.

I think most people are happy for them to do what the hell they like, but not living rent free in a multi million pound property enjoying all the benefits and titles of being royals without the work. 

Unfortunately, it’s an either all in or all out situation for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Unfortunately, it’s an either all in or all out situation for them.

What an odd way of viewing this situation. They can't ever be "all out", they'll still be hounded by rag-tag mobs of people wanting photos and the press will forever pry into their personal lives. 

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Good for them. Meghan already has plenty of her own private wealth, and Harry will easily be able to find some high-paying ambassadorial or public speaking roles. After the way the gutter press in this country - which, let's face it, is a reflection of the majority of people who live here - hounded his mother to death, and is now vilifying his wife, I can't blame him for wanting out. Hope they both take Murdoch and the rest to the cleaners.

Also, the fact that the Royal Family are more 'disappointed' by this than his alleged paedophile uncle's activities, just tells you everything you need to know about their priorities. It's absolutely time that the RF was cut back anyway, so many hangers on who waste public money and offer nothing in return.

Dont worry our Trudeau will give him a comfy govt position with RCMP security. Heck as royalty we provide that service anyways. Although it does beg the question if Harry is here and is still a part of the royal family (in some form) then we dont need a lieutenant governer representative of the queen do we?

I don't see the queen stripping his prince/HRH title  as this could be the beginning of the end for the monarchy but who knows and it doesn't matter to me and at this point him.

I say good for Harry, he has always seemed like the outcast in terms of he wont ever be king and had better things to do then act all snooty.

On the real they wont have any problems finding well paying jobs here.

Edited by Jattdogg

Good riddance tbh - the epitome of the hypocritical woke celebrity couple. As far from away from what the royal family should actually be about.

If they do give up they had better be giving up the benefits of it all as well.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Good riddance tbh - the epitome of the hypocritical woke celebrity couple. As far from away from what the royal family should actually be about.

If they do give up they had better be giving up the benefits of it all as well.

I think its time we question the true role of the royal family. Its a 'cute story'  for 5 year old girls seeing a real queen/princess and all that but in reality  i just dont really  see how they are needed anymore.

Keep your titles, keep your ancestry but its time to move on with the times and get a real job like most of us. No tax payer money.

Im not necessarily anti monarchy (its cool and all) i just dont think we need to lick their scrots anymore with all this lavish ceremonies, maintaning properties yada yada. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Also, the fact that the Royal Family are more 'disappointed' by this than his alleged paedophile uncle's activities, just tells you everything you need to know about their priorities. It's absolutely time that the RF was cut back anyway, so many hangers on who waste public money and offer nothing in return.

That's a really good point actually. Staggering really.

I like them. I like her. I think this is what he's wanted for a long time and being married to Megan gives him the support he needs to step back. Our media are shocking.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

What an odd way of viewing this situation. They can't ever be "all out", they'll still be hounded by rag-tag mobs of people wanting photos and the press will forever pry into their personal lives. 

Curious as to what exactly you think is odd? You either do the job and get the benefits and privileges which comes with the role or you don’t, in which case you sacrifice any rights for any of the privilege associated with the role.

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Curious as to what exactly you think is odd? You either do the job and get the benefits and privileges which comes with the role or you don’t, in which case you sacrifice any rights for any of the privilege associated with the role.

Because it's not the same as giving up your employee discount when you quit McDonald's. Even if he could somehow give up his claim to the throne (unlikely as it may be) he'll still be hounded like a royal and under threat like a royal. He was born into a system, he didn't choose it, imo as long as he is carrying on with good work, which it sounds like he is, he should be protected by that system, which unfortunately does require some tax-payer money. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Good for them. Meghan already has plenty of her own private wealth, and Harry will easily be able to find some high-paying ambassadorial or public speaking roles. After the way the gutter press in this country - which, let's face it, is a reflection of the majority of people who live here - hounded his mother to death, and is now vilifying his wife, I can't blame him for wanting out. Hope they both take Murdoch and the rest to the cleaners.

Your prince Andrew point says it all.  Barely heard a peep from the royals about prince kiddy diddler.

No problem with them stepping down from royal duties, but they shouldn't be allowed to still be funded through the crown or the taxpayer. In my eyes they want to stop carrying out their duties while still using the royal family name and title in order to live their lifestyle and carry on their charity work.

They've also just had 2.4 million to renovate their house recently, I assume they'll be paying that back?