Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Snooker 2020

Phil Yates' commentary goes through me, tries and fails makes common or mundate facts sound as if he's telling you something really interesting, all of this with the annoying up and down tone whilst finishing with a high octave.

'The fascinating thing here is Barry Hawkins is English and Ryan Day (pause) is Welsh!? '

19 hours ago, Nalis said:

Phil Yates' commentary goes through me, tries and fails makes common or mundate facts sound as if he's telling you something really interesting, all of this with the annoying up and down tone whilst finishing with a high octave.

'The fascinating thing here is Barry Hawkins is English and Ryan Day (pause) is Welsh!? '

cant work out if it’s Yates or Hendon but this is a classic from last week. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Final frame decider then. Deserved end to an enjoyable tournament. 

The U.K. Championship should take on this format. 

Too right. Wasn’t sure how it was going to work out when first started watching the tournament but thoroughly enjoyed this.

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Final frame decider then. Deserved end to an enjoyable tournament. 

The U.K. Championship should take on this format. 

Yeah definitely, good to see considering some of the groups early on were decided before the final match let alone the final frame.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Well played Brecel, well deserved. 

I like the way Woolaston plays, might act as a catalyst for bigger things.

Thought Woollaston might kick on after making the Welsh Open final in 2015 but never did. He’s always been a player that seems to hover in the 30’s-40’s of the rankings.

As for Brecel it seems like he’s been around for ages, quite unbelievable to think he’s still only 25.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

RIP Willie Thorne...  I'm kinda glad he didn't have to suffer for too long after being diagnosed with leukemia, tbh.

Lovely man, had the pleasure of meeting him several times in Leicester. Always brought a smile to the room

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

Who is this co commentator on the snooker now in the Mark Selby vs Mark Allen match?

'Mark's a huge favourite now' 'Mark could be in trouble after this'... they are both called Mark you fvcking moron.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Who is this co commentator on the snooker now in the Mark Selby vs Mark Allen match?

'Mark's a huge favourite now' 'Mark could be in trouble after this'... they are both called Mark you fvcking moron.

Joe Perry I think.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Mark Selby through 2 rounds at European Masters without hitting a ball, Mark Davis withdrawn from the match because someone's knicked his cue lol  After his first round opponent had to withdraw too. Easy money. I know snooker players like using "their" cue but surely there is a plan b

Just realised Mark as actually played one round, but still had two walkovers.

Edited by RowlattsFox

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I see Ronnie got knocked out by one of those spotty teenagers he said weren’t fit to lace his boots :whistle:

Ha, to be fair he said any lower ranked player could beat him on Monday but couldnt do it during the rest of the week. Hope some of these guys who beat him kick on and push up the rankings.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I see Ronnie got knocked out by one of those spotty teenagers he said weren’t fit to lace his boots :whistle:

That was before Aaron Hill snuck in and claimed a tour card ;) 

Two tour debutants have done the business so far this week, Hill beating Ronnie and 24 year old Peter Devlin beat Mark Williams.

Hill is facing Matthew Stevens right now, while Devlin is facing Bert’s mate Joe O’Connor.