Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

2019 Wage Bill Report - are we bigger than we seem?

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In some ways I'd rather our salary bill was smaller so we could more easily grow it, but that is interesting news.

At some point we have to pay big wages to keep top players. We had to pay Vardy for example a lot to keep him here. The same will happen with Maddison, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans.

I stumbled across this whilst looking for Luke Shaws wages. It does put things into perspective somewhat. 

We can now sing

“We’re the 35th most followed team in the world,

35th most followed team in the world,

35th most followed team in the woooooooooooooooooooorld”!

There are couple of guys who are a huge drain on our wage bill who dont contribute. Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal, and this will trigger a lot of people but i add Morgan and King into that mix. If we can move those guys on we will chuck a huge % off the wage bill.

Diabate, Kaputska etc are probably on poverty wages (in footballing terms). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

There are couple of guys who are a huge drain on our wage bill who dont contribute. Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal, and this will trigger a lot of people but i add Morgan and King into that mix. If we can move those guys on we will chuck a huge % off the wage bill.

Diabate, Kaputska etc are probably on poverty wages (in footballing terms). 

James is constantly injured to. Won't be on as much as the rest but what's the point in paying for a player who never plays.

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

Every team will have that though, it's not just us.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Interesting read this! I can’t remember it being posted before:

http://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2019.pdf

Leicester site 8th in the Premier League, with a weekly salary bill of circa £3,400,000 per week.

68th in total world wide sports team, which includes not just football but also NFL, NBA, MLB, IPL etc etc

The highest Premier League club is Manchester City and they sit 13th! ...... over twice our weekly wage bill (shock).

We also sit 7th of all Premier League clubs in terms of Social media followers. I make us the 16th most “followed” football club in the world. Not bad for a team that has hardly played in Europe competitions!

35th most “followed” sports team in the world.

That's got to be including non playing staff wages, and I'd assume bonuses as there was one recently that had us about a million down from that.

To put into context, that's suggesting we'd have 30+ players on £100k a week. Reality is there's probably only 4/5 who are on anything like that so I highly doubt it's just players.

Interesting where we sit in terms of followers though. Think that suggests that their is already the potential to make this one of the 'big' clubs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

The fella who doesn't make eye contact while he sells me a pint at half time needs his wages slashed.  That should put a big dent in the figure. 

Hate that guy

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

That's got to be including non playing staff wages, and I'd assume bonuses as there was one recently that had us about a million down from that.

To put into context, that's suggesting we'd have 30+ players on £100k a week. Reality is there's probably only 4/5 who are on anything like that so I highly doubt it's just players.

Interesting where we sit in terms of followers though. Think that suggests that their is already the potential to make this one of the 'big' clubs

lol He's got the figure wrong. The document states £3.4m average earnings per year, at an average weekly wage of roughly £69k per week (if I remember right)

£3.4m per week equates to £176m per year lol lol

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sly said:

We also sit 7th of all Premier League clubs in terms of Social media followers. I make us the 16th most “followed” football club in the world. Not bad for a team that has hardly played in Europe competitions!

But I don’t understand, Everton and Villa fans said they were massive no one had heard of us but we’ve got more than them 2 put together. Must be a mistake.