Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Rodgers on Chilwell and Choudhury

Just now, Babylon said:

Am I going blind, he doesn't say that in the article?

2nd para

Chilwell was subjected to criticism from the King Power Stadium crowd on his last home outing, the 2-1 defeat to Southampton, while an unspecified ‘misdemeanour’ saw him omitted from the squad for the loss at Burnley.

Just now, ozleicester said:

2nd para

Chilwell was subjected to criticism from the King Power Stadium crowd on his last home outing, the 2-1 defeat to Southampton, while an unspecified ‘misdemeanour’ saw him omitted from the squad for the loss at Burnley.

That's them writing it, where is his quote saying it?

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm just asking for the quote where he said that. The article doesn't add anything new. 

Im no great fan of the Merc, or Stringer or the media in general. Im a big fan of Chillwell... but i find it a little odd that we would be ignorant of what was clearly a misdemeanour by the players.

They've missed a session, without an adequate excuse (lets be honest if there was an acceptable reason they would not have been punished).

I expect the local media to try and find out what happened

Edited by ozleicester

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Was the "misdemeanour" not them simply missing an important tactical session as Rodgers said the other night?

That would definitely class as a misdemeanour in such an environment. If Rodgers or the club said that they missed an important session then that would indeed qualify. Otherwise we are just indulging in semantics. 

Edited by ARM1968

are you not interested as to why they missed the session?

If Chilwell was still bombed out then I'd think there was more to it and would be curious as to why he missed the session but the fact he was back in last night suggests like others have said he's simply missed the session without a valid excuse and perhaps this has happened more than once and why Rodgers has decided to bring the hammer down.  Get the feeling people are over analysing and looking for something that isn't there.

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

are you not interested as to why they missed the session?

No. I couldn’t care less. A million and one people turn up late to work every single day in every single country in the world. It’s nobody else’s business except those involved. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Manini said:

No. I couldn’t care less. A million and one people turn up late to work every single day in every single country in the world. It’s nobody else’s business except those involved. 

To be fair those million dont get paid to perform for millions of people who are watching them

1 minute ago, E.Rose said:

Christ, why does everyone care about this so much?!? They missed a training session, may have done something they shouldn't have, great, end of. Hardly groundbreaking news is it. 

Im interested... its not consuming my life, maybe it has some relevance to form..maybe not.

Also the number of people that used it to bash Stringer seems equally pointless

Who really cares any more. Chilwell's performance last night clearly shows his got his focus back and has moved on from whatever happened. As has Rodgers obviously for picking him. 

This desire for controversy and negative publicity is unhealthy for the club and the fans. Get a grip everyone lol

To be fair those million dont get paid to perform for millions of people who are watching them

You pay their wages do you? No, King Power do. So it’s their issue, Brendan has said it’s been dealt with, Chilwell played well last night back in the squad. JD. Job done. 

Just because they’re millionaires and they play for Leicester doesn’t give us the right to need to know every single thing that’s going on in their lives. To be honest, I’m surprised Chilwell has been able to drag himself out of bed over the last couple of months with some of the pelters he’s been getting from his own supporters. If I got as much stick as him at his age I’d probably struggle to make it in to work too I’d be utterly ****ing distraught! 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Am I going blind, he doesn't say that in the article?

No he doesn't. This is yet more bullshit clickbait to drag it on. 

He literally just says Chilwell played well and then refused to be drawn on why Hamza wasn't picked. 

There's literally nothing new and it's literally a bored local tabloid fanning a dying ember again. 

Why did this need a new thread? Stop giving this shit life. We just won 4-1.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im interested... its not consuming my life, maybe it has some relevance to form..maybe not.

Also the number of people that used it to bash Stringer seems equally pointless

Absolutely fair enough that people are interested and there’s nothing wrong with a discussion based on facts but it’s not been that, it’s been rumours and sh*t stirring. Its clear we won’t know the full story so leave it be, nothing positive is coming out of it. We had a great win yesterday, can’t we all focus on that?

Can’t comment on the Stringer situation as I’ve only skimmed over those comments.