Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

The major pro would be having a genuine world class player back at the club. The major con would be the Algerian fan boys infiltrating everything Leicester city. 

Not sure we are all ready for the African experts to return. But it all seriousness, regardless of what happens to Man City, it's highly unlikely we would get Mahrez back. Even if Man City dont get to play champions league, they will put all their focus into the league and probably end up like Liverpool are this season. This talk of Man City being relegated is nonsense and will never happen! 

14 hours ago, urban fox said:

Both Mahrez and Albrighton started from deeper positions as we played a different system then with full backs who sat more rather than now, where it is our FBs who bring the ball out, allowing the wide players to stay further up the pitch rather than having to come and collect it more.

Granted he really was a gifted player but was so frustrating sometimes when it was clear that he was not up for it, or simply went into hiding for large portions of games.

I think i tend to agree with the view that i would probably "have" him back but not "welcome" him unconditionally. For me he would need to prove himself attitude wise again.

Obviously a completely hypothetical situation because it will never happen from either side.

The debate does raise the question though, what other players have we had in the past, whilst obviously decent players that would improve most teams, but you would not have taken back given the chance?  there will always be a certain animosity to any player that leaves but a certain Mr Wise comes to mind

I can agree with that view.  

Also agree its extremely unlikely to happen, especially as Man City will be in the CL next season anyway as the punishment will be suspended when they appeal.

• Like 1

After his words why would anyone want him back at the club. They plucked him out of French obscurity, showed faith, help develope him and then he has the audacity to say Leicester wasted 2 years of his life. He would still be playing 2nd division French football if it wasn't LCFC. The guy needs to show a little more respect because when you believe you are on top you never know who you may need on the way down. So sod him little disrespectful tw*t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I find it hilarious that he left us for CL football.

But he sulked in an airport after four seasons with us.

I find it difficult to slam my fists against the table: you should have sulked at home!!

stop sulking ;)

Anybody just seen his interview on Sky?

He said he "respects" Leicester, "loves" Leicester and wouldn't celebrate if he scored today. Said his short celebration in the home game was because he was relived Manchester City drew level.

I won't be booing him today, like I didn't at the Etihad. These title winners can say a lot in the press, have words taken out of context, but they were our title winners and something we never did before as a club.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anybody just seen his interview on Sky?

He said he "respects" Leicester, "loves" Leicester and wouldn't celebrate if he scored today. Said his short celebration in the home game was because he was relived Manchester City drew level.

I won't be booing him today, like I didn't at the Etihad. These title winners can say a lot in the press, have words taken out of context, but they were our title winners and something we never did before as a club.

.. Well he would say that!! 

Not too sure what you expected him to say. 

Pure soundbite!!