Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

I’ve opted for yes. 

It’s difficult to say though, without knowing if it would impact upon the healthy culture we’ve got at the club.

We’ve felt for 5 or 6 years now, that the personality is as important as the ability. 

Everyone hates on Mahrez due to the way he left us. However, let’s be honest, in his shoes, even as a Leicester fan, wouldn't you want to play for a club like Manchester City, double your wages and win trophies? He doesn’t appear to be the sort of player who’ll have a limelight in the media after football.

I'd rather have Kramaric, or Slimani, or .......Richie Wellens.

He made his bed, now he needs to lie in it. We don't need his poor attitude to destroy team spirit again. He's no longer the young Algerian moving from the French second league and making an effort. 

It would be so funny to see him not playing CL football and LCFC to be playing it.

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He wouldn't fit in this team. We'd have to get a different type of fullback for a start. He's not worth it. Get someone to complement Ricardo and you've got a dynamite right side. Get Marhez and you've got one decent player when he feels like it.

Not worth it😂did you ever see him play?do you know how many goals he scored or created for us? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Not worth it😂did you ever see him play?do you know how many goals he scored or created for us? 

Yep, saw him play. Did you read the post on why? For me we're not that desperate. Do you honestly think he wouldn't look upon us as a retrograde step after all he's said? Do you think that he'd come here and not be the idle ineffectual pratt he was for the majority of his latter season here? Shall we bin Ricardo for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve opted for yes. 

It’s difficult to say though, without knowing if it would impact upon the healthy culture we’ve got at the club.

We’ve felt for 5 or 6 years now, that the personality is as important as the ability. 

Everyone hates on Mahrez due to the way he left us. However, let’s be honest, in his shoes, even as a Leicester fan, wouldn't you want to play for a club like Manchester City, double your wages and win trophies? He doesn’t appear to be the sort of player who’ll have a limelight in the media after football.

... as a Leicester fan there is no way I would walk away from this club!! 

Le Tiss was one club, Vardy came and looks set to stay here. With the amount of money on offer at this club and as a supporter why would you want to go somewhere else. 

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Bottom line is that despite what we think on the forum he's liked by his team mates and he would massively improve the right midfield position.

Fans views would turn very quickly if he scored a few goals for us. 

Obviously man babies would never forgive him but he you have to be pragmatic in life. 

.. in case yo haven't noticed only Kasper and Vardy are left of the title winning team, still in the first eleven!! 

Yeah, fans are fickle and would forgive everything should he start scoring. I think we need to move on and stop hankering for the good old days, anything like his last season and.... things could get very ugly from the terraces. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FIF said:

I'd rather have Kramaric, or Slimani, or .......Richie Wellens.

He made his bed, now he needs to lie in it. We don't need his poor attitude to destroy team spirit again. He's no longer the young Algerian moving from the French second league and making an effort. 

It would be so funny to see him not playing CL football and LCFC to be playing it.

This is what Pi55es me off when you see his so called wasted 2 years at Leicester he forgets we were the ones that picked him out of a Shit french team in a shit french league, gave him his platform to shine he’d prob still be in a shit french team if we hadn’t plucked him out and took a risk on him !

what he did for us after getting going for us a as amazing he did us proud until he took the Pi55 went on strike camping out at the airport or wherever it was so probably not want him back but is KDB on for a move to LCFC?😉

• Like 2

No thanks.

He didn’t want to be here before and I doubt he’d ever be happy to return, especially given his recent comments and the manner of his transfer away. We do need to add a player of his ilk but why not look elsewhere for that? 

He would likely want much bigger wages, not have much of a resale value and would feel like he had been a failure at the “top level”. We have a good group of players right now and why upset the mentality within the squad by adding such a rotten egg? Yes he can pull a rabbit out of a hat but I’d rather see us continue to give Barnes a chance and perhaps shift Gray in the summer and look to bring in a decent winger.

Edited by oadby.fox

On 15/02/2020 at 15:32, Fox92 said:

Why the fvck wouldn't you!? We haven't got a winger like him. Assist and score consistently and will single handily win games.

Voting no is like rejecting Michelle Keegan. 

Both scenarios will never happen though.

M. Keegan is a bit meh though.

If he improves the squad and was happy to come back( which I doubt he would be) then yes I would have him back. You can't blame players for wanting to better themselves and playing for what they believe is a bigger club with more chances to win trophies. Only the fans kiss the badge ad truly mean it. 

He'll definitely go mardy at Man Shitty now so who knows where he will wanna go? Not really welcome back here now after what he said. Funny though, what goes around comes around. Young Barnesy will be playing CL football next season and Riyad will be staying at home. Idiot.

To be fair, at the time I loved watching him play for us and said he was the most exciting, talented attacking player in a Leicester shirt since Keith Weller but now I can't stand the twat.

Edited by Flat Fox
  • Like 1

Perhaps, if he agreed to wear "twat" on the back of his shirt for the first game. You know, for being one to the club that did so much for him as well.

He is a player we could use no doubt about it but the way he wanted out, subsequent comments is a bit dooshy. So yes, we can forgive and move on :)

On 15/02/2020 at 14:32, Fox92 said:

Why the fvck wouldn't you!? We haven't got a winger like him. Assist and score consistently and will single handily win games.

Voting no is like rejecting Michelle Keegan. 

Both scenarios will never happen though.

Voting yes would be like having a Michelle Keegan that hates you chained up in the cellar.

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

I'm assuming from the thread title that mahrez decides he wants to come back.

Much more than unlikely.

Were it to happen though anybody saying no is completely nuts.

Probably the best player ever to play for the club.

Why would anyone say no?

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

May as well say ‘Would you sign De Bruyne’ of course we would. But the wages / fact that they’d be about 10 higher rated clubs in for him as well means it would never happen 

I believe that the whole thread is hypothetical - it has less than a zero chance of happening ..... its more a judgment on how we, as fans,  are prepared to forgive his attitude and how we haven’t managed to get close to replacing him ......