Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If Demarai gray behaved like that and left the club, you’re right, I wouldn’t want him back. Then even if he behaved impeccably and left I wouldn’t really want him back because of ability......are you still pretending ability is not important?

I was commenting on self respect (assuming by self he was alluring to my relationship with the club and if it hypothetically took Mahrez back). 

No, I never said that.  To quote myself:

5 hours ago, murphy said:

I think that the first attributes that you should look for in any player are his character, attitude and commitment.  If he fails that test then ability is irrelevant.

In other words if you're looking at a player and his character is lacking and his attitude is questionable, then look no further.  It doesn't matter how good he is after that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, I never said that.  To quote myself:

In other words if you're looking at a player and his character is lacking and his attitude is questionable, then look no further.  It doesn't matter how good he is after that.  

It’s nonsense though, the player was a star in the best team we’ve ever had. Even if his attitude is in question, it’s completely irrelevant as it’s proved that it doesn’t have a toxic effect.

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Mahrez was leaking stories via is agent as soon as Kante and Drinkwater went. It shouldn't take too much intuition to look at his performances against a timeline of informal/formal transfer requests and crap performances. Mahrez can't stand us, and wouldn't return anyway, it's as simple as that.

Rumoured to be leaking stories via agent you mean?

I do remember Mahrez himself coming out saying those rumours were false and the French newspapers saying they didnt validate the source.

Unless a player or another employee of the club says it, then its always only speculation.

• Thanks 1

You can't fault Mahrez's ambition. He wanted to play at the very top and we couldn't provide that for him at the time. We are now a very different club and one of the most attractive places for players to play. A new training ground, potential stadium expansion and a really talented and young squad that will only get better. If Mahrez was still here in this squad I'd doubt he'd want to leave. 

47 minutes ago, shailen said:

You can't fault Mahrez's ambition. He wanted to play at the very top and we couldn't provide that for him at the time. We are now a very different club and one of the most attractive places for players to play. A new training ground, potential stadium expansion and a really talented and young squad that will only get better. If Mahrez was still here in this squad I'd doubt he'd want to leave. 

.... yes he would!! 

Like Madders, Chilly and the rest if a top four team, and when I say top 4, I mean historically, came in they will be gone. 

Mahrez wanted a move to London, bright lights and everything, but it didn't happen so as Man. City had the finance to meet our asking price, that's where he went. 

The chance to work with Pep wasn't the draw it was the only genuine offer on the table. 

Incredibly shallow man!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Rumoured to be leaking stories via agent you mean?

I do remember Mahrez himself coming out saying those rumours were false and the French newspapers saying they didnt validate the source.

Unless a player or another employee of the club says it, then its always only speculation.

I understand your point, but I disagree.

It is naivety to simply believe that because the club did not publicly comment to leaks (which they dont), that Mahrez has had no hand to it.

I base my judgements around civil/criminal law. You can lose a civil case 49/51, but you have to win a criminal case 100/0.

Circumstantial aspects + timings + lack of motivation = more than enough for my verdict. 

Too much fond reminiscing about what he was at his pomp, but flagrant disregard of how his attitude or self import soured things towards the end.

Even sitting in an airport lounge waiting for a move is pretty disrespectful and thereby toxic.

Maybe he was going Skiing.

• Like 1

Apart from Vardy who has really been loyal to us in recent years. Yes Mahrez kicked and screamed more than others but at the end of the day he wanted out as did Kante, Drinkwater and Maguire. He probably did more for us then any of the above and gave us some unforgettable moments. 

Too many people make decisions emotionally and not logically. If Mahrez wanted to come back he would improve us massively and that imo is the main reason for going for him if we had the chance. Even when he sulked, when he was back in training and games he gave 100% and his performance levels didn't drop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I understand your point, but I disagree.

It is naivety to simply believe that because the club did not publicly comment to leaks (which they dont), that Mahrez has had no hand to it.

I base my judgements around civil/criminal law. You can lose a civil case 49/51, but you have to win a criminal case 100/0.

Circumstantial aspects + timings + lack of motivation = more than enough for my verdict. 

beyond reasonable doubt isn't 100/0