Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Not for me . Reasons being the way he left us also the comments he made about Leicester holding  him back . And although he’s been having a better season this year for Man City and he’s obviously a talented player he’s still not been able to replicate the consistent form of our title year . I am also not sure how well he’d play with Ricardo who like to bomb forward where as Simpson sad back and defended . 

Edited by baldeagle

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Easily the most talented player we have ever had but he left under a cloud. Imagine him in this team though🔥 never going to happen

He wouldn't fit in this team. We'd have to get a different type of fullback for a start. He's not worth it. Get someone to complement Ricardo and you've got a dynamite right side. Get Marhez and you've got one decent player when he feels like it.

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'd welcome him back. Business is business at the end of the day. 

He's a fantastic player and we might not ever see anyone as good put a city shirt in our lifetimes.

Business is business my arse, he'd be a retrograde step and expensive as you'd need to buy another right back to cover him on the odd day he'd decide to turn up! Business is business sounds like some crass statement from an American gangster movie designed to impress people. We're Leicester, we don't need to win that bad that we sell our soul. Do you really think that mardy pratt would see coming back to Leicester as anything other than a big comedown? Has his behaviour whilst with us and since he's left not signalled something to you? Resigning him would be an unmitigated disaster. He's destined to be a legend in his own lunchtime. He'll be remembered here for one years contribution, if he left Manchester City tomorrow, in 5yrs time it would be Riyhad who? Such is his importance there or anywhere else in the future I'd guess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fox85 said:

So short that he was a key figure to our success.

Maybe your memory is just as short 

Very true, and then he made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want to be here.

Not only that, but he also decided to take a shot at his time here.

Well it’ll likely work out for them at CAS - if they do lose that appeal then wow - they’ll be in the shit big time as the Premier League will have the confidence (they are of course bottling it atm and waiting for the appeal verdict) to dock points.... 

Basically over two seasons they will lose 220 million plus in income, be unable to attract and re-sign some players and struggle to keep within FFP as a result and maybe even have to sell a few. Pep has his eyes on the CL then he’ll be off in the Summer too no doubt.... Potentially catastrophic but likely to be squashed on appeal... 

Yes. 

For a few reasons.

He plays in a region of the park we are not strong in. Perez is doing a commendable job this season but he is not a winger and that’s clear to see.

He’s a club legend whether you like him or not. We would never have had our greatest days as a club if he were not part of the collective.

He’s still one of the most talented players in the league and can be a match winner on any given day.

Theres no use being bitter holding onto a grudge if it stops us improving as a team.

I wasn’t a fan of the way he engineered his move out but I’m prepared to look at the bigger picture.

Understand pretty much any and all dissenting viewpoints though.