Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

One of the best players we ever had? yes.

Welcome him back? no chance.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion/feeling, but I can't forgive, nor forget the "2 years wasted" comments and attempting to force a move away as openly as he did.

I wonder if he will down his toys now that there is possibly no champ's league for Manc, will he also consider that "2 years wasted"? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

Probably the best player ever to play for the club.

Why would anyone say no?

I think that the first attributes that you should look for in any player are his character, attitude and commitment.  If he fails that test then ability is irrelevant.

There is also an element of self respect if you're prepared to overlook his previous behaviour just because he's good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that the first attributes that you should look for in any player are his character, attitude and commitment.  If he fails that test then ability is irrelevant.

There is also an element of self respect if you're prepared to overlook his previous behaviour just because he's good.

Why is ability irrelevant? His character, attitude and commitment contributed to us winning the league and getting to the 1/4 finals in the champions league.

What previous behaviour are we talking about? The strike that wasn’t, and was actually the club taking him out of the limelight? The waiting at an airport because his agent told him he had a move to Roma all but agreed? 
He is just a talented footballer wanting to play at the highest level and was an absolute pleasure to watch in a city shirt.

41 minutes ago, murphy said:

👏👏

I couldn’t have said it better myself; without expletives that is.

Self respect  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why is ability irrelevant? His character, attitude and commitment contributed to us winning the league and getting to the 1/4 finals in the champions league.

What previous behaviour are we talking about? The strike that wasn’t, and was actually the club taking him out of the limelight? The waiting at an airport because his agent told him he had a move to Roma all but agreed? 
He is just a talented footballer wanting to play at the highest level and was an absolute pleasure to watch in a city shirt.

Come alive!

The strike that wasn’t😃

It’s the agents fault😃

Not passing the ball to Vardy for two months😃

Going to airports ready for a move in the season😃

Leicester stopped me from going Arsenal and wasted my time for two years😃 

Walking around the pitch with barely any effort for at least a season😃

And to cap it all;

Failing to pay £6.000 wages owed to a nanny who looked after his kids. She had to take him to court to get what to him was a mornings pay at the most.

What a guy, what a shining example to the world and our children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come alive!

The strike that wasn’t😃

It’s the agents fault😃

And to cap it all;

Barely any effort for a season, which season? The guy hit double figures for goals for the last 3 seasons he was here. 

Failing to pay £6.000 wages owed to a nanny who looked after his kids. She had to take him to court to get what to him was a mornings pay at the most.

If you’re letting your children use footballers as role models, you have failed as a parent already 

Edited by Strokes

33 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Barely any effort for a season, which season? The guy hit double figures for goals for the last 3 seasons he was here. 

If you’re letting your children use footballers as role models, you have failed as a parent already 

Don’t be so juvenile, the last one when he didn’t put any effort in ffs.He’s everything we would not need for a happy squad.

Only recently Mahrez has been openly disrespectful of this club and as a consequence to you and all of our fans.

As Murphy wrote in an earlier post, (for gods sake man) have some self respect .

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Don’t be so juvenile, the last one when he didn’t put any effort in ffs.He’s everything we would not need for a happy squad.

Only recently Mahrez has been openly disrespectful of this club and as a consequence to you and all of our fans.

As Murphy wrote in an earlier post, (for gods sake man) have some self respect .

How am I being juvenile? I’m disagreeing that he put no effort in and the stats back me up. He scored 12 goals and assisted 10 in the season you’re talking about and played 36 games. That completely trumps the contribution from our wide players this season and last. 
Self respect? We’ve had David speedie turn out for the club, a year after diving in a playoff final against us. Stan Collymore  still cheered, after setting off fire extinguishers and fire alarms.
Administration that ruined local businesses. Paul Dickov and Keith Gillespie supported through rape allegations. Breached FFP to gain promotion. Supported Vardy over racism allegations. Why the fúck would I start now?

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

You seem to be bending over backwards to excuse Mahrez' behaviour.  Without going back over that well trodden ground, let me ask you this question:  If it was a lesser player that behaved like Mahrez had done, let's say Demarai Gray for arguments sake, would you still be saying the same thing or would you just say f*** him?  I think if you're honest it would be the latter.  

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

How am I being juvenile? I’m disagreeing that he put no effort in and the stats back me up. He scored 12 goals and assisted 10 in the season you’re talking about and played 36 games. That completely trumps the contribution from our wide players this season and last. 
Self respect? We’ve had David speedie turn out for the club, a year after diving in a playoff final against us. Stan Collymore  still cheered, after setting off fire extinguishers and fire alarms.
Administration that ruined local businesses. Paul Dickov and Keith Gillespie supported through rape allegations. Breached FFP to gain promotion. Supported Vardy over racism allegations. Why the fúck would I start now?

You can't compare Mahrez to those players because no one ever questioned their commitment to the club.  Mahrez gave the impression that he would crawl over broken glass to leave us.  He disrespected the club and his team mates and that is inexcusable.  It's not bitterness just because he left.  Plenty of players have left us and I wish them well but there are ways of doing it.  I definitely wouldn't want a player back that has demonstrated such contempt for our club, no matter how talented he is.

I'm not sure what fire extinguishers or Speedie diving for a different club has to do with anything.  If you think that's the same, you're missing the point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guybino said:

One of the best players we ever had? yes.

Welcome him back? no chance.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion/feeling, but I can't forgive, nor forget the "2 years wasted" comments and attempting to force a move away as openly as he did.

I wonder if he will down his toys now that there is possibly no champ's league for Manc, will he also consider that "2 years wasted"? 

The only thing out of all that that was confirmed was the January falling out with the club in his last winter here, the rest was unproven press stories.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

You seem to be bending over backwards to excuse Mahrez' behaviour.  Without going back over that well trodden ground, let me ask you this question:  If it was a lesser player that behaved like Mahrez had done, let's say Demarai Gray for arguments sake, would you still be saying the same thing or would you just say f*** him?  I think if you're honest it would be the latter.  

If Demarai gray behaved like that and left the club, you’re right, I wouldn’t want him back. Then even if he behaved impeccably and left I wouldn’t really want him back because of ability......are you still pretending ability is not important?

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can't compare Mahrez to those players because no one ever questioned their commitment to the club.  Mahrez gave the impression that he would crawl over broken glass to leave us.  He disrespected the club and his team mates and that is inexcusable.  It's not bitterness just because he left.  Plenty of players have left us and I wish them well but there are ways of doing it.  I definitely wouldn't want a player back that has demonstrated such contempt for our club, no matter how talented he is.

I'm not sure what fire extinguishers or Speedie diving for a different club has to do with anything.  If you think that's the same, you're missing the point.

I was commenting on self respect (assuming by self he was alluring to my relationship with the club and if it hypothetically took Mahrez back). 

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The only thing out of all that that was confirmed was the January falling out with the club in his last winter here, the rest was unproven press stories.

Mahrez was leaking stories via is agent as soon as Kante and Drinkwater went. It shouldn't take too much intuition to look at his performances against a timeline of informal/formal transfer requests and crap performances. Mahrez can't stand us, and wouldn't return anyway, it's as simple as that.

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

Best player we've had on the wings by far and we sorely miss him. He'd be the difference between a one off european team to a regular european team. 

He very literally wasn’t that difference in our one season of CL football. 

I would rather have Harvey and Perez feeling privileged to have a starting role and working to improve themselves every week than an (admittedly talented) willy puller who thinks he’s too good for his team-mates. That way lies destruction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The only way Mahrez comes back to us is if he and the club want the move to happen. Therefore a happy chappy Mahrez running down our right wing with Madders, Tielemans, Barnes and Ndidi would be a no brainier! 

Except that we know Mahrez has the ability to turn very spiteful and very unprofessional. There is no way the owners would take him back as he no longer fits the clubs ethos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Mahrez dedicated the goal he scored against Spurs to Vichai. Now how disrespectful was that

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Are you stating that Dickov and Gillespie (of all people) were more committed than a player who was one of the three main contributors to winning the title

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come alive!

The strike that wasn’t😃

It’s the agents fault😃

And to cap it all;

What sort of example is Vardy with his past history of being involved in a fracas? How about Frank Worthington’s antics off the pitch. The players are there to play football, not to audition for a part as Jesus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Thai orgy? F**ck off & die? You’re missing so many classic memories.