Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

How have you worked that one out? 

They’ve got a great group of players and a replacement lined up already if they sell anyone. 

I think Wolves only concern will be keeping hold of Nuno! 

Portsmouth had great group of player at one time. So did QPR. Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan..... 

Having a great group of players and/or manager doesn't mean much unless you have an infrastructure to support it. You have to be well run otherwise it all falls apart at some point and something just doesn't seem right at Wolves. 

Jorge Mendes is the block that their whole club seems to be built on and that is dangerous. What happens if he decides to walk? Agents whole business is built on money. What happens if he decides there is more elsewhere and takes his clients with him? One word from their agent and that's a whole lot of unhappy Wolves players and it all falls apart. 

Wolves are a bad season or two and a Mendes huff from disaster. That's not a solid foundation for a football team to sit on. 

Just my opinion but like I said, I can see a dramatic fall following a good season or two. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frank_mckenzie said:

I think fosun International who own wolves are also the main backers for Jorge mendes hence the reason for 90% of the players and the manager they have.

They are but Mendes can't have allegiance to both his client and to Wolves all the time. At some point or other, the interests are going to clash and he is going to piss off one side or another. 

There are far more negative examples to folk throwing money at a team than there are positive ones. 

Our owners for example put the money in the right places. The training ground is the perfect example. Build the infrastructure at the club first before the big players with the massive wages come. 

Chucking money at the starting 11 just doesn't last. We've saw it time and time again. 

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Wolves and how they are currently run has League 1 within 5 years written all over it! 

I wouldn’t go as far as that, but there is a certain element of it being short term. If one man is dictating things so heavily, you are at his whim. Rather than if you have a tried and tested team of people following a process.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There's actually a lot of truth in this that explains why we're doing so well, and why others haven't. Though personally I think Wolves are more in the former and not in much danger of becoming the latter.

Most clubs who come up to the Premier League and survive their first season tend to have a grace period in which they stay in the Premier League for a few more seasons, then either start to progress slightly and/or concentrate on cup success, or start deteriorating and go down.

Using our 90s team as an example - we came up, thrived, won 2 cups in 3 years, lost our manager and started spending money in the wrong places. 13 years of yo-yoing hell followed. 

• The sheepshaggers spent 6 seasons in the PL in the late 90's, their highest finish was 8th, then they deteriorated and never recovered (save for literally the worst top tier team ever).
  • Forest haven't been in the Premier League in Fofana's lifetime.
  • Wigan finish 10th and we runners up in the League Cup in their first season - 7 more seasons they never finished higher, though won the FA Cup but were never seen again.
  • Bournemouth - 5 seasons, 9th in the second, down in their 5th.
  • Swansea finished 11th, 9th, won a league cup, 12th, 8th, 12th, then 15th and down. Not seen since.
  • Stoke - a cup final, 9 years of finishing 9th to 14th - then down and are struggling in the championship.
  • Sunderland - 10 years, highest finish 10th, a cup final, then straight down to League one.
  • West Ham's highest finish was 7th in 2016, which would have been remarkable if it wasn't for something else. Otherwise they've not finished higher than 10th and have been making some disastrous signings on the pitch and the dug out. They'll be going down soon IMO.
  • This is Southampton's 9th season back up - they finished 8th to 6th for 4 seasons straight, qualified for the Europa twice and could have won their cup final. They became a feeder club and allowed all their best players to leave all at the same time, which is something we've learnt from. They were lucky our 9-0 win came in October as it gave them a chance to galvanise and survive. Do they have enough to progress from here?
  • Burnley are an interesting case - yo-yoing for a decade, but then qualifying for the Europa through the league and fully deserving to. They need investment though otherwise they'll become like all of the above.

Most interesting is after our league win, two Championship teams seem to have taken inspiration from it. Wolves and Sheffield United last season. Will they have enough to progress after a first couple of decent seasons?

I'm just very sceptical about Mendes' involvement. It's fine now that they are doing well but a bad season or two when they might not be as attractive to players would be interesting to see it pan out. 

Imagine a couple of relegation fights and a few big offers from big clubs come in that would make the player and mendes alot of money but wolves dont want to sell..... what happens? Does Mendes support the club or the player? 

Either the player loses faith in their agent and finds a new one or the club lose faith in Mendes and dont back him financially..... Its just a weird situation and I dont see how he can keep both sides happy for long. 

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm just very sceptical about Mendes' involvement. It's fine now that they are doing well but a bad season or two when they might not be as attractive to players would be interesting to see it pan out. 

Imagine a couple of relegation fights and a few big offers from big clubs come in that would make the player and mendes alot of money but wolves dont want to sell..... what happens? Does Mendes support the club or the player? 

Either the player loses faith in their agent and finds a new one or the club lose faith in Mendes and dont back him financially..... Its just a weird situation and I dont see how he can keep both sides happy for long. 

As with most things in life , whilst it’s going well no one cares or bothers .... once it isn’t going well no one can understand why no one cared or was bothered !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As with most things in life , whilst it’s going well no one cares or bothers .... once it isn’t going well no one can understand why no one cared or was bothered !!

Absolutely spot on. 

25 minutes ago, Tally Ho Foxes said:

Keith Azul (@thechicoazul) Tweeted: #MUFC are increasingly confident they have turned the head of Leicester’s James Maddison and will complete his acquisition before the window closes. #LCFC looking at Chelsea’s Mount or Burnley’s McNeill as last min replacement.

Absolute W**ker.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tally Ho Foxes said:

Keith Azul (@thechicoazul) Tweeted: #MUFC are increasingly confident they have turned the head of Leicester’s James Maddison and will complete his acquisition before the window closes. #LCFC looking at Chelsea’s Mount or Burnley’s McNeill as last min replacement.

16 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

They wish!!

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Absolute W**ker.

He is a parody account - can we not mention him again please ? 

2 hours ago, Tally Ho Foxes said:

has that clown got anything right?
up there with IndyKalia imo