Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

On 25/12/2020 at 11:43, Carl the Llama said:

^^^ a e s t h e t i c

I've had a change of heart on the bikes vs cars debate.  Cars are more fun in general.  The Javelina is my current best girl, not the highest top speed (189 though so not far off) but it has a great engine sound, tears up any terrain and drifts so nicely. 

Also donuts: 

20201224222605_1.thumb.jpg.ad1d4736beaac9ebd24edf0e7cb6dcdf.jpg

You can't do that on any bike I've used.

You're not trying hard enough...

thumbnail_IMG_20201231_210618106.thumb.jpg.7c86ff790dc5afb0a9808844558d8c7d.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201231_210603413-1.thumb.jpg.0a066802fbde65cd8ed19069a6bf6598.jpg

I can do it on a real one too. 

Always remember kids - four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You're not trying hard enough...

thumbnail_IMG_20201231_210618106.thumb.jpg.7c86ff790dc5afb0a9808844558d8c7d.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201231_210603413-1.thumb.jpg.0a066802fbde65cd8ed19069a6bf6598.jpg

I can do it on a real one too. 

Always remember kids - four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. 

You inspired me to give it another try and you're right, my technique was completely wrong, thank you :D 

20201231213154_1.thumb.jpg.2167637a26d19acddb28f2c20e265337.jpg

20201231213601_1.thumb.jpg.b60602bfb593125265d65d2c66fed1bd.jpg

20201231213417_1.thumb.jpg.5cb4528e1237727dd5d81a09f6163be2.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You inspired me to give it another try and you're right, my technique was completely wrong, thank you :D 

20201231213154_1.thumb.jpg.2167637a26d19acddb28f2c20e265337.jpg

20201231213601_1.thumb.jpg.b60602bfb593125265d65d2c66fed1bd.jpg

20201231213417_1.thumb.jpg.5cb4528e1237727dd5d81a09f6163be2.jpg

Excellent :appl::chant:

Must say, I'm really enjoying this game. Although I'm on Act 2, (it was necessary to progress to open up the entire world), I enjoy exploring open world games and taking my time savouring the nuances and details, sub plots and leaving the main story for as long as I can, particularly when it's so comparatively short and there's so much to do elsewhere. Like Fallout 4, there's so much humour and references in there, much of it hidden. 

A few observations. Since I don't have a corporate cell in my body, that immediately ruled that life choice out. Can't stand any suggestion of gang/street culture either and since I've been somewhat of a misfit and having a wanderlust all my life - nomad (on a bike) was a no brainer...and natural choice as a merc and dystopian bounty hunter lol. I'm actually quite resigned to turning into Johnny Silverhand, despite the fact it's supposedly going to kill me - Keanu Reeves has always struck me as quite a decent bloke and like me, is into bands, guitars and motorcycles. (Dogstar seriously sucked though).

Yeah, I know, it's not real...but it is highly immersive and very compelling. I'm loving this more than Days Gone...which er, involved a misfit, lone, bounty hunting biker in a dystopian setting.  

Few observations so far. Best immediate major purchases was the subdermal armour and then the reinforced tendons enabling double jump...essential. Legendary Gorilla arms can be purchased from a ripperdoc in Heywood, useful for 'Beat on the Brat' and tearing doors open, but it isn't possible to have both that upgrade and the projectile launch system. I highly recommend the latter instead, which can then be equipped with tranquilisers for cyberpsycho jobs. You also get a one hit kill if needed - although it stuns, it drops any enemy instantly. You can also get Johnny's leather strides pretty much immediately. I like to casually pick off assaults and organised crime scenes using an upgraded smart sniper rifle from vantage points or the top of buildings. Cleared out a den full of wraiths in the desert from one rooftop. 

Also, if you didn't get it during the heist, there is a way to reenter the Arasaka building and retrieve Saburo's katana from the rooftop, which when upgraded is ridiculous. Still doing gigs and exploring before advancing in Act 2...couldn't give a **** about 'meeting with Takemura'...that can wait a month or two. 

Most ridiculous side quests so far? - the Zen Master, or retrieving and subsequently counselling rogue Delamain cabs. 

Edited by Line-X

34 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

@Line-X btw you can enter photo mode by pressing both analogue sticks, makes it easier to get shots. 

Cheers for that, couldn't get it to work whilst doing doughnuts. Can't work out whether actually managing to photograph the screen with my phone whilst simultaneously pulling a rolling burnout was either very sad, my greatest achievement so far in the game - or both.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Must say, I'm really enjoying this game. Although I'm on Act 2, (it was necessary to progress to open up the entire world), I enjoy exploring open world games and taking my time savouring the nuances and details, sub plots and leaving the main story for as long as I can, particularly when it's so comparatively short and there's so much to do elsewhere. Like Fallout 4, there's so much humour and references in there, much of it hidden. 

A few observations. Since I don't have a corporate cell in my body, that immediately ruled that life choice out. Can't stand any suggestion of gang/street culture either and since I've been somewhat of a misfit and having a wanderlust all my life - nomad (on a bike) was a no brainer...and natural choice as a merc and dystopian bounty hunter lol. I'm actually quite resigned to turning into Johnny Silverhand, despite the fact it's supposedly going to kill me - Keanu Reeves has always struck me as quite a decent bloke and like me, is into bands, guitars and motorcycles. (Dogstar seriously sucked though).

Yeah, I know, it's not real...but it is highly immersive and very compelling. I'm loving this more than Days Gone...which er, involved a misfit, lone, bounty hunting biker in a dystopia.  

Few observations so far. Best immediate major purchases was the subdermal armour and then the reinforced tendons enabling double jump...essential. Legendary Gorilla arms can be purchased from a ripperdoc in Heywood, useful for 'Beat on the Brat' and tearing doors open, but it isn't possible to have both that upgrade and the projectile launch system. I highly recommend the latter instead, which can then be equipped with tranquilisers for cyberpsycho jobs. You also get a one hit kill if needed - although it stuns, it drops any enemy instantly. You can also get Johnny's leather strides pretty much immediately. I like to casually pick off assaults and organised crime scenes using an upgraded smart sniper rifle from vantage points or the top of buildings. Cleared out a den full of wraiths in the desert from one rooftop. 

Also, if you didn't get it during the heist, there is a way to reenter the Arasaka building and retrieve Saburo's katana from the rooftop, which when upgraded is ridiculous. Still doing gigs and exploring before advancing in Act 2...couldn't give a **** about 'meeting with Takemura'...that can wait a month or two. 

Most ridiculous side quests so far? - the Zen Master, or retrieving and subsequently counselling rogue Delamain cabs. 

Just a point on the beat on the brat side quests (if you don't mind cheating a bit). Before you start the fight, if you drop a melee weapon, you can equip it during the fight as it will be lying on the floor. Gives you a huge advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Yeah, I know, it's not real...but it is highly immersive and very compelling. I'm loving this more than Days Gone...which er, involved a misfit, lone, bounty hunting biker in a dystopia.  

I prefer the big jump over the double, it gets you higher, giving you more access to new areas and opening up how you beat missions.  I do agree that the early subdermal armour helps, but gorilla arms only help with the fights so much, if you don't invest in body you're still going to have a bad time.  I'm at a point where I've maxed out my main stats so I can afford to dump a bit into body then go back to them.  The game's a bit like Skyrim in that however you play and there'll be some OP exploit to use: I started as a nomad too but wanted to make him a techy-macgyver pacifist type so I've been investing in tech and intelligence, putting most perk points into the crafting and quickhacking trees but I've also invested in most of the engineering tree's tech weapon perks.  Handily the crafting perks make for an infinite supplies loop by crafting items (at reduced cost from perks, sometimes for no cost at all even), breaking them down for more materials than you spent (+ bonus materials, again from perks), then doing it all again.  In this way you can create an infinite supply of any level of crafting material except legendary (at least I haven't found a legendary item with great return on investment, could well be wrong though), but the crafting tree has a perk which lets you turn 6 epic materials into 1 legendary anyway, so once you unlock that you essentially have an infinite supply of any item you have a blueprint for.  For instance if you have the armadillo clothing mod blueprint you can just spam craft it until you spawn enough top tier ones to fill all your armour slots et voila max armour for your current level. 

Being a pacifist it's important to have a weapon which doesn't deal lethal damage, for the guns that just means crafting the best one you can and attaching a pax mod, but once you get to a high enough level in intelligence/quickhacking you can basically turn enemies off at will without killing them anyway.

But that can get boring so I crafted a legendary non-lethal melee weapon which does enough damage to 1 or 2 hko pretty much any enemy so as long as I keep moving (I have it on very hard so even with all the armour it doesn't take long for them to do fatal damage if you get caught) I can run around pratting people with that instead.

phalustaff.thumb.png.3f6672cbbb936e2a2177528478684776.png

Game of the year.

Edited by Carl the Llama

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

BTW Carl have you got the Shion Coyote? 

Liquid speed. 

When I bought the Javelina it was a toss up between the 2, I made a save and tried them both and decided I preferred the Jav for general control/manoeuvrability.  Might make it my next purchase though.

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

When I bought the Javelina it was a toss up between the 2, I made a save and tried them both and decided I preferred the Jav for general control/manoeuvrability.  Might make it my next purchase though.

I think the Coyote is the second fastest car in the game but with the mobility you'd expect from a nomad vehicle. 

It's B A N A N A S. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think the Coyote is the second fastest car in the game but with the mobility you'd expect from a nomad vehicle. 

It's B A N A N A S. 

Oh I know it's fast and it's great if you know where you're driving, but the mini-map's so small and useless I like having the slightly slower Javelina to better respond to sudden turns.

38 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh I know it's fast and it's great if you know where you're driving, but the mini-map's so small and useless I like having the slightly slower Javelina to better respond to sudden turns.

lol that's why I go everywhere on a bike. 

Faster u turns. 

completed this yesterday, just completing the last couple of trophies to get a plat. You need 16 in body to get one trophy, which I wish I new before getting to max level with only 10 in body.

another tip on something I didn't do to get another trophy (sort of a spoiler)

in the search and destroy mission in the motel. SAVE HIM

overall, the game had a lot of potential, but it definitely was not ready for release. There were so many things that just needing smoothing out, and the game crashes were ridiculous. 

Loved Night City, but felt they could of done so much more with it, in terms of NCP interaction and side activities (there is literally no point in the food shops).

Side missions and gigs had a nice variety, and enough of a story behind them to keep you interested.

The game just needed probably a few months more delay to fine tune it, but obviously i still enjoyed it more than enough to nearly platinum the game!

So, played after 100hrs of game time on a PS4pro, this has crashed five times - on average every twenty hours then, which doesn't differ that much to first edition Skyrim or Fallout 4. A few glitches, but again, nothing I haven't encountered before in an open world game. Have to laugh at all the usual online negative hyperbole and hysteria.

So 100 hours in and I haven't even progressed Act 2. Acquired Level 18 Technical ability to unlock the edge runner perk and having won the crafting schematic for the Legendary Ashura sniper rifle, together with the projectile system set to tranquiliser to get out of any tight spots and in particular, subdue the cyberpsychos with the minimum of hassle. Also found the hidden location for all the legendary clothing with the maximum mod slots (boots, pants, face - three, jacket - four). Equip these with 'deadeye' together with the smart Trajectory Analysis optical systems cyberware mod and the legendary Smart Link hands mod and the headshot damage is obscene. Tweak Saburo's katana and you're pretty much invincible. Problem is, this all takes time, levels and money and I've completed/consumed two thirds of the side quests, gigs and assaults to get there. 

Saying that, game sussed - I'll concentrate on the main story when I've finished all the gigs and side quests. 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37298/our-commitment

2nd half of this year for next-gen upgrade. Shows how much they still need to do. 

Kinda wish I took the Ps5 refund when offered if I knew it was going to take this long lol. Was kinda hope for like March maybe but sounds more like it will be September/October. 

Mentioned the other day that this game hasn't been as unstable as purported to be (although I am using a PS4pro which helps) and that the glitches are not too intrusive. That is until Sunday when I experienced as series of increasingly bizarre and disturbing events. First, my bike got stuck and wouldn't move. Then I encountered a group of 6th Street Gang members in a parking lot who I opened fire on and turned out to be indestructible. A headshot on a Tyger Claws gang member resulted in him being catapulted into another block. A random vehicle ran me off the road, the driver tore away laughing like a maniac. Then, a disembodied incoherent voice followed me around for an hour. A naked Valentino blocked my path. Finally I was hurtling into the depths of Westbrook astride the Yaiba Kusanagi - there was a huge cacophony like an explosion, the screen inexplicably went black for about a minute, then for a few seconds, faded into some weird ethereal floating scene above irridescent blue clouds whereupon I reappeared at my previous save point which was a service station in Rancho Coronado. Perhaps the mushrooms on toast that I had for lunch was a bad idea after all.

Genuinely though, aside from the standard and expected glitches mentioned on here, nothing like this has happened in the previous 110 hours of gameplay and this all unfolded within one afternoon. 

Don't click if you don't want to know about possible endings.

So I've finished the game with the full Nomad ending, escaping into the desert with Panam, then I went back and did the let Johnny have the body option.  I don't really have much to say about either other than they both hit a very bittersweet tone.

Then I went back to the rooftop outside Vik's clinic to check out the option which sounded suspiciously like making V commit suicide... and he does.  Then you're left the credits and a very different reel of holotape messages from V's companions, properly emotional stuff which left me feeling absolutely heartbroken, really worth checking out if you missed it.