Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

No one does it like Rockstar studios, now give us a next gen GTA and RDR !!

a next gen vice city would wipe the floor with this

GTA VI is definitely incoming, not sure how it'll pan out with the loss of San Houser and a couple of the other writers (hopefully not entirely focussed on the multiplayer)

Would absolutely love a follow up to Bully, and LA Noire. They were both outstanding in their own right

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

GTA VI is definitely incoming, not sure how it'll pan out with the loss of San Houser and a couple of the other writers (hopefully not entirely focussed on the multiplayer)

Would absolutely love a follow up to Bully, and LA Noire. They were both outstanding in their own right

I think one of the founders left as well right, so not sure what to expect..

I think the best route would be to make a completely new game but somehow intertwine it with the current GTAV story that goes back to 80's vice city ... once complete all the maps open up so they can continue the online modes and keep the GTA V map with the new map. something like that would be epic

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think one of the founders left as well right, so not sure what to expect..

I think the best route would be to make a completely new game but somehow intertwine it with the current GTAV story that goes back to 80's vice city ... once complete all the maps open up so they can continue the online modes and keep the GTA V map with the new map. something like that would be epic

That was Dan, he was one of the main writers on pretty much every GTA as well

I don't know about that, the GTA V map is very stale by this point and too sparse. SA was much better and more varied imo, and with the three cities and small towns in between you always felt like heading out of town wasn't an aimless affair plus the feel of the cities was so different from each other - I'd rather they take more inspiration from that or start again either somewhere new or use a Vice City setting and expand it. Also think it would be cool if they set it in modern day but use expansion packs to set the same area in different eras, so the landscape would be roughly the same but you'd have different vehicles, buildings etc

Also don't know how they could really use the GTA V backstory without it being a bit predictable, although it'd be fun to play a few missions as young Michael and maybe see Trevor before he lost the plot

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

They should have released when fully PS5 ready and downscale the game from there to run on older systems.  Not the other way round.

Now they've upset a large number of console owners in an attempt to bring in a load of sales rather than cater correctly across all platforms.  

Apart from PC, and an expensive rig, who's happy?

@The People's Hero I neglected to go into further detail the other day but to give you an idea of what you can expect from a 2060 running DLSS raytracing I've done a few comparison shots.  I'm by no means an expert but as I understand it the process works by generating the images at a lower resolution than the one you're playing in and scaling up, different levels of DLSS will change how low res the base image goes.  For a base 1080p system this means your highest possible setting in DLSS will be generating a 720p image if I understand correctly, that makes quite a difference in terms of the texture resolutions.  I would imagine claims of DLSS upping performance at no visual cost are coming from more powerful units running at a higher target resolution where the base image is far better defined.  For the pictures I've used 2 settings:  All max with RT and DLSS off, then all max with RT and DLSS on.

20201214194009_1.thumb.jpg.0d9a639173c546a15e6a45947690aae4.jpg20201214194032_1.thumb.jpg.b2d437fac841637f9bfa97b80ec92a0c.jpg

20201214194218_1.thumb.jpg.ae7f7cfa9b3d3d594d53d233631ab7c2.jpg20201214194207_1.thumb.jpg.9ccadce40cb1d4a4c5d2427088182080.jpg

tbc... (couple more pics but file size limit)...

• Like 1

20201214194435_1.thumb.jpg.5ff0303878af9629a2da361dbb2514d7.jpg20201214194444_1.thumb.jpg.39ce45b80fbef50737a033a641dc8b1c.jpg

20201214195531_1.thumb.jpg.47d0229164a2bb1cb826c31e34b31899.jpg20201214195546_1.thumb.jpg.1d68ba8a81792a658b77a31471e7cbda.jpg

As you can see from the images the non RT shots have better defined textures in general but the RT ones have a more natural, softer feel to the lighting.  You also get far better reflections with RT, when I find a better spot to demonstrate this I'll show you what I mean, but for instance there's one fight which took place in a flooded alleyway where the neon signs reflected from the buildings surrounding you added an extra layer of aesthetics to the fight which would have been missing entirely without it.  Ultimately it's a toss up between better defined gameworld + fps in the 60s-80s vs immersive lighting + washed out textures + fps in the 30s-40s with some dips into the 20s (I've had one are cause the frame rate to bottom out into single digits but I'd already passed through it previously with no ill effect and resetting fixed it so it was probably a memory issue).

This is excellent. Many thanks for the effort. I did think RT was a bit of a gimmick but I've seen a few examples of its use where it really does add something.

How are you generally now finding the game? I'm talking mainly about two things here:

1) Stability. Minor bugs I don't mind, but broken quests? Crashes? Nah.

2) Gameplay. Is it engaging and interesting and most importantly fun? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They should have released when fully PS5 ready and downscale the game from there to run on older systems.  Not the other way round.

Now they've upset a large number of console owners in an attempt to bring in a load of sales rather than cater correctly across all platforms.  

Me

Appreciate base PS4's are having problems. Had incredibly minor problems on PS5. Appreciate I am in the minority though. 

20 hours of gameplay thus far

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

It's certainly not a justification, as it's wrong they've taken people's money, but is it really a shock that high-tech game runs badly on 7 year old tech which was, to put it kindly, already dated upon release?

Firstly, it's completely wrong of CDPR to not show ANYTHING on PS4/XB1 which is utterly shameful as they must have known it ran like a dog on those platforms and said nothing. However, if you saw the trailers and gameplay footage and expected that on a last-gen console, you were deluding yourself. To re-iterate an earlier post, this is further example for why you should never pre-order games.  Now that there are digital downloads and no rush for day release being delivered by Postman Pat, it's just so stupid that people will pay upwards of £50 (£70 for next-gen games) for something not reviewed with unknown performance.  Also, the last delay was given to "optimise release on multiple platforms"...that went well didn't it.

It's things like this which irk me that Sony back pedalled on having a generational cut.  I get that it's a commercial decision, but ultimately it devalues next-gen hardware. 

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through the game now on ps5 I think and the amount of times it's crashing now is getting beyond ridiculous, I literally can't play for any longer than 30 minutes without the game completely crashing

Also had a game breaking bug where an NPC got stuck in a door way I was unable to enter making me unable to interact with them to progress the mission, loaded up the last save which was 20 minutes back, got to the same place and it just happened again. Tried this three times before I gave up

I don't know whether to just stop at this point and wait for them to fix it

19 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I mean the majority of sales are on PC, over 50%, and the PC version is pretty great excluding bugs. The main audience has been catered for...

• Like 1

All the gallant Twitter neckbeard virgin-knights out in full force defending the game and criticizing IGN (or any journos) for seemingly doing their job and reviewing the game as it is on current-gen consoles.

"bUt iTs gReAt oN mY 50 tErAbYte gRaPhIcS CaRd wItH nAsA pRoCeSsOr - wHaT dId YoU ExPeCt!?" 

You what? The game is by all accounts barely playable on the platforms for which it was marketed. This is a very simple concept. A faulty product was knowingly mis-sold to vast amounts of consumers, and those consumers are now understandably upset.

Releasing unfinished or unsuitable products to the public wouldn't be acceptable in pretty much any other industry, yet when it comes to video games it's now become the norm. 

This is precisely why I never pre-order. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

All the gallant Twitter neckbeard virgin-knights out in full force defending the game and criticizing IGN (or any journos) for seemingly doing their job and reviewing the game as it is on current-gen consoles.

"bUt iTs gReAt oN mY 50 tErAbYte gRaPhIcS CaRd wItH nAsA pRoCeSsOr - wHaT dId YoU ExPeCt!?" 

You what? The game is by all accounts barely playable on the platforms for which it was marketed. This is a very simple concept. A faulty product was knowingly mis-sold to vast amounts of consumers, and those consumers are now understandably upset.

Releasing unfinished or unsuitable products to the public wouldn't be acceptable in pretty much any other industry, yet when it comes to video games it's now become the norm. 

I was about to respond something glib but @z-layrex has me covered. 

All jokes aside, I do think it's pretty shitty that it's been released on XBOX One and PS4 when they clearly haven't been able to downscale the game sufficiently for those machines to really meet it's minimum specs. I'm glad they haven't nerfed the entire game meaning we do get just another bullshit console port on PC, mind.

Oh and you really don't need a supercomputer to play it on PC, any moderately up to date gaming rig from the last couple of years is going to be fine. It really is just the "last gen" consoles that are a problem. 

Edit: Also, there's a massive irony in being a whiny little bitch about tech-savvy, PC Master Race nerds while at the same time being salty because you can't play Cyberpunk, a game basically conceptualised almost entirely for tech-savvy, PC Master Race nerds.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I was about to respond something glib but @z-layrex has me covered. 

All jokes aside, I do think it's pretty shitty that it's been released on XBOX One and PS4 when they clearly haven't been able to downscale the game sufficiently for those machines to really meet it's minimum specs. I'm glad they haven't nerfed the entire game meaning we do get just another bullshit console port on PC, mind.

Oh and you really don't need a supercomputer to play it on PC, any moderately up to date gaming rig from the last couple of years is going to be fine. It really is just the "last gen" consoles that are a problem. 

Yeah, man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't get this weird toxic platform tribalism that's popped up online over the years and this seems to be a big part of the Cyberpunk debate. I've had gaming PCs, I've had consoles. I couldn't care less.

What does get my back up is multinational companies taking the piss. Microtransactions. Loot boxes. Releasing fvcking garbage products and then apologising afterwards as if it just slipped out like an unexpected shart.

And these keyboard warriors online will do anything to defend them. These strange self-appointed armies of brand representatives. These companies don't give a shit about you...

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting on a bit.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't get this weird toxic platform tribalism that's popped up online over the years and this seems to be a big part of the Cyberpunk debate. I've had gaming PCs, I've had consoles. I couldn't care less.

What does get my back up is multinational companies taking the piss. Microtransactions. Loot boxes. Releasing fvcking garbage products and then apologising afterwards as if it just slipped out like an unexpected shart.

And these keyboard warriors online will do anything to defend them. These strange self-appointed armies of brand representatives. These companies don't give a shit about you...

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting on a bit.

It's not that you're getting on, I just think you're probably a bit out of the loop. I'd agree with about 90% of that, it's just that it doesn't apply in this instance.

CD Projekt isn't some massive multi-national, it's an independent studio that publishes its own work, doesn't use microtransactions or lootboxes and does genuinely care about providing value to it's player base. Until Cyberpunk, they'd only ever produced one series and that's the Witcher games, with a grand total of three major releases as well as a board game and a couple of spin-off digital card games. For the Witcher 3, which was already absolutely huge, they put 16 pieces of free DLC post-launch and they actively campaign to make practices like this industry standard, with Larian Studios being just about the only other developer I can think of that actually puts out this much free additional content to reward existing players.

They have about 1/10th the employees that EA or Activision do, their finances are open to the public and they even put out their own distribution platform to rival Steam that's devoid of any DRM at all.

They're obviously a for-profit organisation and I don't doubt they've got execs that are dickheads just like every other for-profit business on the planet but painting them as evil, soulsucking cash-vampires is a bit OTT. 

I'm pretty much the last person on here to be any kind of corporate shill and, like you, I'm far too old to be - as the kids say - "simping" for any company. I agree with you, brand tribalism in gaming is a ****ing weird obsession I just don't get. So I can't say I'm defending CDP out of allegiance but just because I don't think the particular criticism you're throwing is fair.

I would say that if they don't have a very clear roadmap to make the game playable on 'lastgen' consoles ASAP then they should be refunding and pulling it from those market places but I also accept they're in an absolutely impossible situation. I don't think it's one they got in to maliciously looking to trick anyone, I just think the whole project suffered absolutely massive scope creep. This is a game that was supposed to come out like two or three years ago and the longer it went in development, the better technology got, the better a game they realised they could make and creep, creep, creep went the project. And next thing they know, they've produced a game that's just too ****ing big for two of the three devices it was originally supposed to function on and way too big a project to ever meet their deadlines. Hence, even now, it's not actually finished. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that the last major delay pushed the launch back til after the new consoles were out. They needed to soften the blow given console games, just like PC games, had been waiting excitedly for this for YEARS. 

There should have been more transparency before launch, for sure, but I do think they were in a bit of an impossible situation and have just been in panic mode trying to salvage the game and their reputation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The second, more persistent issue, is that the game seems to be lacking meshes for a series of pistols called Lexington which also includes "Dying Night", the first iconic weapon you come across. It means that all but the magazine are invisible, so if you try and use these guns you look like you're just holding a clip in your hand and shooting with your trigger finger. It makes aiming ridiculous and kills immersion. It's possible that if I verify the integrity of the game files through steam it might fix it but eh.

I actually did just verify the game files through the steam interface, took about ten minutes to redownload a lot of files. 

Lexingtons now show up in the game including the Dying Light, so that looks to be resolved.

4 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through the game now on ps5 I think and the amount of times it's crashing now is getting beyond ridiculous, I literally can't play for any longer than 30 minutes without the game completely crashing

Also had a game breaking bug where an NPC got stuck in a door way I was unable to enter making me unable to interact with them to progress the mission, loaded up the last save which was 20 minutes back, got to the same place and it just happened again. Tried this three times before I gave up

I don't know whether to just stop at this point and wait for them to fix it

I'm similar only its happening about once every hour maybe. I save a lot so it doesnt affect me too badly. I always got used to saving a shit load from playing Witcher, Skyrim etc. The bugs are pretty annoying though. 

I'm enjoying it for what it is but the AI is SO dumb. I'm playing it on hard but it is not even a little bit difficult really. Most of the AI just stands there whilst you shoot them. Sometimes they run right up to your face and then you shoot them and they dont do anything. Kinda disappointed how boring the actual city is. I was kinda expecting it to be a bit like Yakuza or GTA where you can go and do random mini games and stuff. When in reality there is nothing to do other then the missions. Missions are fun enough and i'm playing it but to me this is a solid 8/10 game. Similar to Fallout. 

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I'm similar only its happening about once every hour maybe. I save a lot so it doesnt affect me too badly. I always got used to saving a shit load from playing Witcher, Skyrim etc. The bugs are pretty annoying though. 

I'm enjoying it for what it is but the AI is SO dumb. I'm playing it on hard but it is not even a little bit difficult really. Most of the AI just stands there whilst you shoot them. Sometimes they run right up to your face and then you shoot them and they dont do anything. Kinda disappointed how boring the actual city is. I was kinda expecting it to be a bit like Yakuza or GTA where you can go and do random mini games and stuff. When in reality there is nothing to do other then the missions. Missions are fun enough and i'm playing it but to me this is a solid 8/10 game. Similar to Fallout. 

The difficulty is a really weird one.  I can't tell which conflicts are going to be easy or challenging.  There are some where, even on very hard, it's like fish in a barrel and others where I run out of ammo as I can't dent people.  I guess if I pay more attention to the difficulty stated in the journal it will help, but when you're just going with the flow it can be a bit annoying.  At least in Witcher 3 there was the skull above the heads of high level enemies giving an hint to not bother yet.

Also, not had one CTD.  The inconsistency of these things is what is quite annoying.

Edited by Zear0

20 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

This is excellent. Many thanks for the effort. I did think RT was a bit of a gimmick but I've seen a few examples of its use where it really does add something.

How are you generally now finding the game? I'm talking mainly about two things here:

1) Stability. Minor bugs I don't mind, but broken quests? Crashes? Nah.

2) Gameplay. Is it engaging and interesting and most importantly fun? 

1) Stability is absolutely fine, nothing out of the ordinary for a new launch.  Don't let the consoles falling victim to their limitations put you off.

2) The lack of side activities is a weird one, I'd taken it for granted there'd be a few minigames but so far I'm seeing no signs of any.  Shame, I was well up for a shady poker game in a neon-lit side alley or something.  Difficulty's a weird one too, it started off super tricky for me but maybe I was just severely out of practice in FPS style games because after a few level ups and getting used to the mechanics I've had to up it to very hard to restore a sense of challenge.  It might just be that I'm overlevelled for the area I'm in and I'll be in for a world of pain when I advance the story though so, yaknow..  In any case the core gameplay itself is fun, absolutely it is, with all the mechanics involved it's like playing a hybrid of Watchdogs, Far Cry, Fallout, and Borderlands.  And in the moments you aren't hacking or shooting someone you'll be scraping your jaw off the floor every time you turn a corner and get hit with a new vista.

• Like 2

I've got it on PS5. I had it pre-ordered on Steam but my rig couldn't get past medium graphics and it looked nicer on PS5 so I refunded the PC version.

I've absolutely loved it. The story is so engrossing, the animation and voice acting are astonishingly good. I think the gameplay is fun as well, there's an enormous amount of variety in how you can approach things.

I do sort of agree there could be more going on in terms of side activities. Definitely a long way behind RDR and GTA in this regard.

I suspect if you're not motivated by artistic beauty of it, both in terms of narrative and visuals, you won't love it as much as me.

Do not buy this on a last-gen console. Ideally it clearly needs to be played on a high spec gaming PC to be fully appreciated, though I've loved it on PS5.

• Like 1