Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

I’m usually very picky with games and I must say I am absolutely loving this game! 

I downloaded the free trial last week for ps5 and I really enjoyed it, so I bought it and haven’t put it down since. 

For any doubters because of the launch reviews, just give the 5 hour trial a try. It’s genuinely great! 

* also I haven’t noticed any bugs yet , yet I had loads on days gone and that game was genuinely made very poor but nobody ever mentioned it 🤔

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this on series X after a failed PS4 venture. 

It's beautiful. The city and locations of the main story are truly beautiful. 

I'm enjoying it so far but beginning to question the depth of the game itself. It promised revolutionary gameplay which I've not really seen any of yet. The Brain Dance sequences are quite fun, however. 

Out of curiosity, thought I'd take a look at the 1.5 patch only to find that they've butchered my character. If like me your strategy was a crit-focused build of V, well the days of being the unstoppable god of critical hits are done. For some reason, they've butchered that together with critical chance and it said **** all about it in the updates. 

You used to be able to stack the Bully and Deadeye legendary clothing mods, both of which have a massive effect on V's crits. In typical Cyberpunk 2077 fashion, these didn't actually work until the 1.2 update. After that, Bully increased critical damage by 30%, and Deadeye increased critical damage by 20% and crit chance by 7%. Prior to patch 1.5 you could pile multiple versions of these mods up by stuffing them into V's various clothing slots, and all those devastating crit modifiers multiplied. This was a gamechanger - massive. The end result was potentially a 100% chance of a crit and an utterly ridiculous amount of crit damage. Combine that with shrewdly crafted and augmented legendary weapons and you could take out an entire bunch of Tiger Claws with one shot through a concrete wall. You could maraud around Night City and one shot anyone for shits and giggles. Following the update, these mods can only be slotted into specific categories of apparel. Deadeye will only slot into eyewear, for example, meaning it can no longer be stacked with duplicate mods in other pieces of clothing. Legendary mods also now require legendary clothing, or else they can't be equipped at all. The weapons have taken a hammering too. I don't want to have to repeatedly shoot a Valentino lacky or some Maelstrom goon five or six times before I put them on their ass. 

It's also critical chance. Adding a point to V's reflexes automatically came with a 1% increase. That has been lowered to .25% per reflex point. Levelling up the Cold Blood perk - (all of which you are forced to do again) - formerly conferred a 10% increase to crit chance with each level - that's now been shaved down to a paltry 1% per level. Even V's default critical damage at level one has been cut in half, from 100 to 50. It's like CDPR has declared a war on critical everything. 

Pissed about this, because it's emasculated the character which was built over hours of gameplay and millions of Eddies to the extent that its a fraction as powerful as its former self. Since it doesn't give the opportunity to reassign attribute points only perks, the only option is to start a new game and engineer a different build. **** that.

Very, very pissed with this. Oh well, first world...or rather, open world problems. What a stupid, stupid decision. 

Edited by Line-X

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the new Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime on Netflix and I have to say I really enjoyed it, got through all 10 episodes in 1 day

The new 1.6 update for the game added some stuff in to tie into the anime as well

Like a lot of other people it has got me back into Cyberpunk, after messing around on my old save I have decided to go for a new save

Thinking of going Corpo this time

• 11 months later...

Not sure if people heard of this game...

Either way, their 2.0 update about to drop making many QOL improvements.  For those who never finished it (me), might be a good time to drop back in as the general concensus is it's now brilliant compared to the shambles that released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Either way, their 2.0 update about to drop making many QOL improvements.  For those who never finished it (me), might be a good time to drop back in as the general concensus is it's now brilliant compared to the shambles that released.

I played it through when it first came out and thankfully didn't have too many problems and really enjoyed it

Will be re-adding it to my "to play" list once the update and the expansion are out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I we absolutely pumped for Cyberpunk, but after the shitshow launch, I never bothered thinking I’d pick it up once it was patched to completion.

Didn’t think it would take 3 years for them to finally get it to where it should’ve been, but better late than never.

I’ll definitely get this now after I’ve finished Starfield.

• Like 1