Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

8 hours ago, Zear0 said:

It's certainly not a justification, as it's wrong they've taken people's money, but is it really a shock that high-tech game runs badly on 7 year old tech which was, to put it kindly, already dated upon release?

Firstly, it's completely wrong of CDPR to not show ANYTHING on PS4/XB1 which is utterly shameful as they must have known it ran like a dog on those platforms and said nothing. However, if you saw the trailers and gameplay footage and expected that on a last-gen console, you were deluding yourself. To re-iterate an earlier post, this is further example for why you should never pre-order games.  Now that there are digital downloads and no rush for day release being delivered by Postman Pat, it's just so stupid that people will pay upwards of £50 (£70 for next-gen games) for something not reviewed with unknown performance.  Also, the last delay was given to "optimise release on multiple platforms"...that went well didn't it.

It's things like this which irk me that Sony back pedalled on having a generational cut.  I get that it's a commercial decision, but ultimately it devalues next-gen hardware. 

In terms of fidelity look at what the last of us 2 looks like and in terms of scope look how red dead 2 looks and runs, that games pretty old now, if it's possible to make games look and run like that on the hardware then it's possible to make cyberpunk run well and look good on the hardware. Cdpr have just failed miserably and the need to get the game out for Christmas across all platforms is the reason for that. They've dropped the ball big time. 

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

In terms of fidelity look at what the last of us 2 looks like and in terms of scope look how red dead 2 looks and runs, that games pretty old now, if it's possible to make games look and run like that on the hardware then it's possible to make cyberpunk run well and look good on the hardware. Cdpr have just failed miserably and the need to get the game out for Christmas across all platforms is the reason for that. They've dropped the ball big time. 

I'm not defending what they did, think everyone here is in general agreement that they're somewhere between misrepresentative to pure fraud.

With regards to the examples you gave, I will stand by that this game is a significant technical step up on both of those.  TLOU2 had a tokenistic bit of open world at the start but is essentially a tunnel runner, albeit a very nice looking one.   I will give you that RDR2 was an outrageous technical achievement to play as it did on those platforms, but the performance hit in Saint Denis show how built up areas are where hardware flags.  The density of night city and the volume of NPCs and lighting is multiples of anything you see in RDR2.

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I'm not defending what they did, think everyone here is in general agreement that they're somewhere between misrepresentative to pure fraud.

With regards to the examples you gave, I will stand by that this game is a significant technical step up on both of those.  TLOU2 had a tokenistic bit of open world at the start but is essentially a tunnel runner, albeit a very nice looking one.   I will give you that RDR2 was an outrageous technical achievement to play as it did on those platforms, but the performance hit in Saint Denis show how built up areas are where hardware flags.  The density of night city and the volume of NPCs and lighting is multiples of anything you see in RDR2.

Agree it is a step up technically but it's been years since that game came out, if R* released that game today I'd bet the performance issues they had and the fidelity would both be much better than they were at release. Cdpr should have been able to get a low settings pc version run on the tech and they haven't. The creep point on the previous page is definitely a lot to do with it. I think given everything since release the best thing they could have done is have full transparency. Delay the game on ps4/xone and release on the rest, show how the game was running, explain their reach outweighed their grasp and they'd be aiming to get the game out next year if at all. Wouldn't have been ideal but would have been better than this. 

One part of the game I DO hate that's not a bug, that's not missing or unfinished, isn't performance related and is almost certainly working as intended - stealth.

There's a toggle stealth key but so much shit just randomly pulls you out of it, clipping too close to a wall that the game thinks you want to lean up against is a big one. You also can't re-map the keybindings for dodge, meaning that you're stuck with it being double-tap on a movement key. The problem with this is that stealthing is all about gradual, small movements so tapping directional keys a few times consecutively is normal. But when you do, you go darting out of stealth and stand bolt upright in full view of whoever you're hiding from doing jazz hands.

It's awful. Feels absolutely terrible. When you think that Dishonoured and Deus Ex basically mapped this out and they didn't really have to do any brainwork, it's baffling that they've somehow borked it.

So many of the stealth missions in the game I've had to do by spamming quick save throughout because it's way too easy to just randomly bungle something.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One part of the game I DO hate that's not a bug, that's not missing or unfinished, isn't performance related and is almost certainly working as intended - stealth.

There's a toggle stealth key but so much shit just randomly pulls you out of it, clipping too close to a wall that the game thinks you want to lean up against is a big one. You also can't re-map the keybindings for dodge, meaning that you're stuck with it being double-tap on a movement key. The problem with this is that stealthing is all about gradual, small movements so tapping directional keys a few times consecutively is normal. But when you do, you go darting out of stealth and stand bolt upright in full view of whoever you're hiding from doing jazz hands.

It's awful. Feels absolutely terrible. When you think that Dishonoured and Deus Ex basically mapped this out and they didn't really have to do any brainwork, it's baffling that they've somehow borked it.

So many of the stealth missions in the game I've had to do by spamming quick save throughout because it's way too easy to just randomly bungle something.

I think this and the driving both benefit hugely from being played with a controller if you have one.  There's more degrees of movement and dodging requires a double tap on the crouch button.  I've actually stopped using my keyboard for the most part for this very reason.

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think this and the driving both benefit hugely from being played with a controller if you have one.  There's more degrees of movement and dodging requires a double tap on the crouch button.  I've actually stopped using my keyboard for the most part for this very reason.

ew

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ew

As much as I like the advantage of mouse and keyboard nothing beats the comfort of sitting back on a sofa with a controller in your hand. Sitting a desk on the computer feels too much like being at work for me lol

4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

As much as I like the advantage of mouse and keyboard nothing beats the comfort of sitting back on a sofa with a controller in your hand. Sitting a desk on the computer feels too much like being at work for me lol

I'm sat back on the sofa, mouse in hand, keyboard on lap. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Is it just the previous gen consoles this doesn’t run properly on, has anyone got it on ps5 that would recommend it?

Plays fine on the ps5 bar crashes that happen once every 1-2 hours of playing. It's running off the ps4 pro copy so it runs very smooth but the graphics could be better and the density is VERY low. There's basically zero traffic when your driving. If you can wait I'd wait. I think the replayability of this game has been a bit over blown with you doing the majority of the same stuff mostly. So for the average gamer they're likely only going to play it once through and if that's the case you may as well experience it properly. I'm about 25 hours in and have done A LOT of side missions but might put it down and wait for the new gen version now as can't see myself wanting to replay it in 6 months time if I complete it now 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Is the police AI as bad as everyone on Reddit is saying? 

Like they just spawn behind you wherever you are when you commit a crime?

Thought this was pretty funny.

Yeah it is quite bad, you can be in a shootout with the random gangs you come across then you end up with a police warrant and they just start popping up out of nowhere, accidentally shoot one of them and then more appear out of nowhere and you just get nailed

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

How anyone is riding / driving anything other than the Arch is beyond me. 

I am quite used to the braking/drifting with the car I drive mainly, The Caliburn

If I use a bike at any time I do use the Arch

Just quite fun going on the highways and being able to get past 200mph

25 hours in on PS4 pro and it has hung twice - both in precisely the same region of Watson. Otherwise, no significant glitches or bugs but constantly quick saving nonetheless. The gigs and side missions are compulsive and allow me to gain vital skills, perks and Eurodollars to upgrade my character, purchase weaponry and install cyberware before addressing aspects of the main story. Hacking access points with breach protocol is also highly lucrative. (Also, did you know that after completing Act 1, there is a ripperdoc in Watson that can be bribed to obtain 20% discount?). 

I can happily spend months incrementally doing this and the open world has so much to explore and discover savoring the vistas in the process. Parts of Night city invoke the seedier sides of American cities that I've ventured into and even London - very immersive. Never understand people that buy these games and rush through them. Got 4 years out of Skyrim and Fallout IV.