Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

16 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

Those saying it is great now are making huge concessions. It has potential, but the AI is completely unfinished, the open world is not a patch on GTA; cars, pedestrians, police all perform without a brain. And combat sections are pathetic, the AI just stands still and doesn’t even chase you around a corner for example. 

I started playing is on my series X, and i want to like it and enjoy it, but the experience is so unimersive due to the bugs and poor AI. 

im parking it until it has been fully patched and runs as it should. This game should have never been released, it’s in its alpha test state at best. 

No mate, we are playing it on PC. The PC version and console versions are not the same game.

20 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

No mate, we are playing it on PC. The PC version and console versions are not the same game.

Don't think it makes much of a difference to the actual game itself. Even without the unnecessary bugs and nonsense it's still nowhere close to as good as people were expecting, or as good as some are making out. 

People were pretty much expecting game of the decade, this isn't even game of the year. 

Don't get me wrong, it's okay, probably even better than okay, but that's it. It's pretty much an open world rpg where the open world is much of the same muchness and the rpg elements feel a bit pointless. 

14 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Except the graphics, they are though. I've got 15 hours in it: the story is good (it really hooked me), the voice acting on point, the city beautiful, but the critics are valid. The AI is brain-dead, you have almost no interactions with the NPCs in the city, the combat is very underwhelming even if the weapons pack a punch, the driving atrocious. It's a far cry from a GTA open world for example, the last ACs or even the TW3 and all of them came out years ago.

I got minor bugs and glitches where I had to reload a save, nothing game breaking. You'll still notice that there were content cuts, the side quests almost always imply go there and kill them all, and for me it's clear that the game needed one more year before release. Can't speak about the optimization/performance since my new PC is very potent (Ryzen 5600X, RTX 3080 and 32 GB, game is on a SSD M2) and simply brute forces everything at 1440p. In its current state, it's no GOTY material by any stretch, let alone the gaming revolution it was meant to be.

Still enjoying it though.

Edited by That_Dude

Any PC gamers able to help me out here. I don't know much about what hardware is good/bad - my machine has the compeonent listed below do you think I'd need something more powerful to play this with decent FPS?

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU: GTX 1660

RAM: 16GB

6 hours ago, z-layrex said:

The AI will remain the same. And that’s my biggest gripe. If you think the AI is a good experience then good enough for you. But for me it ruins it and the immersion of this fantastic futuristic cityscape is false. 

23 minutes ago, Magictv said:

Any PC gamers able to help me out here. I don't know much about what hardware is good/bad - my machine has the compeonent listed below do you think I'd need something more powerful to play this with decent FPS?

will work fine I have a worse setup and its smooth as butter shame I can't get the save games to load >!!

21 minutes ago, Magictv said:

That should be more than enough to get a smooth framerate with high settings in 1080p and DLSS on.  Dunno about higher res though.

17 minutes ago, Magictv said:

Thanks guys - glad to hear it as it's not long since I built it and I didn't want to have to upgrade already!

I've pretty much exlusively played apex legends/cod with it it so thought cyberpunk might be a bit more demanding.

It will be but you've got the specs to play any new game.  It's only a 'bad' setup if rays are important to you but I'm guessing they aren't or you wouldn't have recently bought a gtx card.

26 minutes ago, Magictv said:

Thanks guys - glad to hear it as it's not long since I built it and I didn't want to have to upgrade already!

I've pretty much exlusively played apex legends/cod with it it so thought cyberpunk might be a bit more demanding.

If you buy through Steam, you get a no-quibble refund if your play time is less than 2 hours and within 2 weeks of purchase. Handy if you want to see if things work or not. 

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It will be but you've got the specs to play any new game.  It's only a 'bad' setup if rays are important to you but I'm guessing they aren't or you wouldn't have recently bought a gtx card.

Thanks - I've got very little knowledge just went off some online reviews of good value for money at my price point! Maybe I'll look into a ray tracing card sometime in the future! :)

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

If you buy through Steam, you get a no-quibble refund if your play time is less than 2 hours and within 2 weeks of purchase. Handy if you want to see if things work or not. 

Brill cheers

So after around 50 hours in my streetkid playthrough I have just now finished the main story (which I enjoyed very much!), along with completing the main side quest storylines

Encountered a few bugs here and there on the PS5 (including 1 which I thought would stop my playthrough until I found a fix) but overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the game so far, will still be playing it for at least another 10-20+ hours I imagine to get the alternate endings, mop up all the other side quests and pick up all the other trophies for the platinum

Will no doubt come back to it when they drop more big updates and will eventually start nomad and corpo playthroughs as well to see the different options you get to experience with them

Personally for me it has been an 8/10 game so far, kept coming back to it and couldn't put it down 

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

will work fine I have a worse setup and its smooth as butter shame I can't get the save games to load >!!

What does it say when you try to load a save? Apparently there are issues with save files that get bigger than 8mbs. Pretty ridiculous issue to have in 2020 but here we are.

Update:

Can't progress in the game due to a game breaking bug in the "Playing for time" mission. 

WARNING SPOILERS:

The Maelstrom bikers just disappear and I'm facing ghost motorcycles with no way to destroy them until they ram and flat-line, no matter how much I shoot at them.

I reloaded many saves countless times to no avail. That's +20 hours down the drain since I took my time and finished a couple of side missions before progressing in the main quest. This game is utterly unpolished, the more I play it, the more flaws, glitches and bugs appear. It's absolutely mind-boggling that they released it in such a state.

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

What does it say when you try to load a save? Apparently there are issues with save files that get bigger than 8mbs. Pretty ridiculous issue to have in 2020 but here we are.

just goes to a black screen with audio in the background, save files are under 1mb so its not that although I have heard of that issue

Another hotfix update, they may have bottled it with the release, but I have to give it to them that they are actually trying to fix a lot of stuff quickly

2 of the fixes actually helpful for me (well only 1 now as I got around the Dum Dum issue)

Quests

Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Edited by moore_94

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Another hotfix update, they may have bottled it with the release, but I have to give it to them that they are actually trying to fix a lot of stuff quickly

2 of the fixes actually helpful for me (well only 1 now as I got around the Dum Dum issue)

Quests

Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

16GB for like 3 fixes on console...:dunno:

^^^ a e s t h e t i c

I've had a change of heart on the bikes vs cars debate.  Cars are more fun in general.  The Javelina is my current best girl, not the highest top speed (189 though so not far off) but it has a great engine sound, tears up any terrain and drifts so nicely. 

Also donuts: 

20201224222605_1.thumb.jpg.ad1d4736beaac9ebd24edf0e7cb6dcdf.jpg

You can't do that on any bike I've used.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

^^^ a e s t h e t i c

I've had a change of heart on the bikes vs cars debate.  Cars are more fun in general.  The Javelina is my current best girl, not the highest top speed (189 though so not far off) but it has a great engine sound, tears up any terrain and drifts so nicely. 

Also donuts: 

20201224222605_1.thumb.jpg.ad1d4736beaac9ebd24edf0e7cb6dcdf.jpg

You can't do that on any bike I've used.

Love it too, although I got it a bit late as I started as a Corpo.

Funny, I always hated bikes in any GTA-like games but I found them to be more controllable and more fun than cars in CP. The driving needs serious reworking though. 

On 22/12/2020 at 16:32, Carl the Llama said:

That should be more than enough to get a smooth framerate with high settings in 1080p and DLSS on.  Dunno about higher res though.

I honestly don't think so. The game in its actual state is poorly optimized and very taxing on both CPU and GPU. Even the RAM, the sensors picked a RAM usage of 19 GB with only Cyberpunk active. It also doesn't play well with undervolting at all, hard crashing at the first sign of instability, which forces me to play with my 3080 in the stock configuration.

Even at 1080p, it will be more like medium settings, obviously no RT and DLSS on max performance.

24 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I honestly don't think so. The game in its actual state is poorly optimized and very taxing on both CPU and GPU. Even the RAM, the sensors picked a RAM usage of 19 GB with only Cyberpunk active. It also doesn't play well with undervolting at all, hard crashing at the first sign of instability, which forces me to play with my 3080 in the stock configuration.

Even at 1080p, it will be more like medium settings, obviously no RT and DLSS on max performance.

I only have 16gb RAM and a 2060s and I'm not getting any stability issues, I've been flicking between 1080p high RT off DLSS off (60-80fps), and 1080p high RT on DLSS quality or balanced (20-40/30-50fps). I figure a 1660 isn't that far behind a 2060s in terms of non-RT graphical output so based on what I've been able to achieve, high settings with DLSS on balanced/performance isn't too unreasonable, no?  Disclaimer: FPS figures are from eyeballing the counter occasionally, no scientific method was used.

Edit: Oh and for further info: I have FOV set to 100 and all the other 'basic' settings (the post-processing stuff) turned off, screw blur or grain or whatever.  FOV has a decent impact on FPS so that gives you another avenue to gain frames on a weaker card.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1