Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

Hit my first real bug on PS5, only real side mission I have left to do before I go into an ending point of the game

Side mission called Second Conflict, I have to talk to a guy called Dum Dum (same guy from the very early prologue mission where you get the robot) and he just isn't there so I can't progress any further in the mission

Looking online and it seems to be an issue from the new hotfix, so now I can't really progress any further until the next hotfix, or unless I decide to finish the main story

44 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I have a computer turning up today which could run this. Guess I have a decision to make. Tempted to wait until its 100% sorted and in best order.

Nah just get on it, it's great now and we get to watch it get better and better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Nah just get on it, it's great now and we get to watch it get better and better.

I do need something to test what the system is capable of so... deal!

I just hope this monitor I've had in the cupboard a few years still works. May need to upgrade....

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I do need something to test what the system is capable of so... deal!

I just hope this monitor I've had in the cupboard a few years still works. May need to upgrade....

You need to get a 144hz monitor, your new PC will be wasted on that. 

23 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

You need to get a 144hz monitor, your new PC will be wasted on that. 

Will upgrade if needed, but this monitor is 144hz and does have freesync so reckon it will be okay. I'm going from a tiny surface pro for work with a usb second monitor, to a more permanent home set up, so I'd like to add another screen.

As a result of my setup, I prefer a monitor which can sit very low on the desk and doesn't have a large bezel - and perhaps is even wider as opposed to taller.

Any recommendations?

44 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Will upgrade if needed, but this monitor is 144hz and does have freesync so reckon it will be okay. I'm going from a tiny surface pro for work with a usb second monitor, to a more permanent home set up, so I'd like to add another screen.

As a result of my setup, I prefer a monitor which can sit very low on the desk and doesn't have a large bezel - and perhaps is even wider as opposed to taller.

Any recommendations?

Ah when you said old monitor I just pictured some old terrible 1080p 60hz thing.

Saw your message, you have a great GPU so definitely go for 1440p gaming, it's the "sweet spot" between frames and resolution on a 27inch monitor.

If you're budget conscious, I use this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EG-QHD-144hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07G8KJBW5

It's the same Korean panel as described in this video except it's TN instead of IPS:

It really is fantastic for the unbelievable price, I don't have a bad thing to say about it, except that the stand is rubbish so use a vesa mount. Annoyingly it's just gone out of stock.

I wouldn't want to recommend any other 1440p/144hz monitors because I haven't used any others!

Edited by z-layrex

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I have a computer turning up today which could run this. Guess I have a decision to make. Tempted to wait until its 100% sorted and in best order.

I said in response to someone else, I really don't think you need to wait imo. 

I've got like 40hrs on the clock and I've really not had many major bugs. It's not always stable, some annoying CTDs but nothing that's stopped me enjoying it. 

I am starting to feel like I may be closer to the end than I expected off 40hrs though tbh. I am slightly concerned that I'll be done <65 which, for an epic CDP title following Witcher 3 that was meant to be one of the "biggest games ever" probably concerns me more than all the bug reports and technical issues. 

Edited by Finnegan

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I said in response to someone else, I really don't think you need to wait imo. 

I've got like 40hrs on the clock and I've really not had many major bugs. It's not always stable, some annoying CTDs but nothing that's stopped me enjoying it. 

I am starting to feel like I may be closer to the end than I expected off 40hrs though tbh. I am slightly concerned that I'll be done <65 which, for an epic CDP title following Witcher 3 that was meant to be one of the "biggest games ever" probably concerns me more than all the bug reports and technical issues. 

Understood mate. I'll jump straight in then I think; although I have a lot of work to get through tomorrow so may wait till Tuesday.

Thanks for the advice on this everyone.

I can deal with a few CTD's - just save regularly, right?

Just realised I don't have any speakers and I'm going to have to find a mouse and keyboard from somewhere. I must have about 10 mice in a box somewhere. I bet I don't have the usb receiver things though (why don't companies work on a unified platform for these, and it just be on the MOBO??)

Taken the plunge. Not going to play it until Tuesday, probably, depending on download speeds and how busy work actually is tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

My position on the PS4/Xbox One thing is the same; it should have been pulled altogether do delayed. Project creep is obviously understandable; but they simply must have known they were going to get criticism and I feel they've misjudged that.

Hello Games and NoManSky is the best parallel I can think of in terms of the amount of expectation from gamers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Side mission called Second Conflict, I have to talk to a guy called Dum Dum (same guy from the very early prologue mission where you get the robot) 

That's worrying since I shot him in the head yesterday. I guess it simply means that side mission won't be available. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

That's worrying since I shot him in the head yesterday. I guess it simply means that side mission won't be available. 

Its a side mission that I think everyone gets and only this part of it changes depending on what happened with Dum Dum, likely means you wont face this issue if it isnt fixed by the point you reach it

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hit my first real bug on PS5, only real side mission I have left to do before I go into an ending point of the game

Side mission called Second Conflict, I have to talk to a guy called Dum Dum (same guy from the very early prologue mission where you get the robot) and he just isn't there so I can't progress any further in the mission

Looking online and it seems to be an issue from the new hotfix, so now I can't really progress any further until the next hotfix, or unless I decide to finish the main story

Thankfully found a work around on Reddit so I can now continue my game!

Those saying it is great now are making huge concessions. It has potential, but the AI is completely unfinished, the open world is not a patch on GTA; cars, pedestrians, police all perform without a brain. And combat sections are pathetic, the AI just stands still and doesn’t even chase you around a corner for example. 

I started playing is on my series X, and i want to like it and enjoy it, but the experience is so unimersive due to the bugs and poor AI. 

im parking it until it has been fully patched and runs as it should. This game should have never been released, it’s in its alpha test state at best. 

41 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

Those saying it is great now are making huge concessions. It has potential, but the AI is completely unfinished, the open world is not a patch on GTA; cars, pedestrians, police all perform without a brain. And combat sections are pathetic, the AI just stands still and doesn’t even chase you around a corner for example. 

I started playing is on my series X, and i want to like it and enjoy it, but the experience is so unimersive due to the bugs and poor AI. 

im parking it until it has been fully patched and runs as it should. This game should have never been released, it’s in its alpha test state at best. 

Kinda how I feel playing it on the PS5. The side and main missions are fun enough but thats all there is to it. The world looks really empty on the ps4 pro BC copy the ps5 runs on. Doesn't seem like a game that has a lot of replayability despite the marketing so it makes sense for me to wait for the full ps5 copy to come out and playu it once properly then to play a crap version now and not wanting to play it later when its sorted.  

6 hours ago, One Arm Babba said:

Exactly the reason I have parked it also until they fix it. I love the game and refuse to have it spoiled by the horrific bugs I have experienced.