Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Kostas Tsimikas

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Has it been confirmed by any reputable source we were in for him? 

He may have been on a list but I'm yet to hear we actually bid for him and it wasn't just agent talk.

Hypothetically, have we bid for anyone? :ph34r:

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

People never learn. Why react to media interest like it's gospel truth and then moan about the club like they've done something wrong :blink:

This is Foxestslk and it’s the close season.... what do you thinks going to happen?

Would guess we might go for Lewis now. Even if Chilly stays it's a Leicester style transfer to get his replacement ready a year early.

Having watched Tsmikas the other night I'm not surprised to see him end up at Liverpool.

Edited by AjcW

On 09/08/2020 at 16:52, jeffschlupp said:

I disagree with this bit of your comment entirely: 'his strength is carrying the ball and getting up that left-hand side'.

His actual strength is carrying the ball into the inside channel, not the wide area. Unfortunately for Chilwell he is an old-fashioned left back in that sense - if we played with touchline-hugging wingers it wouldn't be a problem, but the modern day has inside forwards which operate between the CB and RB i.e. Barnes.

When you have Chilwell running inside, Maddison operating in the half space, and Barnes inside up against the CB with his back to goal, you have three players all in the same space. When he tries to play wide like Ricardo he is shit because he can't play the skilful one-twos and I've seen better crosses from League 1 centre-halves.

The modern day full-back must be the wide playmaker, that allows you to have three goalscoring forwards like Liverpool do - Salah and Mane are their main goalscoring threat, not creative ones, and you have TAA and Robertson overlapping to great effect.

Look at Justin against Villa. Even despite the fact he's right footed, he operated much more like a modern full-back in that game and allowed Barnes the inside space.

For me both Maddison and Barnes will improve significantly without Chilwell in the team, and that's not because they don't get on. It's just that Chilwell isn't actually a very good attacking full-back these days.

Perhaps I should've "strengths" plural there. He does tend to carry the ball inside rather than hug the touchline and I totally get that having him, Maddison and Barnes trying to to occupy the same space can be a hindrance.

But I do also think that when Barnes's first touch is good, the three of them link up quite well on that side. And, out of possession, I think Chilwell does position himself wider and make himself available to for Barnes and Maddison if they need to pass the ball about and work the defenders. He's good on the ball and often keeps things tidy and ticking over well.

His shortcomings do become obvious though when Luke Thomas produces a solid defensive performance, wins headers, produces several key passes and gets an assist on debut lol