Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Kostas Tsimikas

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The 352/343 really suits Ricardo and Chilwell, so I'd love us to properly utilise it next year. 

I think it will be an option, but we will need to bring in 2 centre-halves to have a squad strong enough to use 3 at the back regularly. Our interest in Trincao suggests to me that we're aiming to make 4-1-2-3 the default.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The 352/343 really suits Ricardo and Chilwell, so I'd love us to properly utilise it next year. 

Completely ****s soyuncu though, looks lost in that formation. If we can get a proper right winger then we dont need wingbacks, ricardo was getting up the pitch to attack and defending as a fullback just fine and its not worth benching one of our attackers/midfielders to get more attacking output from chilwell. The back 4 was also a lot more stable defensively so i really dont want to see a back 3 again next season.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Completely ****s soyuncu though, looks lost in that formation. If we can get a proper right winger then we dont need wingbacks, ricardo was getting up the pitch to attack and defending as a fullback just fine and its not worth benching one of our attackers/midfielders to get more attacking output from chilwell. The back 4 was also a lot more stable defensively so i really dont want to see a back 3 again next season.

The opposition started high presses against us which blunted Ricci and Ben so they had trouble crossing the half way line safely , T.A.A. and Robertson can beat the press safely because Fabinho and Henderson are always covering their attacks. We will need a similar set up to allow our fullbacks freedom.

58 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why wouldn’t he choose us over Liverpool! Get paid the same and play matches or get paid the same and barely ever play and lift a trophy in May you’ve not really played a part of. A shame if true

and they will pay him more 

and with the schedule next season he will get between ten and twenty starts 

do you need any more reasons ....  oh yes, they are one of the best teams/clubs  on the planet 

I think we can close this one now .....

Edited by st albans fox

It’s one of those where he’d make sense as a replacement for Chilwell.... but Chilwell hasn’t gone anywhere and maybe the club feel that will be the case this window therefore there’s no need to replace him 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can’t blame this lad if he’d rather join Liverpool.

im sure we’ve got a number of targets and lots can happen between now and the window closing. 

No doubt the better value is abroad but if we sold him for £60m-£70m I wouldn’t be opposed to PVA, Charlie Taylor etc joining it cost was reasonable.

Id also take Zinchenko as Pep doesn’t seem to trust him and I think he’d excel if we stick with 3 at the back 

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The opposition started high presses against us which blunted Ricci and Ben so they had trouble crossing the half way line safely , T.A.A. and Robertson can beat the press safely because Fabinho and Henderson are always covering their attacks. We will need a similar set up to allow our fullbacks freedom.

It leaves our flanks open though which makes us weaker defensively. Soyuncu in particular was caught out of position a few times trying to cover the flanks in a back 3 but looks top quality in a back 4. If we can get a right wing who can actually beat a press and hold onto the ball unlike perez then that should solve the issue of opponents closing us down too easily.

• Like 1

This is annoying, he seemed to be a very good option at a reasonable price. However, if Chelsea sign Reguilon then Chilwell's likely going nowhere and we won't be signing a left back anyway. 

I'll be more annoyed if we miss out on a very good right winger.

• Like 2

I dont think the club is recruiting this year because chillwell isn't going anywhere. We have cover for both fullbacks and with a short turnaround i wouldn't think our club is that daft as to play Russian roulette in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Find it hilarious that people seriously think he's chose Liverpool over us and that we were interested.

We weren't mentioned in the race by any solid source and we have no need for a left back at the moment. 

Almost every player linked to us by rags, including shite foreign sources, is absolute nonsense. Our deals don't get aired in the public domain like Manchester United's do.

A player not joining us when he's gone to the champions is not a stick to beat Rudkin and Congerton with.

The same people that stated first today that he had chosen Liverpool had linked us to him ..... if he is a good left back at that price then I’d be bloody upset if we weren’t interested !

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The same people that stated first today that he had chosen Liverpool had linked us to him ..... if he is a good left back at that price then I’d be bloody upset if we weren’t interested !

It's all a media game...these transfers are done behind the scenes in principle days before the media get hold of it.

When you mention multiple clubs like Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool, it's all about pushing one club to get it over the line.

The club have three good left-backs, there isn't room for a fourth. We can't be interested in every good player, and in the club's opinion he may not actually be all that good anyway...

35 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

People never learn. Why react to media interest like it's gospel truth and then moan about the club like they've done something wrong :blink:

The club have a good left back unless Chelsea cough up that'll still be the case.

This x 1000

People are reacting as if we’ve already sold Chilwell.

• Like 4