Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Also let's be honest about Souness, aside from what I've said about his views on black players, he's a poor pundit. He does little research, especially on teams outside the big 4/6. This all started because someone bemoaned Evra being on the panel, yet not complaints about Souness who embodies everything people have complained about in recent years, clueless about smaller teams and not bothered enough to research either.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Souness

Makes assumptions a lot about black players being troublesome off pitch, or lazy, but apparently not racist.

I did say subconsciously racist in my original post too, i don't think he realises he's doing it, and I don't think he would be overtly racist or nasty to a black person, I just think he has subconscious beliefs about black people that he's expressing during his punditry. But he still needs to stop it.

Agreed

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Mate he slags of loads of players that he considers “lazy” 

He has high expectations the man won 5 league titles and 3 European cups.

He simply possesses a deep and genuine loathing of footballers failing to work hard enough and falling short of fulfilling their potential.

if you look hard enough there are examples of him not being racist.

“Liverpool’s first black player Howard Gayle tells in his autobiography that he was the victim of bullying racial abuse from Tommy Smith before he finally confronted the club’s legendary former captain on the training pitch, threatening to beat him with a baseball bat.

Gayle writes: “Graeme Souness was the only one that came over in the immediate aftermath. ‘Well done, Howard,’ he said, ‘Tommy deserved that’. Graeme was a true leader.””

but it’s easier to jump on the old bandwagon.

People seem to be over looking the fact I said subconsciously. 

57 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

After the penalty Palace got, it's absolutely laughable West Ham haven't got that.

Looks like the officiating is still a complete and utter farce then. It's a laughing stock.

blatent wasn't it

west ham twice have gone there and lost after dominating

I have to say if Yarmolenko had switched off like that with me in the side i would not have been happy with him

cost them the game.

Well only 2 games in and I predicted West Ham, Fulham and Crystal Palace to go down. 
Palace already have 6 points I had them down as losing, West Ham will struggle but look better than WBA and Leeds.

The three promoted sides look woeful at the back and that is going to massively cost all three of them this season.

22 goals conceded between the three of them without playing any of the top 4 teams from last season - I cant see any of them staying up unless they make huge improvements in the back lines.

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

How can you begin to know what someone is thinking subconsciously? 

You can't, but looking at comments that he's made whilst also looking at action people have mentioned would suggest that hes not a nasty person, hes gonna be nice to everyone even standing up for black guys as mentioned above, but deep down there's something in him that see black players as lazy and problematic. He has a history of labelling them as such with no basis behind them comments.

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I don’t think that really matters mate, your still saying implying he is racist, he just isn’t aware.

I am, and I stand by that. Above you say hes criticises all sorts of players, does he? Has he ever gone after say Ozil with the same level of vitriol as hes gone after Pogba for example? I mean i don't doubt hes commented on Ozil, but in the same way he goes after Pogba at every opportunity, even when hes played well or not even playing? Will he question James Rodriguez if his form dramatically drops and ask why a big club like Real sold him unless hes a troublemaker like he did about Kean?

Edited by Facecloth

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Well only 2 games in and I predicted West Ham, Fulham and Crystal Palace to go down. 
Palace already have 6 points I had them down as losing, West Ham will struggle but look better than WBA and Leeds.

The three promoted sides look woeful at the back and that is going to massively cost all three of them this season.

22 goals conceded between the three of them without playing any of the top 4 teams from last season - I cant see any of them staying up unless they make huge improvements in the back lines.

Liverpool 4-3 Leeds, last week.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I am, and I stand by that. Above you say hes criticises all sorts of players, does he? Has he ever gone after say Ozil with the same level of vitriol as hes gone after Pogba for example? I mean i don't doubt hes commented on Ozil, but in the same way he goes after Pogba at every opportunity, even when hes played well or not even playing? Will he question James Rodriguez if his form dramatically drops and ask why a big club like Real sold him unless hes a troublemaker like he did about Kean?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8010343/amp/Mesut-Ozil-slammed-Graeme-Souness-despite-Arsenal-star-scoring-goal-10-months.html

Just typed in Souness Ozil on google and there’s tons of the stuff. 

Woeth mentioning very publicly said Jack Grealish wasn’t worthy of the applauds back in July 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I said he will have commented on him all pundits do, but those search results are all from one game against Bayern

Now go and search Souness Pogba. See how much of your weekend is lost sifting through those.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You can't, but looking at comments that he's made whilst also looking at action people have mentioned would suggest that hes not a nasty person, hes gonna be nice to everyone even standing up for black guys as mentioned above, but deep down there's something in him that see black players as lazy and problematic. He has a history of labelling them as such with no basis behind them comments.

Re Pogba

Could it be maybe the fact that he is a global superstar, that is/was labelled as one of the best players in the world.

That constantly flattered to deceive.

On about 15m a year.

Im sure there is a hell of a lot Souness doesn’t like about him, but I’d imagine skin colour is last on the list.

If Messi signed for Man City and was absolute shit for a season I don’t doubt he would get the same spill.

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Re Pogba

Could it be maybe the fact that he is a global superstar, that is/was labelled as one of the best players in the world.

That constantly flattered to deceive.

On about 15m a year.

Im sure there is a hell of a lot Souness doesn’t like about him, but I’d imagine skin colour is last on the list.

If Messi signed for Man City and was absolute shit for a season I don’t doubt he would get the same spill.

I think we've all criticised Pogba, I'm not saying he can't do that, and in some parts he has been right as he has disappointed, but he brings him up when he's not played, has a go when he's ran the show. The guy cannot win with Souness. Pogba has a long term injury and isn't starting, why is his name even coming up in Souness' analysis. The guys has two or three good games and Souness isn't saying he's impressed he's going back to old performances and laying into him.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think we've all criticised Pogba, I'm not saying he can't do that, and in some parts he has been right as he has disappointed, but he brings him up when he's not played, has a go when he's ran the show. The guy cannot win with Souness. Pogba has a long term injury and isn't starting, why is his name even coming up in Souness' analysis. The guys has two or three good games and Souness isn't saying he's impressed he's going back to old performances and laying into him.

Tbh I can’t particularly stand the bloke as a pundit, I just don’t think he is racist 👍🏻

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Tbh I can’t particularly stand the bloke as a pundit, I just don’t think he is racist 👍🏻

Was actually just posting, and tagging you in as I was about to go bed. All this started because someone claimed Evra was only on Sky today to tick a box. I said he offers more incite than (and this is where I called Souness a racist Dinosaur). But I posted above, aside from that remark about him, he is a shite pundit. He does no research, knows **** all about clubs outside the big 4/6. I actually saw him say once, quite a way into the season that he hadn't seen the premier league team he was doing punditry on play yet that season. It literally his job to watch them. If Sky were doing a clear out of useless old pundits, he should have been high up the list.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I said he will have commented on him all pundits do, but those search results are all from one game against Bayern

Now go and search Souness Pogba. See how much of your weekend is lost sifting through those.

The first page of a google search on ‘Souness Ozil’ references games against Palace, Newcastle, Bayern and Chelsea

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The first page of a google search on ‘Souness Ozil’ references games against Palace, Newcastle, Bayern and Chelsea

Not on mine it didn't.

I did it again and got the Palace one this time. Nothing about Chelsea though.

Still how many you got on that Pogba search? How many of those Ozil ones occurred when he wasn't even playing?

Edited by Facecloth

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Do we have hard evidence of the racism? 

This is a question that isn't asked often enough. I'm fed up of it in truth. It's a serious problem that's been devalued by people who have an agenda to call for it - which in turn actually creates more problems.

• Like 4

On the topic, great article here regards Souness criticism of Pogba and the perceived source 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/paul-pogba-graeme-souness-criticism-manchester-united-news-a9467841.html%3famp

Also typing Souness Criticism on google search gives me articles about Pogba, Grealish, Mane, Salah, Martial, McAteer!, Graeme Potter, Lovren, Mikel Merino

Edited by Cardiff_Fox