Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes, Benteke is a top-level striker being held back by Zaha. 

His end product has historically been hit and miss, yeah, though I'd argue his numbers aren't all that bad considering he's playing in a very negative team largely devoid of creativity. I'm not even really a fan of his, and I can't say I'm particularly desperate to see him play for us given what he'd cost, but you said he was a terrible player which is quite obviously not the case. 

Well he doesn't have great numbers, his greediness is to the detriment of his team and teammates and he has often cost his team goals. He's also a notorious diver and has a terrible attitude. None of those are the hallmark of a great player. If I wanted someone to piss about with the ball and produce little I'd sign one of those freestyler lads, they'd be cheaper. So in many ways he is a terrible player, having skills and pace doesn't make you good, doing something with it does.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

There should be, but it looks like Sky threw him under the bus with their apology and disclaimer that Zaha never met Moyes's daughter.

Ha ha - m’ learned friends in the slander dept were already looking at the latest yacht catalogue 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Zaha used to play for Man United? 

From what I can gather, Fergie signed him, tried it on with him, was knocked back so and left in the huff, replaced by Moyes. 
Wilf then tried it on with Moyes’s chihuahua and was subsequently binned. 

Pretty sure that’s the gist of it 👍

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Certain teams suffered with 5 subs and drinks break.. now Man U have to play by the proper rules they will be found out and have tonight 

It’s easier for refs to enforce the rules correctly without a 60k crowd baying at them - expect more before the resumption of normal service  - just don’t sack OGS until he’s trashed the club lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

"Kieran Tierney injured in the warmup" 

I swear that lads body has the structural integrity of Trifle!

Me gran would always put the biscuit-ey cake things in as close to the end as possible to keep them firm.

On that basis, to me he's got less. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Instead of apologising sack Evra off and employ proper pundits not just to tick a box.

He offers more incite into the game than the subconciously racist dinosaur sat opposite him. If sky were having a clear out I've no idea how Souness survived.

• Like 1