Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So if that the case how do we explain his targeting other black players mentioned over their attitude, two of whom I don't think have been anything other model pros. And his character assassination of Kean that had absolutely no basis and was just completely made up in his head.

I’m not going to try and explain that away. I’ve no idea what he thinks. I haven’t seen his character assassination of those other players so I can’t comment anyway. I could see the possible difference in perception between Ozil and Pogba. That was meant to be my point rather than defending Souness. 

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not going to try and explain that away. I’ve no idea what he thinks. I haven’t seen his character assassination of those other players so I can’t comment anyway. I could see the possible difference in perception between Ozil and Pogba. That was meant to be my point rather than defending Souness. 

Fair enough, just on those two, that is a big difference. But is it enough for Souness constantly go on about Pogba even when hes not playing?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Ok. I have one comment. Racism is rife in English football and more so is inequality and discrimination. Show me a top BAME manager coach across the top 2 leagues? A BAME referee? I mean just look at the reaction Sian Massey got when she first appeared in the English game? Yet she’s become for me one of the better linesperson. I think this discussion Is important and I openly admire to being a BLM advocate and have spoken strongly on it before. I have had many a call out with posters on here. But the rhetoric of BAME / female pundit being picked to fill ‘quotas’ needs to shift. We need to change the culture of football. The fact that people think sky and the like are doing this to fill a quota shows exactly where we went wrong. Perhaps a ‘quota’ is needed because of a lack of opportunity for BAME? It’s a well known fact society in general has in not so recent past (to my own shame) the past been extraordinarily discriminatory. So because of people of a BAME decent being held back for so long as a people (yes there are odd individual success stories) that now positive discrimination is the only way forward! Has anyone who’s against it actually thought about why it’s on place? As for the original argument. I don’t know if Souness is a racist as I do not know. But he’s a sh1te pundit and a miserable tw@. But the reaction to the change of sky’s soccer Saturday pundits and the sh1t that went with it goes to show how backwards some football fans are, I certainly include some of our fans in that and others from here whom I have had open and frank discussions with over the BML protests and other threads. But I think we all need to accept that racism and discrimination is rife. But can we back to football please? @Facecloth I gave up trying to change opinions on here a while ago. That was despite providing statistics which backed up my narrative. But I still do my bit and still fly my banner promoting BLM and have a face mask with pro BLM slogans on it. Funnily enough I have had run ins with knuckle draggers routinely. Even some coont asked the banner to be removed, I was so in awe of the request that once I processed the thoughts and reflected  it I felt nothing but an overwhelming pity for the waste of oxygen. That blind to the need for change during a time like this??? Poor poor lad.

We could do with someone ‘coming out’ to really get things going ......it’s not just racism that ingrained in the psyche ...... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

IF there is any truth in this whatsoever then why don’t we go for him ..   every time I’ve seen him he looks good and at that price (or even higher) he’d be a steal ...    then maybe we could let Demi go on loan or even sell.   

74880824-C560-4070-B7C9-687ED2748E5E.jpeg

Perhaps cos we’ve just got someone in for a loan fee of €3m ...... rather than the £25m+ this kid will cost 

The "taking the knee" prior to games, what does it actually stand for? I was under the impression it was in support of oppression/targeting of black people, including the violence from police in America. Yet Darren Lewis on sky was describing it to be centred upon black opportunities after retiring from playing the game.

What's Jenas talking about lol

'It's getting too much this 'flag down thing''. 

The linesman did. Kane knew as he finished hence no celebration.

The linesman literally did his job and Jenas is saying 'just put your flag up'. All the decisions have been correct. It's fine looking back on replays (even the very close ones) for the pundits to say 'should have put the flag up, easy decision'. But I bet if they were on the touchline they'd struggle to make such an instant decision in real time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's Jenas talking about lol

'It's getting too much this 'flag down thing''. 

The linesman did. Kane knew as he finished hence no celebration.

The linesman literally did his job and Jenas is saying 'just put your flag up'. All the decisions have been correct. It's fine looking back on replays (even the very close ones) for the pundits to say 'should have put the flag up, easy decision'. But I bet if they were on the touchline they'd struggle to make such an instant decision in real time.

Jenas is a flog, I’d rather see what happened there and a quick check after, than the flag goes straight up ref blow the whistle and stop the move and replays show it was the wrong call.