Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Summer 2020/21 Ins and Outs

In

Wesley Fofana from AS Saint-Etienne - 5 Year Contract (OS)

Cengiz Ünder from A S Roma - Season Loan (OS)

Timothy Castagne from Atalanta BC - 5 Year Contract (OSOS)

Thanawat Suengchitthawon from AS Nancy 

Papy Mendy - New  2 Contract June 22 (OS)

Loans - Out

Filip Benković to Cardiff - Season Long Loan (OS)

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Luton - Season Long Loan (OS)

Matty James to Barnsley - 0X/01/21 (OS)

Sam Hughes to Burton Albion - 0x/01/21 (OS)

Mitchell Clark to Port Vale - 0X/01/21 (OS)

Josh Knight to Wycombe Wanderers -  03/01/21 (OS)

Rachid Ghezzal to Beşiktaş - season long loan (OS)

Darnell Johnson to Wigan - 04/01/21 (OS)

Josh Eppiah to OH Leuven -  season long loan (OS)

George Hirst to Rotherham - Season long loan (OS)

Iversen to OH Leuven - season long loan

Kamal Sowah to OH Leuven - season long loan

Ryan Bennett - Loan Return To Wolves

Out

Adrien Silva to Sampdoria (OS)

Fousseni Diabate to  Trabzonspor ((OS)

Ben Chilwell to Chelsea (OS)

Kaputska  to Legia Warsaw
Calvin Bassey to Glasgow Rangers

George Thomas to QPR Free

Released

Andy King (released) 

Papy Mendy - Released - Re Signed see Ins

Faiq Bolkiah (released)

Viktor Johansson (Released)
Ryan Loft (Released)
Connor Tee (Released)

If you know of any others post in here and I'll update the OP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am half expecting zero incomings with the excuse given there is no value for money to be had plus BR will be pressed ganged into saying ‘He is happy with what he has going into the new season’ - which of course is total Bull shit.   

Hopefully, I am wrong and the Chilwell move, once completed, starts the Domino effect..  

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I am half expecting zero incomings with the excuse given there is no value for money to be had plus BR will be pressed ganged into saying ‘He is happy with what he has going into the new season’ - which of course is total Bull shit.   

Hopefully, I am wrong and the Chilwell move, once completed, starts the Domino effect..  

If results aren't good Rodgers won't be shy in being vocal about not being backed properly, he was the same at Liverpool and Celtic in that regard.

On 25/08/2020 at 12:51, mozartfox said:

That would be a disaster!

14 minutes ago, shailen said:

I just hope we don't get fleeced by the market knowing we have an extra £50m from the Chilwell sale. Usually I'd like us to do our business first so we can get the players in for good value. 

It's pretty risky doing that, though. What if the sale doesn't go through?

8 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's pretty risky doing that, though. What if the sale doesn't go through?

It must have been known that Chilwell wanted to leave for a while, so we could have sourced a replacement first and let him leave later on in this window. We are now very light at LB and I would be shocked if we don't sign anyone in that position, but all clubs know we're £50m better off. 

It's like when Bournemouth quoted £60m for Ake last summer when we sold Maguire. 

Just now, shailen said:

It must have been known that Chilwell wanted to leave for a while, so we could have sourced a replacement first and let him leave later on in this window. We are now very light at LB and I would be shocked if we don't sign anyone in that position, but all clubs know we're £50m better off. 

It's like when Bournemouth quoted £60m for Ake last summer when we sold Maguire. 

I know it's a shame that clubs try to get some of the cash you just got for a sale, but I don't think spending money you're banking on getting back soon is sensible. You get your replacement, then if the sale collapses, you're buggered. Plus, you've got an unhappy player or two on your hands.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I know it's a shame that clubs try to get some of the cash you just got for a sale, but I don't think spending money you're banking on getting back soon is sensible. You get your replacement, then if the sale collapses, you're buggered. Plus, you've got an unhappy player or two on your hands.

It's a risky ploy, but I think we all knew Chilwell would leave for a long while. We've just added £10m on the price of who his replacement will be, that's just how the market works. I get your point that we don't want to sign a £30m player to sit on the bench but now that player is going to cost us £40m+. Clubs will know we are desparate for a LB. 

7 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's a risky ploy, but I think we all knew Chilwell would leave for a long while. We've just added £10m on the price of who his replacement will be, that's just how the market works. I get your point that we don't want to sign a £30m player to sit on the bench but now that player is going to cost us £40m+. Clubs will know we are desparate for a LB. 

Maybe, but it's possible we have a deal already lined up. I do see your point. I'm just saying the alternative isn't without problems, either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

I think everyone in the world of football has known that Chilwell was very likely to leave and for a figure of around £50m.

Clubs would been asking us for more for a LB whether it was before or after he'd left.