Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

2 minutes ago, bart said:

Anyone any idea if they will play at Quorn next season, I think the pitch is still allowed in WSL but isn't ideal in my opinion.

I think there’s a move lined up, they were looking at a few different locations late last year

52 minutes ago, bart said:

Anyone any idea if they will play at Quorn next season, I think the pitch is still allowed in WSL but isn't ideal in my opinion.

There isn’t a decent non league ground with modern facilities in Leicestershire sadly (unless there’s some money thrown somewhere). With the SKY TV deal, there will be a big emphasis on clubs having venues which can host all the facilities broadcasters need. 

In fact, Loughborough University is probably the best shout but they won’t be able to brand that in the same way they can elsewhere 

17 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It was quite natural for me as I didn't really follow women's football until a few seasons back so naturally Leicester became our team. My daughter plays and absolutely loves football,  she wants to play for Leicester when she's older. 

A few years ago,  following a thread on here I saw they had got to a cup final v blackburn at chesterfield which was our first game. As it happened it was arranged for her whole team to go. They had a great afternoon making a racket cheering them on and with their clappers plus my Leicester flag. After the match they all got to meet the team which was lovely. 

Since then we started going down Farley way on a Sunday afternoon and it's great to see how far the team has come along in that time, it's also great to have a hotdog and pint while watching the footy. I think the highlight being the cup win v reading last season.

They're a lovely friendly club and hopefully they can maintain that feel in this new age of professionalism. 

That accessibility and friendliness is a huge thing in women’s football.

My team is Loughborough Foxes, one level down from City (though it will be two next season, and would have been three had voiding the season not saved us from probable relegation).

It was the then manager in particular who welcomed me in, and also the Director of Football (Steve Wilkinson, once of City).  I was soon helping out as a volunteer and now have a number of friends amongst players past and present.

For a while we had a bit of a rivalry with City, which probably still colours my judgement of City.  But the FA have made it difficult for a club like us to compete so the gap between the sides is unbridgeable now.

I’ve genuinely missed my trips to the University Stadium more than the KP - really hope City aren't going to try and muscle in on our ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Could they make use of Hinckley’s stadium? It’s a crying shame they built such a lovely non league venue and folded a few years later. 

That’s one of them that’s been looked at, big upside but it needs a good bit of refurbishment