Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

29 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Supposedly the women's team will be using one of the Showpitches at Seagrave.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1950709/leicester-citys-spectacular-new-training-ground-the-numbers

What level of attendance figures were they getting previously? Would 499 capacity be enough following promotion? A bit restrictive if they are trying to attract fans.

Hinckley isn't a bad idea, although not for Vlad lol Is that used by anyone these days?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

What level of attendance figures were they getting previously? Would 499 capacity be enough following promotion? A bit restrictive if they are trying to attract fans.

Hinckley isn't a bad idea, although not for Vlad lol Is that used by anyone these days?

499 isn't enough for the attendance but I think the talk was the Women's allowing standing around the pitch so the the 499 is just the number of seats.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Around 300-500 from memory last season, the cancelled FA Cup game with Man City was expected to smash that.

Pre covid the FA set out that they wanted the average WSL attendance to rise from 1,000 to 2,000 as one of their 2020 targets so yeah Seagrave won’t work (Sorry Vlad)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Around 300-500 from memory last season, the cancelled FA Cup game with Man City was expected to smash that.

Pre covid the FA set out that they wanted the average WSL attendance to rise from 1,000 to 2,000 as one of their 2020 targets so yeah Seagrave won’t work (Sorry Vlad)

What does Farley way hold, I’m sure I saw someone put on here around 1900 once, is that right?

It was a shame about the man city match, we’d got tickets, gutted when it got postponed.

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

What does Farley way hold, I’m sure I saw someone put on here around 1900 once, is that right?

It was a shame about the man city match, we’d got tickets, gutted when it got postponed.

Think Farley is around there if they do something with the open end of the ground, it’s listed as 1400 on wiki but that seems pretty low

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Need 2 points from the remaining 3 games.

Nice one.

Did I read that Sky now have the rights to the WSL and will be showing regular games?

I assume that starts next season so it will be great for Leicester Women to be part of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Nice one.

Did I read that Sky now have the rights to the WSL and will be showing regular games?

I assume that starts next season so it will be great for Leicester Women to be part of that.

Yes sky and bbc, I’m sure I heard on the football ramble that sky have 40 odd and bbc about 35. I think it’s good that there is a good number of free to air games at such an important time for the game considering how much it’s grown over recent years and needing to make sure it remains accessible to as many people as possible.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

We had 1800 there fpr a pre season game few yeqr back

21 hours ago, tylesta said:

We had 1800 there fpr a pre season game few yeqr back

Felt like a lot more. It was the start of 2008/2009. Ricky Sappleton scored a hat-trick and people on here where saying he's the next Heskey. 

On 28/03/2021 at 14:11, Mint23 said:

Could they make use of Hinckley’s stadium? It’s a crying shame they built such a lovely non league venue and folded a few years later. 

Big upgrade would be an understatement - it's a minefield of ownership issues. The existing club have to run things off a generator, they don't have access to the bar. 

On 28/03/2021 at 14:17, Vlad the Fox said:

So what is the spec for a wsl team ground? where does Farley way fall short? 

With the new TV deal, it will having a multi-range of cameras set up and the ability to host the broadcasting vans etc. Most of the WSL play at Conference or League 2 grounds. Typically we don't have a ground of that nature in the county of Leicestershire - I'm assuming they have ruled out Holmes Park and outside of Hinckley/Leicester Road, the grounds aren't the best. I only one I can think of is Loughborough University but I didn't realise they hosted a women club already 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big upgrade would be an understatement - it's a minefield of ownership issues. The existing club have to run things off a generator, they don't have access to the bar. 

With the new TV deal, it will having a multi-range of cameras set up and the ability to host the broadcasting vans etc. Most of the WSL play at Conference or League 2 grounds. Typically we don't have a ground of that nature in the county of Leicestershire - I'm assuming they have ruled out Holmes Park and outside of Hinckley/Leicester Road, the grounds aren't the best. I only one I can think of is Loughborough University but I didn't realise they hosted a women club already 

Loughborough’s is a good setup but like you say it’s scheduling, they’ve got the men’s & women’s Uni teams, Loughborough Foxes and Derby U23s are there this season too.

There’s always the council’s less than popular plan of having Saffron Lane host football I guess lol. Only other option, Hinckley aside, is the same route Reading have gone down moving into the Madjeski and move our women’s team into the KP.