Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Women To Go Professional

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big upgrade would be an understatement - it's a minefield of ownership issues. The existing club have to run things off a generator, they don't have access to the bar. 

With the new TV deal, it will having a multi-range of cameras set up and the ability to host the broadcasting vans etc. Most of the WSL play at Conference or League 2 grounds. Typically we don't have a ground of that nature in the county of Leicestershire - I'm assuming they have ruled out Holmes Park and outside of Hinckley/Leicester Road, the grounds aren't the best. I only one I can think of is Loughborough University but I didn't realise they hosted a women club already 

...any reason why Holmes Park can not be updated to accommodate the specifications required!!!

22 hours ago, dynamark said:

Holmes park whilst a good pitch has little to no parking and little room for spectators and in a residential area. Nice pitch but not really suitable..

...we need to get them locally within the city which would help with the growth of attendances!!!

The car park near the old ground is not quite big enough to build a ground and mini stadium and then to sell the Holmes park setup land for residential redevelopment.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need to get them locally within the city which would help with the growth of attendances!!!

The car park near the old ground is not quite big enough to build a ground and mini stadium and then to sell the Holmes park setup land for residential redevelopment.

They don't own Holmes Park -

If you're looking for a venue to hire for your upcoming Birthday, Wedding Reception, Conference, Meeting or any other event, then look no further than Holmes Park!
Based out of Holmes Park in Whetstone Leicester, The Leicestershire & Rutland County FA is very proud to have such a great facility.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

If you're looking for a venue to hire for your upcoming Birthday, Wedding Reception, Conference, Meeting or any other event, then look no further than Holmes Park!
Based out of Holmes Park in Whetstone Leicester, The Leicestershire & Rutland County FA is very proud to have such a great facility.

I had my 21st at Holmes Park. Took me two minutes to stagger home after. I suspect Simon Grayson only came because it was a three minute stagger home for him!

8 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

I know it’s been mentioned previously but I think this’d be perfect 

It would surely but someone mentioned there are complex ownership issues. I'm unsure of what nature. 

A shame the County has such a good facility and it's unused. 

• Like 2