Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Callum McGregor

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Tbf the standard cannot be very good if you believe in co-efficient formulae .   UEFA rate the SPL below the Austrian Bundesliga and I have seen a hell of a lot of Austrian Football.  

The price tag and age of McGregor is not where we should be shopping.  

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an opinion despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

And yes, £40m for Mcgrehor is laughable. He's worth half that at best. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an option despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

I think the original poster was just just making the point that playing against the likes of Hamilton and Dundee every week is perhaps, a yardstick that makes the assessment of whether or not a player can step up to the EPL is questionable.   And please do not throw VWD in my face as is the usual response on here (not from you).

He is clearly the exception to the norm.   I would hope our coaching Team have a better idea on this players ability.

As for your comment about FT members making comments about things they know absolutely fuch all about, I think we are all sometimes guilty of that crime :o

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the original poster was just just making the point that playing against the likes of Hamilton and Dundee every week is perhaps, a yardstick that makes the assessment of whether or not a player can step up to the EPL is questionable.   And please do not throw VWD in my face as is the usual response on here (not from you).

He is clearly the exception to the norm.   I would hope our coaching Team have a better idea on this players ability.

As for your comment about FT members making comments about things they know absolutely fuch all about, I think we are all sometimes guilty of that crime :o

It isn't  a good indicator, you are right but my problem comes from when you say these things having probably never say Dundee or Hamilton play. ( not, you just in general). 

The strong opinion on scottish football isn't  exclusive to FT, all English footie fans seem to base their opinion on it based on very little. 

As for players making the transition down south, CM's and defenders seem to adjust better than attacking minded players for some reason. VVD, Van Bronchurst, Petrov, Wanyama, Arteta, Ferguson, Adam, McGregor, Weir, Tugay, Reyna, Hendry, Hutton, Robertson all off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an opinion despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

He's a £20m player no more, no less.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tbf Rodgers tried to sign him last summer so it's hardly without foundation. Him and McGregor allegedly love each other as well, on a profoessional level of course.

Where would you see him fitting into our system Muzzy?

4 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Where would you see him fitting into our system Muzzy?

If you guys are going to play 3-5-2 I'd imagine in next to Ndidi but then you have the issue of where does Tielemans play. McGregor is the sort of player who would probably end up playing 25-35 games a season filling in across various positions mind you such is his versatility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Less.

Well £19m wasn't enough last summer and he's since signed a new contract since then so I'd be very surprised to see him go anywhere for less than £20m, especially given Nthacn and Ajer seem to be heading to the exit door to plug the CL revenue gap.

9 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Mercury reporting a 40 million tag on him. No ****ing thank you. 

I think Celtic realize the rebuilding job ahead so it’s no surprise they’ll try and rinse us for every penny they can.

Thats not to question the ability of the player, of course

21 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If you guys are going to play 3-5-2 I'd imagine in next to Ndidi but then you have the issue of where does Tielemans play. McGregor is the sort of player who would probably end up playing 25-35 games a season filling in across various positions mind you such is his versatility.

...I have always believed he would have been the midfield general alongside Ndidi!!!

Tielemans is an enigma and I still have my doubts, but rotating him and McGregor seems like a logical fix but in practice it won't happen. He offers something that the other central midfielders do not, leadership,and we are well short of that at the moment.