Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Silva Fox

Callum McGregor

Recommended Posts

Posted
22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Tbf the standard cannot be very good if you believe in co-efficient formulae .   UEFA rate the SPL below the Austrian Bundesliga and I have seen a hell of a lot of Austrian Football.  

 

The price tag and age of McGregor is not where we should be shopping.  

 

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an opinion despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

 

And yes, £40m for Mcgrehor is laughable. He's worth half that at best. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an option despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

 

And yes, £40m for Mcgrehor is laughable. He's worth half that at best. 

I think the original poster was just just making the point that playing against the likes of Hamilton and Dundee every week is perhaps, a yardstick that makes the assessment of whether or not a player can step up to the EPL is questionable.   And please do not throw VWD in my face as is the usual response on here (not from you).

 

He is clearly the exception to the norm.   I would hope our coaching Team have a better idea on this players ability.

 

As for your comment about FT members making comments about things they know absolutely fuch all about, I think we are all sometimes guilty of that crime :o

Posted
3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the original poster was just just making the point that playing against the likes of Hamilton and Dundee every week is perhaps, a yardstick that makes the assessment of whether or not a player can step up to the EPL is questionable.   And please do not throw VWD in my face as is the usual response on here (not from you).

 

He is clearly the exception to the norm.   I would hope our coaching Team have a better idea on this players ability.

 

As for your comment about FT members making comments about things they know absolutely fuch all about, I think we are all sometimes guilty of that crime :o

It isn't  a good indicator, you are right but my problem comes from when you say these things having probably never say Dundee or Hamilton play. ( not, you just in general). 

 

The strong opinion on scottish football isn't  exclusive to FT, all English footie fans seem to base their opinion on it based on very little. 

 

As for players making the transition down south, CM's and defenders seem to adjust better than attacking minded players for some reason. VVD, Van Bronchurst, Petrov, Wanyama, Arteta, Ferguson, Adam, McGregor, Weir, Tugay, Reyna, Hendry, Hutton, Robertson all off the top of my head. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So in other words you actually have no clue what Scottish football is like, your basing your own opinion on that of others. 

Not at all!..

Tommy Gemmell is a great player.

Posted

If Rodgers insists that we pay anywhere near 40m for McGregor it can come out of his severance. 
 

Worth 15-20m in todays market at the absolute most. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not saying that the SPFL isn't shit, it is but I can make that statement based on the fact that I watch it regularly. My point was that far too many folk jump on the bandwagon of an opinion despite the fact that they know absolutely fuch all about it. 

 

And yes, £40m for Mcgrehor is laughable. He's worth half that at best. 

He's a £20m player no more, no less.

Posted
1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I think the original poster was just just making the point that playing against the likes of Hamilton and Dundee every week is perhaps, a yardstick that makes the assessment of whether or not a player can step up to the EPL is questionable.   And please do not throw VWD in my face as is the usual response on here (not from you).

 

He is clearly the exception to the norm.   I would hope our coaching Team have a better idea on this players ability.

 

As for your comment about FT members making comments about things they know absolutely fuch all about, I think we are all sometimes guilty of that crime :o

There are more apart from Van Dijk in recent years, in fact I'd wager all of them bar hooper would have done a more than decent job for Leicester had they signed at the time each prospective player moved.Tierney is the latest example, he'd have been a great replacement for Chilwell and signed a year in advance you'd be sitting pretty just now with £25m banked and arguably a better player than Chilwell as his replacement. He'd had definitely followed Rodgers as well.

 

Then there are others who have moved from clubs other than Celtic, McGinn and Roberston for example that'd definitely enhance the Leicester squad. Then there's Dembele who went to France who would have been a snip at £20m for you guys and is now way off the radar and completely unattainable. The SPFL is a poor league overall, anyone who says it isn't is lying but that doesn't mean there aren't any diamonds in the rough.

 

Like I've said before, you can turn your nose up at it and go and shop in Portugal again and have your pants removed to the tune of £50m. That same £50m would have got you VVD, Tierney and John McGinn so go figure.

Posted
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

“The Mercury” about as reliable as Indy Kaila.

Tbf Rodgers tried to sign him last summer so it's hardly without foundation. Him and McGregor allegedly love each other as well, on a profoessional level of course.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tbf Rodgers tried to sign him last summer so it's hardly without foundation. Him and McGregor allegedly love each other as well, on a profoessional level of course.

Where would you see him fitting into our system Muzzy?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Where would you see him fitting into our system Muzzy?

If you guys are going to play 3-5-2 I'd imagine in next to Ndidi but then you have the issue of where does Tielemans play. McGregor is the sort of player who would probably end up playing 25-35 games a season filling in across various positions mind you such is his versatility.

Posted
32 minutes ago, nepa fox said:

If i had to choose between Praet or him i choose Praet... all day

I'd go for CalMac and I don't say that lightly. I'm a fan of Praets. 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Less.

Well £19m wasn't enough last summer and he's since signed a new contract since then so I'd be very surprised to see him go anywhere for less than £20m, especially given Nthacn and Ajer seem to be heading to the exit door to plug the CL revenue gap.

Posted
4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Average. We’ve done average. Average gets you - well, average. 

 we finished 5th which is, actually, above average.

Posted
9 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Mercury reporting a 40 million tag on him. No ****ing thank you. 


 

I think Celtic realize the rebuilding job ahead so it’s no surprise they’ll try and rinse us for every penny they can.

 

 

 

Thats not to question the ability of the player, of course

Posted
3 hours ago, MPH said:

 we finished 5th which is, actually, above average.

If we had been even close to average 2nd half of the season we’d have CL to look forward to. 

Posted
6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

If we had been even close to average 2nd half of the season we’d have CL to look forward to. 

of course. Bit the point still remains - we had an above average season.

Posted
21 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If you guys are going to play 3-5-2 I'd imagine in next to Ndidi but then you have the issue of where does Tielemans play. McGregor is the sort of player who would probably end up playing 25-35 games a season filling in across various positions mind you such is his versatility.

...I have always believed he would have been the midfield general alongside Ndidi!!!

Tielemans is an enigma and I still have my doubts, but rotating him and McGregor seems like a logical fix but in practice it won't happen. He offers something that the other central midfielders do not, leadership,and we are well short of that at the moment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...