Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

08/05 - Todays Games

Championship:

Kiernan Dewsbury-hall - starting for Luton vs QPR

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Nottingham Forest

Matty James - starting for Coventry vs Millwall

Admiral Muskwe - starting for Wycombe vs Middlesbrough

Josh Knight - not in the squad for Wycombe vs Middlesbrough - missing the game due to protocols regarding the head injury he sustained last weekend

George Hirst - not in the squad for Rotherham vs Cardiff - injured

Cheltenham (Callum Wright) play later on today at 3PM, with a chance to secure the title

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2

08/05 - Afternoon Game

League Two:

Callum Wright - starting for Cheltenham vs Harrogate

Cheltenham have a chance to secure the title!

I will do a full round up of today when this game is finished

• Thanks 1

Matty James stars for Coventry,  KDH stars for Luton , Josh Knight player of the season for Wycombe . There are doubts that they would not be good enough for our squad? Perhaps we are better than I think we are. We overrate and underrate far too many players around here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Matty James stars for Coventry,  KDH stars for Luton , Josh Knight player of the season for Wycombe . There are doubts that they would not be good enough for our squad? Perhaps we are better than I think we are. We overrate and underrate far too many players around here.

I'm confused by this post, can you elaborate on your thoughts?

It seemed like you thought a star player for a relegated championship team will be good enough to play for a team that wants to consistently challenge the top 6 of the Premier league, then you seemed to realise you were mental for thinking that. Then your final sentence really confused me :D

• Like 1

https://the72.co.uk/234625/luton-town-determined-to-sign-9-goal-assist-ace-again-want-to-do-a-deal-any-way-possible/

LUTON TOWN DETERMINED TO SIGN 9-GOAL/ASSIST ACE AGAIN – WANT TO DO A DEAL ‘ANY WAY POSSIBLE’
James Ray  @_jamesrray 10 Seconds Ago
Speaking to Luton Today, Luton Town boss Nathan Jones has said the club will try to bring Leicester City loan man Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall back “any way possible”.
The 22-year-old midfielder has been a big hit for the Hatters since arriving on loan last summer.

In just his second season of senior football, Dewsbury-Hall has successfully held down a starting spot with Luton Town.

He has notched up three goals and six assists in 40 outings for the club. The Leicester City loanee has played a part in all of Luton’s Championship games since November 7th, not missing a single match.

Now, with the season over, Dewsbury-Hall will be returning to the Foxes. It remains unknown as to what Brendan Rodgers has planned for the prodigy, but Luton are determined to bring him back.

Nathan Jones has expressed his desire to reunite with the central midfielder next season.

Speaking to Luton Today, Jones said get will be trying to get Dewsbury-Hall back to Kenilworth Road next season “any way possible”.

“Planning has already started for next year,” he said.

“If there’s any way possible that we can get him back in whatever way shape or form, then we will do that.

“I’m sure that we’re high on his priorities list. So if that’s something that can happen, we’re in as good a place as any.

“But when we take loans, when we take talented players, they usually develop at such a rate that it’s very difficult to see them again. That’s a credit to our environment.”

It will be interesting to see how the Luton loan favourite’s summer pans out over the course of the next few months.

While a decision is yet to be made, Dewsbury-Hall is among a group of Leicester loan starlets that will be assessed ahead of next season.

This is the second loan stint away from the King Power Stadium in which the Shepshed-born ace has impressed. In a half-season stint with Blackpool last campaign, Dewsbury-Hall netted four goals and laid on one assist in 10 outings.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm confused by this post, can you elaborate on your thoughts?

It seemed like you thought a star player for a relegated championship team will be good enough to play for a team that wants to consistently challenge the top 6 of the Premier league, then you seemed to realise you were mental for thinking that. Then your final sentence really confused me :D

To put it simply we overrate moderate continental wannabes and underrate our own players . I remember when James Justin was dismissed on here for not being good enough for the P.L. For every Kante there has been a Musa or a Ghezzal or Diabate. The three Leicester players I mentioned are long serving committed club men. Quite frankly some of the players who get mentioned on here as supposed targets are hopelessly inadequate. James would have probably took our midfield by the scruff of the neck last night and put some fight in them.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

To put it simply we overrate moderate continental wannabes and underrate our own players . I remember when James Justin was dismissed on here for not being good enough for the P.L. For every Kante there has been a Musa or a Ghezzal or Diabate. The three Leicester players I mentioned are long serving committed club men. Quite frankly some of the players who get mentioned on here as supposed targets are hopelessly inadequate. James would have probably took our midfield by the scruff of the neck last night and put some fight in them.

Before I make any judgements..is this hyperbole or your genuine thoughts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Before I make any judgements..is this hyperbole or your genuine thoughts?

Extremely genuine thoughts if we had played like we did last night against Coventry they would have beaten us.

Really pleased for Matty James, I don't know how they've been managing him in training / recovery between games but he seems to have been involved a lot since going there in what is a very demanding and physically brutal league. I know he has / had one hell of a contract with us but he is proving why you don't jack it in early. Seem to remember Gosling ex Everton and Newcastle having a similar if not quite as long run of injuries (24 games in 4 years at Newcastle)  but came back with Bournemouth for a good few years and now Watford, so it can be done. 

• Like 1

09/05 - Todays Game

League One:

Darnell Johnson - not in the squad for Wimbledon vs Lincoln

With Johnson not featuring today for Wimbledon, it means that all of our domestic loanees seasons are now finished (the only player with games left is Ghezzal)

I will put together a summary later on today of how all our loanees have got on this season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Langston said:

I didn't realise Sowah was notching that number of goals in the Belgian top flight, sounds promising.

He is eligible for a work permit now so Brendan will be able to have a good look at him over pre-season and see whether he can come in and be a good rotation player or needs another loan

• Like 2

Interesting stats there, Benkovic has had another year of standing still or worse, going backwards and Hirst with no goals or assists but 6.12 rating, what does he do "occupy his marker" or just jog around pointing a lot? Dewsbury Hall, Knight, James, Ghezzal, Wright, Iverson, Sowah and Johnson see to have had particularly beneficial times and suggest well matched host clubs / levels.