Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Loans - Out

Filip Benković to Cardiff - Season Long Loan (OS)

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Luton - Season Long Loan (OS)

Matty James to Barnsley - 0X/01/21 (OS)

Sam Hughes to Burton Albion - 0x/01/21 (OS)

Mitchell Clark to Port Vale - 0X/01/21 (OS)

Josh Knight to Wycombe Wanderers -  03/01/21 (OS)

Rachid Ghezzal to Beşiktaş - season long loan (OS)

Darnell Johnson to Wigan - 04/01/21 (OS)

Josh Eppiah to OH Leuven -  season long loan (OS)

George Hirst to Rotherham - Season long loan (OS)

Iversen to OH Leuven - season long loan

Kamal Sowah to OH Leuven - season long loan

Not a great day. - https://www.lcfc.com/news/1838893/three-foxes-loanees-in-action

Three Foxes Loanees In Action

Published 3 hrs 47 mins ago

A trio of young Leicester City players were all in loan action over the weekend for their adopted clubs, playing in England and Belgium.

- Kawal Sowah played 90 minutes for OH Leuven in their league defeat on Saturday
- Goalkeeper Daniel Iversen also started the Jupiler Pro League fixture, but was subbed due to injury
- George Hirst played his first minutes from the bench in a Rotherham United shirt
- The forward could not prevent the Sky Championship side falling to a first loss of the season

Kawal Sowah and Daniel Iversen both started for Oud-Heverlee Leuven in their 3-1 reverse against K.V. Oostende in the Jupiler Pro League last Saturday.

Winger Sowah, featuring in his sixth game of the season, played 90 minutes for the Belgian side, who were three goals down before netting a consolation 10 minutes from time at Versluys Arena.

Kawal Sowah was making his sixth appearance of the season for the Belgian top tier outfit.

Danish goalkeeper Iversen, 23, who joined Marc Brys' side on a season-long loan from the Foxes in August, was replaced in the 46th minute due to injury, with the score at 1-0.

OHL are playing in Belgium’s top tier for the first time since 2015/16 following their promotion and sit 10th in the table with eight points from their opening six games of the campaign.

Danish goalkeeper Daniel Iversen played the first half of OH Leuven's away defeat.

Elsewhere, George Hirst came on as 66th minute substitute to make his Rotherham United debut in a narrow 1-0 defeat at the hands of Millwall at the weekend.

The 21-year-old forward, who headed out last week after scoring for Leicester City's Development Squad in the EFL Trophy, could feature when the Millers face Birmingham City on Saturday 26 September.

Rotherham currently occupy 15th position in the Sky Bet Championship table, with three points from their opening two fixtures of the 2020/21 season.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1839346/striker-josh-eppiah-signs-new-deal-ahead-of-oh-leuven-loan/press-release

Striker Josh Eppiah Signs New Deal Ahead Of OH Leuven Loan
Development Squad striker Josh Eppiah has signed a new three-year contract with Leicester City ahead of a season-long loan deal with Jupiler Pro League side OH Leuven, subject to international clearance.
Josh Eppiah
- Youngster Josh Eppiah pens new three-year contract with Leicester City
- The 21-year-old will also join Belgian top-flight side OH Leuven on loan
- Belgian forward scored six times in all competitions for the Development Squad last term
- Foxes Academy graduate won the Club’s Goal of the Month award in October 2019

The 21-year-old scored six times in all competitions for the Development Squad last season, and will now continue his progress in his native Belgium with an OHL side who sit in seventh place in the top tier following promotion in 2019/20.

The Foxes Academy graduate won the Club’s Goal of the Month award in October 2019 after hitting a stunning 25-yard winner against Grimsby Town in the EFL Trophy.

Eppiah, who was called up to the Belgium Under-21s squad for a 4-1 win over Germany at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium earlier this month, will now link up with fellow City’s loanees Daniel Iversen and Kamal Sowah in Leuven.

The newly-promoted Belgian side currently sit 10th in the table after impressive victories over Waasland-Beveren and Standard Liège in recent weeks and are next in action when they travel to KAA Gent on Saturday 26 September.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Add Johnson going to Wigan to the list. A good move that I feel for him. Hopefully he can have a similar impact to Josh Knight in League one.

would be very surprised if he had the same impact as Josh Knight... or KD-Hall. 

Knight and KDH have always been much better footballers (technically & reading of the game) where as Johnson is just a big guy with pace who relies on his physical attributes (Ade Akinbaye in disguise??)....and his status as Heskeys nephew (LCFC media guys love a good story!)

Having said that, those attributes might serve him well in the lower divisions.... but i doubt he will ever be technically good enough to play in PL

On 30/09/2020 at 19:43, Foxy-Lady said:

would be very surprised if he had the same impact as Josh Knight... or KD-Hall. 

Knight and KDH have always been much better footballers (technically & reading of the game) where as Johnson is just a big guy with pace who relies on his physical attributes (Ade Akinbaye in disguise??)....and his status as Heskeys nephew (LCFC media guys love a good story!)

Having said that, those attributes might serve him well in the lower divisions.... but i doubt he will ever be technically good enough to play in PL

Absolutely agree with this, I've said it repeatedly Johnson is not a CB, his athleticism would lend itself to him being an option at RB, but he didn't seem interested In developing himself in that role. For me he was significantly behind Knight, Hughes and Elliott Moore as our development options for CB, Moore has moved on, I'm not really sure why Johnson is still here... Maybe he'll prove his worth at Wigan but I agree it would come as a surprise if he had the same impact as knight

Edited by nwl fox

6 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Key border  warriors at their  best, its laughable , you most probably  would  meet him in person and keep you opinions to yourself,  fair play to Johnson  you have the time to comnent

3 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

His on loan I believe  its foxes talk 

Eh? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Key border  warriors at their  best, its laughable , you most probably  would  meet him in person and keep you opinions to yourself,  fair play to Johnson  you have the time to comnent

Google translate didn't make sense of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve no idea what you’re going on about! :blink::D

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve no idea what you’re going on about! :blink::D

Clearly you dont, have a clue Johnson  is having the last laugh , you care to comment about him,  Google  is search engine you clearly have to much time  on your hands 

7 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

Clearly you dont, have a clue Johnson  is having the last laugh , you care to comment about him,  Google  is search engine you clearly have to much time  on your hands 

No, I actually have no idea what you are writing about. 

I could be agreeing with you but you’ve lost me. 

45 minutes ago, Lcfc1980 said:

A few fake footballers on here pundits, focus  on lcfc, I believe  this is their platform #foxestalk 

No offense, but it's difficult to understand what you're trying to communicate. Are you from Belgium?

• Thanks 1