Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

George Hirst, 0 goals in 27 appearances for Rotherham. We'll sell him  back to Sheffield Wednesday when they're struggling in League One next season.

He will score his 1 and only goal for Rotherham in the last minute of the last game of the season to win the game, helping Rotherham out of the relegation zone and relegating Derby (I hope)

Edited by moore_94

Also a few comments about him on the Preston forum, they have been really impressed by him and feel they would be in a much worse position without him, they are hoping they can get him back on loan next season

6403712B-4459-480D-8CB3-13878003B7C9.jpeg

EE3D9A19-C040-4ADF-956A-65BEC57E3C7C.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

George Hirst, 0 goals in 27 appearances for Rotherham. We'll sell him  back to Sheffield Wednesday when they're struggling in League One next season.

Doesn't do loans does he George, he was crap at Leuven as well. Yet we know he is much better than that and so do the club. Rodgers will have to have a good long talk to him when he gets back.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Koke said:

...appearances do not translate to many minutes!!!

Not getting the time on the pitch and 10 minutes here and there does not help anyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He has been capped at all age group levels and scored regularly for the U23s so we know he can do it. Something in his head is not right 

...I suspect it is more a stereotypical approach by managers with a player with his build!!!

He is good on the ground, holds the ball up, has good pace,tenacious and works hard for the team, lumping the balls upfront or just hitting the channels does not play to his skillset. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suspect it is more a stereotypical approach by managers with a player with his build!!!

He is good on the ground, holds the ball up, has good pace,tenacious and works hard for the team, lumping the balls upfront or just hitting the channels does not play to his skillset. 

Strikers are a strange lot, some of them are not great footballers at all ,Owen, Rush and especially Gerd Muller, but they just know when to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe George will discover that. I have hope because Iheanacho has.

• Like 1

21/04 - Tonights Games

Championship:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Reading - being shown on Sky Sports Red Button

Admiral Muskwe - starting for Wycombe vs Bristol City - being shown on Sky Sports Red Button

Matty James - on the bench for Coventry vs Stoke - being shown on Sky Sports Red Button

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Middlebrough - being shown on Sky Sports Football

Josh Knight - not in squad (suspended - 2 games left) for Wycombe vs Bristol City

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 2

21/04 - Tonights Results

Championship:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.7 - 90 mins) - Luton 0-0 Reading

Admiral Muskwe (6.8 - 79 mins) - Wycombe 2-1 Bristol City

Matty James (6.7 - 60 mins) - Coventry 3-2 Stoke

George Hirst (6.1 - 8 mins) - Rotherham 1-2 Middlebrough

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some of the comments here about Matty James are off colour.

Saw him last week before Coventry's game at Rotherham, he stopped for a chat for 5-10 minutes, spoke lovingly about us.

He's a really genuine guy who has had shocking injuries.

Got the impression he might have quit had he not been playing all season.

Hope he can fashion a longer, happy career wherever he ends up.

Let's not vilify one of the good guys.

I've always found the Matty James criticism a bit off.

He missed out on playing in a Premier League winning season. I'm sure he'd trade a few weeks wages for that.

Given the fact he's gone on three loan spells, he clearly wants to play football regularly.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

I've always found the Matty James criticism a bit off.

He missed out on playing in a Premier League winning season. I'm sure he'd trade a few weeks wages for that.

Given the fact he's gone on three loan spells, he clearly wants to play football regularly.

I think most people's comments are aimed more at the club, giving him a 4 year deal because he'd played a few games in a row for us was just plain dumb management, 2 years would have been fine its not Matty's fault, no one holds it against him he's simply not up to it here anymore, his body doesn't seem to let him

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 13:58, sacreblueits442 said:

So how on earth did he ever score for our U23s team....?!?!?

Would have thought Beagle-ball would have prepared him perfectly for that style of football.

i sometimes wonder if the amount of penalty's Hirst scores actually distorts peoples view of what a good player/goalscorer he is.

On paper his record looks decent....but without his "connections" and penalty's, i dont think he's anywhere near the player some folk seem to think he is.

Ive seen several better forwards of his age who weren't included in those England Yth squads and i do question whether George Hirst would have achieved any of that if his dad wasn't who he was

12 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

So how on earth did he ever score for our U23s team....?!?!?

Would have thought Beagle-ball would have prepared him perfectly for that style of football.

i sometimes wonder if the amount of penalty's Hirst scores actually distorts peoples view of what a good player/goalscorer he is.

On paper his record looks decent....but without his "connections" and penalty's, i dont think he's anywhere near the player some folk seem to think he is.

Ive seen several better forwards of his age who weren't included in those England Yth squads and i do question whether George Hirst would have achieved any of that if his dad wasn't who he was

12 goals in 22 games for our u23s last season, 5 of which were penalties

• Like 1

24/04 - Todays Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Coventry

Matty James - starting for Coventry vs Preston

Admiral Muskwe - starting for Wycombe vs Cardiff

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Barnsley

Josh Knight - not in squad (suspended - 1 game left) for Wycombe vs Cardiff

League One:

Darnell Johnson - not in squad for Wimbledon vs Ipswich

League Two:

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Colchester

• Thanks 2

24/04 - Todays Results

Championship:

Daniel Iversen (6.9 - 90 mins) - Preston 1-0 Coventry

Matty James (6.7 - 90 mins) - Coventry 0-1 Preston

Admiral Muskwe (6.5 - 76 mins) - Wycombe 1-2 Cardiff

George Hirst (6.1 - 32 mins) - Rotherham 0-1 Barnsley

League Two:

Callum Wright (6.8 - 14 mins) - Cheltenham 1-0 Colchester

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 21/04/2021 at 13:45, An Sionnach said:

Doesn't do loans does he George, he was crap at Leuven as well. Yet we know he is much better than that and so do the club. Rodgers will have to have a good long talk to him when he gets back.

I think if Rodgers showed him the door he'd miss. 

• Haha 3