Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

There's lots of things that can be defined as an 'absolute disgrace' in football, to which I don't object.

I really do object, though, when people use such strong language about a player who was actually very good for us getting a contract extension. 'With his injury record' forgets that he signed the contract after recovering from an ACL injury. That was his only major injury issue up to August 2017 when the deal was signed. His future injuries were achilles tendon injuries, AFAIK, and as another poster points out he was hospitalised with something completely out of his control. He came back at the start of 2017-18 under Shakespeare and looked really rather good, and the club wanted to reward its player. It's no different to Iheanacho getting a contract after a run of half a dozen goalscoring games.

We are not a charity, I agree, but King Power and the football club have cultivated a culture in which we look after our own and recognise the contributions people have made to our journey. We don't have many injury prone players at the club because we have one of the finest medical and sports science teams in the country, and have done for years. James was extraordinarily unlucky and has been very good in all three of his Championship loan spells, to a point where it looks completely undeniable that if he had stayed fit throughout he'd have been a very decent Premier League player, likely in City blue.

A 4 year contract for a guy that had played 1 game in the previous 2 years was an absolute joke imo. A 1 year/2 maximum to prove his fitness/worth i could understand but the length of it considering hes on reportedly 35k a week for a pretty average player when hes fit was ridiculous.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I'm sorry that new deal for Matty James was absolute bum ting. I was glad he was kept around to see if he could still cut it but not for 4 years man, about as unpalatable a 4 years as the Donald Trump reign. 

I remember posting on here what a good deal it was for us lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I'm sorry that new deal for Matty James was absolute bum ting. I was glad he was kept around to see if he could still cut it but not for 4 years man, about as unpalatable a 4 years as the Donald Trump reign. 

I think that it's been said that Matty James is one of the good guys. The other players, it seems, like having him around and his wages might have been money well spent for team spirit (smells like). 

Just now, Spudulike said:

I think that it's been said that Matty James is one of the good guys. The other players, it seems, like having him around and his wages might have been money well spent for team spirit (smells like). 

£30k a week to be a drivers mate is some going

• Haha 2

Could Matty do the job Mendy does for us at the moment. Mendy is plenty good enough for regular starts. He is 28 he may well want to get more game time. James is one year older but would be quite happy to be a bench player. We know he is a quality footballer and at long last he seems healthy. None of this may happen but I would be quite happy if it did.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Could Matty do the job Mendy does for us at the moment. Mendy is plenty good enough for regular starts. He is 28 he may well want to get more game time. James is one year older but would be quite happy to be a bench player. We know he is a quality footballer and at long last he seems healthy. None of this may happen but I would be quite happy if it did.

No. Mendy isn’t a world beater but a lot better than Matty James. James is a decent Championship player when fit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The problem for James is, if he plays in the Championship he somehow stays fit. As soon as he has to step it up at PL level the intensity breaks him immediately.

• Like 1

20/04 - Tonights Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Derby - Being shown on Sky Sports Red Button

League One:

Darnell Johnson - not in squad for Wimbledon vs Oxford Utd

League Two:

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Stevenage

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

20/04 - Tonights Games

Championship:

Daniel Iversen - starting for Preston vs Derby

League One:

Darnell Johnson - not in squad for Wimbledon vs Oxford Utd

League Two:

Callum Wright - on the bench for Cheltenham vs Stevenage

thank you so much for the continued updates. I always look out for them and I find them really helpful.

• Like 3