Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tranmere Rovers Trust

Worthington Cup Final 2000 Leicester City Badge from on pitch v Tranmere Rovers

9 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

The club should make a donation and purchase this. 

Agreed, would be good in the future museum that has been rumoured. It might be worth the Tranmere Rovers Trust bringing it to their attention. After all the clubs pockets will likely be deeper than individual fans

Good luck with the fundraising. 

Seeing that just reminds me of meeting my brother off the coach at Wembley car park. I didn’t have a ticket to the match so watched it in a pub right next to the stadium. My brother was really pissed after the coach ride and fell asleep for most of the game! I should have had his ticket! 😂 

Edited by SydenhamFox

On 23/09/2020 at 20:38, Tranmere Rovers Trust said:

Will find out the size tomorrow approx 6 x 6M.

Could someone please point me in the right direction Re club contact in case they maybe interested in buying?

At present we have a bid of £100.

Many Thanks

[email protected] should be able to point you in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Now I'm not one for buying into stereotypes about scousers, perish the thought, but how come you've got our flag?

That was our 7th Wembley appearance in 10 years and 3rd League Cup final in 4 years - we'd probably ran out of room for them lol

16 hours ago, Tranmere Rovers Trust said:

It has been at Prenton Park for now close on 20 years, not to sure how the whole pitch banner ended up back with ourselves.

It has basically been left under one of the stands since  then and never used so we thought let’s utilise the Trfc badge in the currently empty stadium and see if the Leicester badge can go to a good home and at the same time put some monies into the local Foodbank helping those less fortunate.

It might also be worth a tweet to the LCFC players that played in the game, they might buy it and donate it to the club.. I reckon you can get a lot more than £100 given the good cause

On 23/09/2020 at 20:38, Tranmere Rovers Trust said:

Will find out the size tomorrow approx 6 x 6M.

Could someone please point me in the right direction Re club contact in case they maybe interested in buying?

At present we have a bid of £100.

Many Thanks

Do not take £100 quid for this. I'm pretty certain once the club get wind they will be far more generous than a poxy £100. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Japanfox said:

That's a bit of history there,. I'm sure someone like myself would buy it ....you know when the wife isn't looking.....lol

Bug a great thing for your community good luck with that and good wishes too.  Fans together!!!!!

Haha was just thinking the same.

whats the bid at the moment and when’s the deadline?

Bet it weighs a bit, I presume postage would have to be taking in to consideration. 

This would be good for a local pub maybe, saying that, with the current state of the pub industry this is probably not a priority. 

If a normal person buys this surely they'll be putting it into storage which is a shame, unless you've got loads of space to lay it out. 

Also looks like it needs a scrub, will it likely come up as new with a bit of cleaning?

Edited by Collymore