Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jeffschlupp

The 25 Man Squad

48 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Posted in another thread but applies here also: 

Reports in France say Slimani has been registered in our 25-man squad 

I find that somewhat dubious, reason being the PL squad doesn't have to be declared until the end of next week. If they mean the EL squad then its even less likely as we can only name 24 players in it, 23 of Dewsbury-Hall is loaned out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I find that somewhat dubious, reason being the PL squad doesn't have to be declared until the end of next week. If they mean the EL squad then its even less likely as we can only name 24 players in it, 23 of Dewsbury-Hall is loaned out.

Yeah agreed, I think given the timing he is most likely referring to the EL squad. It’s possible we are leaving out some of the injured players for the group stage, maybe even Ricardo?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

No Gray and no Amartey. 24 players registered including Dewsbury-Hall.

Ndidi being in probably means they think he has a chance of playing in MD6 at worst, and Ricardo being in is similarly good news. No Slimani, Benkovic, James as expected.

Edited by jeffschlupp

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Bizarre we have included Ndidi, literally a waste of a spot for either Gray or Slimani.

I think I saw a Rodgers quote saying they expected him back in training in 5-6 weeks (that was after his surgery), so he'll probably be back on the pitches in mid-November time if all goes well. The last 6 weeks or so of his recovery will be building up the strength and resilience of his groin and the rest of his leg. If he has managed to keep working to a good level of general fitness in spite of his injury, he might not take that long to recover (as we saw with his knee injury in January).

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

No Gray and no Amartey. 24 players registered including Dewsbury-Hall.

Ndidi being in probably means they think he has a chance of playing in MD6 at worst, and Ricardo being in is similarly good news. No Slimani, Benkovic, James as expected.

Presumably because he will be loaned out to the EFL - probably until January, to try and build up a bit of a value, for a sale in the January window (when he still has a bit left on his contract).

Possibly because his injury is bad (or not yet diagnosed) - and it's better to have the certainty of Dewsbury-Hall's availability.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Thomas will be on the B list which I'm not sure has been added yet.

Ah yes, I forgot there is a B list, to cover for injuries etc.  Amartey, Gray and Slimani (if that French report this morning is right) could be on that, along with Thomas.

Just now, Outfox the Fox said:

Ah yes, I forgot there is a B list, to cover for injuries etc.  Amartey, Gray and Slimani (if that French report this morning is right) could be on that, along with Thomas.

The B list is only for academy-trained U21 players (anyone born 1999 or later for 2020-21) - Amartey, Gray and Slimani are not eligible.

3 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Presumably because he will be loaned out to the EFL - probably until January, to try and build up a bit of a value, for a sale in the January window (when he still has a bit left on his contract).

Possibly because his injury is bad (or not yet diagnosed) - and it's better to have the certainty of Dewsbury-Hall's availability.

Agree on the reason for Amartey's exclusion, although I hope it's not the case. Can't see a Champ side taking Gray on 50k+ a week. KDH's inclusion has no bearing on them not being included - KDH takes an otherwise 'free' slot as a club-trained, home-grown player. I'd have expected Ndidi to have made way due to his long-term injury. It all leaves us a little short at CB if we want to stick with 3atb.

• Like 1

Im guessing;

Amartey is injured quite badly. Benkovic is going out on loan to a championship club. It’s too early for Thomas to be used in Europe. James will go out on loan to a championship club (if fitness proved). Slimani just isn’t in the picture. The interesting one is Gray! - Hopefully we might be using him to use in a deal with a championship player swap 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙏🏼. Or we’re just punishing him for not signing a new deal 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Im guessing;

Amartey is injured quite badly. Benkovic is going out on loan to a championship club. It’s too early for Thomas to be used in Europe. James will go out on loan to a championship club (if fitness proved). Slimani just isn’t in the picture. The interesting one is Gray! - Hopefully we might be using him to use in a deal with a championship player swap 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙏🏼. Or we’re just punishing him for not signing a new deal 🤷🏻‍♂️

Swapping Gray (with a bit of cash on top) for a promising championship player like Benrahma or Cantwell sounds great in principle. But Gray's wages will be the stumbling block. This is what makes shifting unwanted PL squad players so difficult....

14 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Has the opportunity to go this window but turned it down. He will be running down his contract and we will get no fee for him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Im guessing;

I'm guessing/hoping Rogers has realised that he's garbage thats wy he's not included.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Has the opportunity to go this window but turned it down. He will be running down his contract and we will get no fee for him. 

Not surprising. He clearly feels wronged, no sense of loyalty (why should he) or just wants what is best for himself personally.

Take it on the chin and he leaves for free next summer.:surrender:

7 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  So just Thomas and ...... who else ?

As in the OP, there's a few in the U23s that count. Leshabela, Shade, Tavares, Wright, Stolarczyk among the major ones - Ndukwu and Muskwe are too old; more recent U23 signings like Reghba, Hulme, Clark, Daley-Campbell and O'Connor haven't been here long enough to count AFAIK.

I would expect if we have a good start to the group and we perhaps seal qualification early (like in the CL) we might see one or two make a debut against AEK Athens in matchday 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Same, presume the injury is pretty bad based on his exclusion. Poor guy. 

Yeah considering Ndidi & Ricardo's inclusion.