Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jeffschlupp

The 25 Man Squad

16 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Gray goes to Brentford on loan with Saïd Benrahma coming to us for permanent transfer 

works well everyone and gray get playing time and run down his contract 

Apart for Brentford who don't get their transfer fee.

Benrahama who doesn't get the 70k a week transfer hes after.

And Gray who wants to play in the Premier league.

Works for leicester mind.

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Apart for Brentford who don't get their transfer fee.

Benrahama who doesn't get the 70k a week transfer hes after.

And Gray who wants to play in the Premier league.

Works for leicester mind.

Why won’t Brentford won’t get a fee ? 

We have to pay Brentford for benrahama with a discount obviously as gray going on loan 

wages is a separate matter 

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Brentford want 25m+ for him. I misread what you said but I dont think we have that cash available.

We could offset £10m using Gray but can't see him agreeing to take a drop in wages while seeing Benrahma go the other way on more than he is currently on. I think the only way we move Gray on is through a loan with us subsiding his wages. At least that would enable him to put himself in the shop window.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Im guessing;

Amartey is injured quite badly. Benkovic is going out on loan to a championship club. It’s too early for Thomas to be used in Europe. James will go out on loan to a championship club (if fitness proved). Slimani just isn’t in the picture. The interesting one is Gray! - Hopefully we might be using him to use in a deal with a championship player swap 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙏🏼. Or we’re just punishing him for not signing a new deal 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's not too early for Thomas in Europe. He doesn't have to be listed in the 25-man squad as he is a home-grown u21 player. There may be one or two easy or dead-rubber games in the group stage which could be perfect for a player like Thomas to feature in.

Edited by Raw Dykes

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Has he been given a pay rise since he arrived? He hasn't extended his contract in that time, obviously, and he's done **** all in that time to warrant an increase.

I think he did sign an extension, the last time his other one was lapsing we had all the rumours of Spurs interest and we offered him a new one. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think he did sign an extension, the last time his other one was lapsing we had all the rumours of Spurs interest and we offered him a new one. 

He signed in jan 15/16 so 5 years takes him to this jan. surely would have been a 5 1/2 year deal. Not sure why we would give him an increase without any extension ?? 

On 06/10/2020 at 10:07, jeffschlupp said:

THE PL SQUAD:-

GK 1. Schmeichel (AT)

GK 2. Ward (AT)

GK 3. Jakupović

CB 4. Evans (AT)

CB 5. Söyüncü

6. Fofana (U21 for PL)

CB 7. Morgan (AT)

CB 8. Amartey

FB 9. Ricardo

FB 10. Castagne

FB 11. Justin (AT)

FB 12. Fuchs

MF 13. Ndidi

MF 14. Mendy

MF 15. Choudhury (CT)

MF 16. Tielemans

MF 17. Praet

MF 18. Maddison (AT)

WI 19. Ünder

WI 20. Barnes (CT)

21. Gray (AT)

WI 22. Albrighton (AT)

FW 23. Vardy (AT)

FW 24. Iheanacho

FW 25. Pérez

AT = association-trained

CT = club-trained

Who misses out on the squad?

The following players are over-21 and not club-trained, so will likely leave:

- Filip Benković - Championship loan?

- Matty James - may just see out final year of contract, but could take a loan?

Islam Slimani ? 

In addition, the club has the following club-trained O21 players;- 

- Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - seems likely to stay now as 25th PL senior player

- Layton Ndukwu

- Admiral Muskwe

The B list?

There are several players eligible for naming on the B list in the Premier League:-

- Khanya Leshabela

- Jakub Stolarczyk/Oliver Bosworth (GK cover)

- Callum Wright

- Sidnei Tavares

- Tyrese Shade

- Terell Pennant

I guess the only debate now for the 25 man PL squad, is if Gray is in it (and still at the club having not been shipped out to the EFL).  If he isn't, that will be the place for Slimani (if the French / Danny Simpson rumours are true).  Dewsbury-Hall will probably pick up the Fofana (Under 21) 'place'.

On 30/09/2020 at 17:23, BrummieFOX said:

We seriously need another Striker.

Absolutely. One injury and we’re done for. Reminds me of Svens England when he named just 4 strikers for Germany 2006 including Rooney with a broken foot, 17yo  unproven Walcott and injury prone Owen, who inevitably twisted his knee vs Portugal. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 14:03, Outfox the Fox said:

I guess the only debate now for the 25 man PL squad, is if Gray is in it (and still at the club having not been shipped out to the EFL).  If he isn't, that will be the place for Slimani (if the French / Danny Simpson rumours are true).  Dewsbury-Hall will probably pick up the Fofana (Under 21) 'place'.

With Dewsbury-Hall now going to Luton, we could have a second spare place in the PL squad.  I suppose, if we manage to sell or loan Gray to a Championship club (a big if !), it could mean an incoming player would be able to be included in the squad.  Or 2, if Slim is also jettisoned (by sale, loan or 'demotion').

On 11/10/2020 at 04:10, oxtonfox said:

Absolutely. One injury and we’re done for. Reminds me of Svens England when he named just 4 strikers for Germany 2006 including Rooney with a broken foot, 17yo  unproven Walcott and injury prone Owen, who inevitably twisted his knee vs Portugal. 

I think rodgers is content with Nacho, Perez, Slim and barnes for cover. I wouldnt want a squad filling striker, but I am concerned we havent gone for a young prodigy that we could start to bed in for the day Vardy slows down.  

Perhaps rodgers rates iheanacho more than it appears, because if not is seems strange that he wouldnt have made this a key area to reinforce 

17 hours ago, bald reynard said:

With Dewsbury-Hall now going to Luton, we could have a second spare place in the PL squad.  I suppose, if we manage to sell or loan Gray to a Championship club (a big if !), it could mean an incoming player would be able to be included in the squad.  Or 2, if Slim is also jettisoned (by sale, loan or 'demotion').

Reading the runes (and taking note of what Abrasive Fox said), I think it almost certain that Gray will be staying today - and no one else will be coming in.  Also, if the rumours about BR giving Slimani another chance are true, he will probably be in the 25 man squad.  So with Dewsbury-Hall going (and Fofana being an Under 21 player) the PL squad is pretty sorted:-

G: Schmeichel, Ward & Jakupovic (3)

D: Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan, Amartey, Castagne, Justin, Ricardo & Fuchs (8)

M: Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Under, Barnes, Albrighton & Gray (10)

A: Vardy, Ihaenacho, Perez & Slimani (4)

With Fofana as an Under 21 - together with anyone else we've got left after today (Thomas etc)!

Edited by Outfox the Fox

21 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Reading the runes (and taking note of what Abrasive Fox said), I think it almost certain that Gray will be staying today - and no one else will be coming in.  Also, if the rumours about BR giving Slimani another chance are true, he will probably be in the 25 man squad.  So with Dewsbury-Hall going (and Fofana being an Under 21 player) the PL squad is pretty sorted:-

G: Schmeichel, Ward & Jakupovic (3)

D: Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan, Amartey, Castagne, Justin, Ricardo & Fuchs (8)

M: Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Under, Barnes, Albrighton & Gray (10)

A: Vardy, Ihaenacho, Perez & Slimani (4)

With Fofana as an Under 21 - together with anyone else we've got left after today (Thomas etc)!

Looks like you're right. With what Rodgers said about Slim yesterday and the fact they won't want Gray sitting on his arse for a season , that will be the PL squad. 

Following on from @Outfox the Fox's post, here's the final 25 man squad as expected:

The squad (PL):

GK 1. Schmeichel (AT)

GK 2. Ward (AT)

GK 3. Jakupović

CB 4. Evans (AT)

CB 5. Söyüncü

CB 6. Morgan (AT)

CB 7. Amartey

FB 8. Ricardo

FB 9. Castagne

FB 10. Justin (AT)

FB 11. Fuchs

MF 12. Ndidi

MF 13. Mendy

MF 14. Choudhury (CT)

MF 15. Tielemans

MF 16. Praet

MF 17. Maddison (AT)

WI 18. Ünder

WI 19. Barnes (CT)

WI 20. Gray (AT)

WI 21. Albrighton (AT)

FW 22. Vardy (AT)

FW 23. Iheanacho

FW 24. Slimani

FW 25. Pérez

U21. Fofana

U21. Thomas

AT = association-trained

CT = club-trained

Missing out in the EL (confirmed): Three players (23-man limit due to lack of CT players) - Daniel Amartey, Demarai Gray, and Islam Slimani. Note that Fofana has to be registered in the 25 man squad here (as he is not academy-trained), hence why three have missed out.

Missing out in the PL (TBC on or around 20 October): No one - only 25 seniors there

As overage players (born 1998), Layton Ndukwu and Admiral Muskwe will be ineligible to play any part for the first team if they were to be required.

The B list?

For the Premier League, all U21s (i.e. born 1999 or younger) can be named on an unlimited length 'B list' and will be eligible for selection.

For the Europa League, a player may be registered on the unlimited List B if he is U21 and has been at the club for at least two years. From the current U23 crop, this includes Stolarczyk, Bosworth, Nelson, Wright, Tavares, McAteer, Leshabela, Arlott-John, Flynn, Shade and Pennant.

• Thanks 3