Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jeffschlupp

The 25 Man Squad

Europa League squads need to be submitted by midnight tonight, so if we do sign any EFL players after today they will not be able to feature in the group stages for us at all.

I do not seem to be able to find anything regarding the Premier League squad registration deadline, but I would imagine it would probably be the 17th October

Edited by moore_94

Surely as Fogana is under 21 for PL registration purposes that leaves one spare place? Presumably Matty James or Slimani will be given a squad place unless we sign someone over 21 from EFL in the next two weeks (and assuming nobody else leaves in the opposite direction)

As far as EL is concerned i suspect Ndidi, as he is out injured until December anyway and Jakupovic will be left out as per the OP, on the assumption that we can update/change the squad following the January window should we qualify from the group stages.

10 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Surely as Fogana is under 21 for PL registration purposes that leaves one spare place? Presumably Matty James or Slimani will be given a squad place unless we sign someone over 21 from EFL in the next two weeks (and assuming nobody else leaves in the opposite direction)

As far as EL is concerned i suspect Ndidi, as he is out injured until December anyway and Jakupovic will be left out as per the OP, on the assumption that we can update/change the squad following the January window should we qualify from the group stages.

Yes, there is one spare PL place. I would imagine that is most likely to go to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall as he can also be registered in the Europa League. James is also a possibility as you say, but I think Slimani is almost certainly not going to be included given Rodgers has completely frozen him out of the first team.

And yes, the squad can be changed in January if we qualify.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Yes, there is one spare PL place. I would imagine that is most likely to go to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall as he can also be registered in the Europa League. James is also a possibility as you say, but I think Slimani is almost certainly not going to be included given Rodgers has completely frozen him out of the first team.

And yes, the squad can be changed in January if we qualify.

Yes personally i can't see Slim getting anywhere near the squad. Suspect that he will be required to maintain fitness by training with the U23s (don't think anyone wants him near the first team, especially the players). Hopefully we can get him moved on in January. I know he can hang around and go for a free next summer, but the longer he is without a club at his age, the less likely it is that he will find one, so would have thought it in his best interest to take any decent offer he gets .

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Europa League squads need to be submitted by midnight tonight, so if we do sign any EFL players after today they will not be able to feature in the group stages for us at all.

I do not seem to be able to find anything regarding the Premier League squad registration deadline, but I would imagine it would probably be the 17th October

Given these lists -- and yes, it is weird that we might end up having a player eligible for Europa League but not for Premier League (but handy for away trips to the Ukraine) -- it doesn't give the club much wiggle room to improve the squad in January, unless there are outgoings. I can see Gray moving on, just so we can get a fee, and possibly Fuchs (he'd be able to start the season in MLS, and if Luke Thomas and Fofana step up, there really is no need for him). But no one else is obvious.

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

For the uninformed, What has Slimani actually done to justify being frozen out?

Going back to the original spilt tea, he and Vardy got into it after the respective wives fell out... Don't know the validity of the story but sounds about right. In turn it spilled into the dressing room. 

Hopefully not a bad transfer market but not going for and getting Ollie Watkins is a shame.

If he's gone to a team that may well be battling relegation again then i am sure he'd have come to us! That said, the recruitment team and BR know more and better than me so obviously feel like we don't need another goal scoring Striker.

When i say goal scoring striker, i mean some one who could at least attempt to fill Vardy's boots should he be injured etc. I like Nacho but couldn't rely upon him to bag goal after goal.

Edited by adejo92

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Taking off your Leicester hat though, would it be better to sit on our bench for a season or to be the 1st choice at Villa. With a manager he already knows and likes. 

If youre a goal scorer you want to be playing especially after the season he just had. Good move for him and them

Yup, i completely agree in respects of coming here, you are Vardy's back up - Going Villa, and carrying on as he is, he's likely to be a hero there!

The selfish me would still have liked to have seen him though!

I guess getting anyone better than Nacho - Who is happy to play now and again - would prove very difficult.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Yup, i completely agree in respects of coming here, you are Vardy's back up - Going Villa, and carrying on as he is, he's likely to be a hero there!

The selfish me would still have liked to have seen him though!

I guess getting anyone better than Nacho - Who is happy to play now and again - would prove very difficult.

I’m disappointed we didn’t buy a young striker we could loan out to develop for the season. Much like Chelsea’s have done with Saar. 

If we get caught napping with Vardys replacement we could end up in all sorts of trouble. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I’m disappointed we didn’t buy a young striker we could loan out to develop for the season. Much like Chelsea’s have done with Saar. 

If we get caught napping with Vardys replacement we could end up in all sorts of trouble. 

With Vardy ageing and thus becoming more prone to injuries and fitness lapses - should we be without him for any period of time - where would our goals come from? That's a real worry for me.

I know we have players who can score, Maddison, Nacho etc but i don't think we would get the goals required to keep us battling for Europa / Champs League spots.

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

With Vardy ageing and thus becoming more prone to injuries and fitness lapses - should we be without him for any period of time - where would our goals come from? That's a real worry for me.

I know we have players who can score, Maddison, Nacho etc but i don't think we would get the goals required to keep us battling for Europa / Champs League spots.

100% it’s not even just the goals. Our strategy starts with Vardys press. We’ve already seen that Nacho and Perez don’t operate like that. 

If he was out for a while I genuinely think the best option would be to play Barnes there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

100% it’s not even just the goals. Our strategy starts with Vardys press. We’ve already seen that Nacho and Perez don’t operate like that. 

If he was out for a while I genuinely think the best option would be to play Barnes there. 

Which is all the more concerning we have no real alternative to Barnes on the left wing should he go up front.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Which is all the more concerning we have no real alternative to Barnes on the left wing should he go up front.

I’ve said it a million times but sign Benhrama. 25m isn’t a ridiculous fee and he can cover all across the front. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve said it a million times but sign Benhrama. 25m isn’t a ridiculous fee and he can cover all across the front. 

Someone will be along no doubt to say we're bigger and better than signing Championship players, especially ones which cost £25m and won't be regular starters.

[Gerrrimin!]

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Someone will be along no doubt to say we're bigger and better than signing Championship players, especially ones which cost £25m and won't be regular starters.

[Gerrrimin!]

Supposely wants 60+ pw over 5 yrs. That's a bit steep until he proves he can do it in the PL. Sure we could work something out but Brentford will have serious problems if they can't move him in this window. They will have to be reasonable about their price. Saw their manager talking about raising his price after he had a great game. What a load of crap. Anything above 25 is crazy. Unless it's a loan w/option. :cool:

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

[Gerrrimin!]

Yup for sure. Forgetting we plucked maguire and madison from there in recent seasons. 

The gap between the 2 leagues isn’t what it once was. 

21 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Have the club listed their submitted Europa squad yet ?  I haven't seen it announced anywhere and I thought it had to be registered with UEFA by midnight last night.

21 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

This will be the page when it is updated.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

14 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Really strange, that we're nearly a day past the deadline for Europa squads and no announcements (from any club or UEFA)!

We were probably 14 seconds late with our squad submission. lol