Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.1

Total Average Rating

179 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wesley Fofana 8.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Dennis Praet 6.1
  4. Manager Confidence 97% -1%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 25/10/20
Voting Ends: 28/10/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Wesley Fofana
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Christian Fuchs
  5. Timothy Castagne
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Nampalys Mendy
  8. James Justin
  9. Dennis Praet
  10. James Maddison
  11. Harvey Barnes
  12. Jamie Vardy (sub)
  13. Cengiz Ünder (sub)
  14. Marc Albrighton (sub)

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Schmeichel. Third minute. Appalling & very lucky.

Am I the only one that both appreciates what he’s done for us and yet craves a goalkeeper that can catch a cross and has industry standard distribution skills?

Nope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Am I the only one that both appreciates what he’s done for us and yet craves a goalkeeper that can catch a cross and has industry standard distribution skills?

He does let himself down at some points but he absolutely makes up for it other times.

Realistically though, replacing him will be an interesting task. He's only 33 and could easily have another 5 seasons left in him, maybe more. He's the No 1 here and the whole department is set up around him. But the time to start preparing for his successor is now, and I imagine our scouting department already has a list of young keepers to go for when the time is right

Just now, mazarron fox said:

This , have been very impressed by him this season

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

Don't say it.

245.gif

Kanté-esque.

image.png.06761de2ff86b10456ac5dc6c0f52fc7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kasper - 5 - Didn't have much to do because of Arsenals atrocious finishing. Distribution left us in a tight spot a few times. Big save from Bellerin just before the goal.

Fofana - 8 - MOTM - The lad is genuinely brilliant isn't he? So composed on the ball and a near perfect display but for diving in a couple of times. One of the first to celebrate to goal as well. Love it.

Evans - 6 - Don't think he's fully fit at the moment but still very solid. Put in a great tackle at one point IIRC.

Fuchs - 5 - Think he was our worst outfield player and his passing was off. Still did well considering he had Aubameyang to contend with. Put Lacazette off for a simple tap in as well.

Castagne - 6 - Think Tierney got the better of him in the first half but he's still showed some moments of serious quality.

Justin - 6 - I think he did as well as could be expected. I don't particularly think he's a left wing back and it shows now and then. Got forward well though and should have got Bellerin sent off.

Mendy - 7 - Say it quietly but player of the season so far for me. Having a real good time in midfield right now and we need him to. Never gives the opponent a chance.

Praet - 6 - Quiet game. Should have made the pass to Maddison in the 2nd half. Solid. Very "Dennis Praet".

Tielemans - 7 - Bless him he can't run but he can't half pick out a pass. Sensational quality to win us the game.

Maddison - 7 - Not quite fully fit but we've missed him in midfield. Doesn't suit the striker role or "false 9". Made Partey look daft multiple times.

Barnes - 5 - Harsh because it's not his normal role but he didn't impact the game as a striker. Much better when Vardy came on and he was back to left wing but he shouldn't play up front on his own.

Vardy - 7 - Didn't do much but still got the all important goal. Should probably have had 2 to be fair.

Albrighton - 6 - Lovely pass to put Vardy away for what should have been the 2nd goal.

Under - 7 - Can't express how difficult that cross actually is. He made it look easy. Really want to see him starting games.

Under:

Give him a start in place of who?

Yes he is definitely an excellent signing, but who can you drop to the bench?

Likewise, when Ndidi is fit to play, how can you drop Mendy the way he is playing every game?

Ditto Soyuncho?  Drop Fofana????  Drop Evans????  

I don't envy Brendan who has some difficult choices to make.

I think the one easy decision will be to bring back Ricardo once he is fit again.

Edited by bluebeau
To add more opinions.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

The gk in question is obvious !! Uğurcan Çakır!! Top quality young keeper the club have scouted and want as long term successor. I do find it strange kasper distribution is still rubbish after all these years though. 

8 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

The gk in question is obvious !! Uğurcan Çakır!! Top quality young keeper the club have scouted and want as long term successor. I do find it strange kasper distribution is still rubbish after all these years though. 

Obvious to you maybe! I'd not heard of him before your post @Heymister2015. Wondered at first - forgive me - if you were simply jumping on the Turkish bandwagon, but can see he's a prospect. Has there been any link to support your assertion above?

I like the look of the Leeds keeper...

12 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Obvious to you maybe! I'd not heard of him before your post @Heymister2015. Wondered at first - forgive me - if you were simply jumping on the Turkish bandwagon, but can see he's a prospect. Has there been any link to support your assertion above?

I like the look of the Leeds keeper...

Congerton has been scouting him! Was mention led last season. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Congerton has been scouting him! Was mention led last season. 

Nothing wrong with looking but those wishing to open Pandoras Box should be very careful. Grass is always greener and all that.

On 26/10/2020 at 12:43, bluebeau said:

Under:

Give him a start in place of who?

Yes he is definitely an excellent signing, but who can you drop to the bench?

Likewise, when Ndidi is fit to play, how can you drop Mendy the way he is playing every game?

Ditto Soyuncho?  Drop Fofana????  Drop Evans????  

I don't envy Brendan who has some difficult choices to make.

I think the one easy decision will be to bring back Ricardo once he is fit again.

Sounds like one of those good problems:scarf: