Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Brendan - trophy winner or not?

Brendan - trophy winner or not?   

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win a trophy with Brendan?

Should we expect to win one? It's a tall order when you think of the squads some of the other teams have and that we are in Europe as well. No competition is taken lightly anymore and it's the only chance for so called big clubs like United, Chelsea, Arsenal to realistically win a trophy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sadly I think he will be taken off us this season by one of the big boys. I can see an Arsenal or Chelsea coming in for him if thry are struggling. He's obviously highly rated within the game and we are fortunate to have him here. 

I know you have the inside dope but don't think he'll pull a Celtic here. Just doesn't feel like the same situation. Unless of course something is going on behind the scenes that will make us uncompetitive for the top 6 or top 4.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I know you have the inside dope but don't think he'll pull a Celtic here. Just doesn't feel like the same situation. Unless of course something is going on behind the scenes that will make us uncompetitive for the top 6 or top 4.

Well if he read some of the comments on here he would be off like a shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

The argument that we look dreadful under him at times doesn't really hold much vodka when you consider how much more dreadful we looked under all his predecessors since (manager of your choice).

I think one of the problems with our supporters is one of intake as well as volume when it comes to Vodka and Rodgers managing abilities.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I don't mean this in that I want it to happen obviously but I know someone who worked with him day in day out who said he was obsessed with managing Arsenal in particular at some point, not sure why.

Just now, themightyfin said:

Well if he read some of the comments on here he would be off like a shot. 

I would think you'd have to have a very thick skin to be a Football manager at this level. Why on earth would Rodgers listen to any of the morons on here. Myself included of course.

No reason we can't although I voted no as I question our mentality in the biggest of games. Last season we seemed to freeze anytime we were close to the prize (Villa in the cup, United games, Liverpool and Man City). Although we've come some way in improving this recently I still feel we're some way short. I think Rodgers sees these kind of games as a way to showcase what he thinks is his amazing tactical nous. 

I'd love to see us win something under Brendan but feel he'd have to adapt his approach further to achieve it

• Like 1

A trophy every couple of decades is this club's historical speed, and lately a few much richer clubs hog them all.  So of course the odds are against.  FFS

I think we've got a better chance with Brendan than any other manager we're likely to get.  That's a more reasonable way to look at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No reason we can't although I voted no as I question our mentality in the biggest of games. Last season we seemed to freeze anytime we were close to the prize (Villa in the cup, United games, Liverpool and Man City). Although we've come some way in improving this recently I still feel we're some way short. I think Rodgers sees these kind of games as a way to showcase what he thinks is his amazing tactical nous. 

I'd love to see us win something under Brendan but feel he'd have to adapt his approach further to achieve it

I think he is showing promising signs this season in terms of adapting tbf. It's taken me by surprise in all honesty.

Villa agreed was poor but games against the Man City's and Liverpools of this world we'll get beat 9 times out of 10 that's just the way the food chain works. That aside, wins over Man City, Arsenal can't be ignored either. If yu look at Rodgers recod against Man City over the piece for example since coming to Leicester it's decent in terms of performances anyway.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't mean this in that I want it to happen obviously but I know someone who worked with him day in day out who said he was obsessed with managing Arsenal in particular at some point, not sure why.

I don't know why. I heard he has a place in London. Maybe he wants to walk to the Stadium for home matches. The Administration there is in shambles. 70/80 mil for Nicholas Pepe Comedy Gold. The American owner and his son are scumbags like the rest of our asset strippers across the pond. What a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Why would you pick out 4 games in which we were dreadful to judge him? What about all the other games? We finished top 5 last season and are 2 points off the top this season. Expectations have obviously gone up over the last few years but ffs give credit where credits due. 

Spot on. It's ridiculous, 

Just now, SO1 said:

I don't know why. I heard he has a place in London. Maybe he wants to walk to the Stadium for home matches. The Administration there is in shambles. 70/80 mil for Nicholas Pepe Comedy Gold. The American owner and his son are scumbags like the rest of our asset strippers across the pond. What a nightmare.

Yeah his main home is in London, I'm not sure that'll be the main reason though, like I said unsure of the motive just passing on what I heard. I always found it a bit weird as I always thought Chelsea was the one he'd really want, going full circle there type thing.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think he is showing promising signs this season in terms of adapting tbf. It's taken me by surprise in all honesty.

Villa agreed was poor but games against the Man City's and Liverpools of this world we'll get beat 9 times out of 10 that's just the way the food chain works. That aside, wins over Man City, Arsenal can't be ignored either. If yu look at Rodgers recod against Man City over the piece for example since coming to Leicester it's decent in terms of performances anyway.

My main worry was us suffering a major hangover from last season and us flirting with the relegation places for the majority of the season so you won't find any real complaints from me about how this season has gone so far. 

As I've said in another thread (can't remember which) you just have to accept Rodgers for what he is and take the rough with the smooth. We're either brilliant or bloody terrible, doesn't seem to be an inbetween 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How long would that need to be?

Key point.

I think, if he can keep this squad together and find another Vardy, he will achieve some silverware in the next few years (I am giving him until 22/ 23 in my assessment).  He will have learnt a lot through experience as will our young team which will be at its peak in this timescale.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

My main worry was us suffering a major hangover from last season and us flirting with the relegation places for the majority of the season so you won't find any real complaints from me about how this season has gone so far. 

As I've said in another thread (can't remember which) you just have to accept Rodgers for what he is and take the rough with the smooth. We're either brilliant or bloody terrible, doesn't seem to be an inbetween 

Yeah very well put mate, just got to take a step back like you allude to and appreciate the progress that's being made on the whole, you'll always get peaks and troughs within that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah his main home is in London, I'm not sure that'll be the main reason though, like I said unsure of the motive just passing on what I heard. I always found it a bit weird as I always thought Chelsea was the one he'd really want, going full circle there type thing.

That's the thing about top level management. The higher you climb the less patience there is to build especially with owners like Abramovich. Be interested to know if Rodgers has any kind of realationship.

Edited by SO1