Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Brendan - trophy winner or not?

Brendan - trophy winner or not?   

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win a trophy with Brendan?

Just want to know if anyone thinks we’ll win a trophy with Brendan in charge. This is not a criticism of him. I just want to see what people think. 
My opinion is that we won’t. Hope I’m wrong. How we messed up last season especially in the league cup doesn’t give me hope. I see the same happening this season. Just see us in the Europa league getting someone like braga in the knockout stage and losing over 2 legs. 

I think the easiest trophy for us to win, will be the Europa League. 

In theory, we shouldn’t need to beat a Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc 

Tottenham, Arsenal and AC Milan are the only teams who are better odds than Leicester to win it. 

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You horsed Braga 4-0 a matter of weeks ago lol

It was “we” after horsed Braga as well you big turncoat - one pasting off Liverpool and you’ve put pay to that now lol 

Do I think we will? No. Could we? Yes, quite easily. He’s a decent manager who clearly lives and breaths football and we’re a very good side when we’re all fit. We’d need the stars to align I reckon though - the league cup last year was a golden opportunity and I still can’t bring myself to talk about it. The whole lot should have been locked up for crimes against humanity not beating that Villa side over two legs. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Manini said:

It was “we” after horsed Braga as well you big turncoat - one pasting off Liverpool and you’ve put pay to that now lol 

Do I think we will? No. Could we? Yes, quite easily. He’s a decent manager who clearly lives and breaths football and we’re a very good side when we’re all fit. We’d need the stars to align I reckon though - the league cup last year was a golden opportunity and I still can’t bring myself to talk about it. The whole lot should have been locked up for crimes against humanity not beating that Villa side over two legs. 

lol

See my next post, which was posted before I saw this!

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The real positive mood on the forum lately is inspiring. Sometimes I'd think w're in the mire of a relegaton battle if I didn't know better.

I’m just being realistic. I think we’re doing great atm. Just like we were last season before xmas then we went to pot. Tactically Brendan gets a lot right but also a lot wrong. When we’re good we look brilliant when we’re bad we look dreadful. 

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I’m just being realistic. I think we’re doing great atm. Just like we were last season before xmas then we went to pot. Tactically Brendan gets a lot right but also a lot wrong. When we’re good we look brilliant when we’re bad we look dreadful. 

Dreadful? Really? Can't remember us getting any real sore ones over the last couple of years, Liverpool last season aside and even then they can do that to most sides in Europe if they are in the mood.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

It's unlikely.

The trophies are won by the same group of teams every year usually. 

It doesn't mean he can't be hugely successful here but most clubs don't win trophies.

This is spot on unfortunately. With the squad we have , we should be finishing in the top 4 and/or winning a trophy 20/21-21/22 seasons imo.

If he doesn’t then he hasn’t been a success for me.
Decent manager but to me he isn’t anything more than decent if he fails to get above a decent 8 game winning run and crawling over the line to a 5th place finish. With the recruitment we’ve made and the awful squads at Arsenal/Man Utd, the transition at Man City and the injury list at Liverpool we should be right in the top 4 race come the last few games with the squad we have. We should also be pushing the semis in the Europa.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Dreadful? Really? Can't remember us getting any real sore ones over the last couple of years, Liverpool last season aside and even then they can do that to most sides in Europe if they are in the mood.

Bournemouth away. Cruising at half time and then decides to take off nacho. West Ham at home this season. Spurs away last season. 3 that spring to mind.  

Bournemouth away. Cruising at half time and then decides to take off nacho. West Ham at home this season. Spurs away last season. 3 that spring to mind.  

That's not gettng doings or being utterly dreadful. Name me another side in the league bar Liverpool who don't have matches like that through the course of a season? In fact Liverpool in isolation have turned in a performance this season miles more "dreadful" than we have.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's not gettng doings or being utterly dreadful. Name me another side in the league bar Liverpool who don't have matches like that through the course of a season? In fact Liverpool in isolation have turned in a performance this season miles more "dreadful" than we have.

Ok fair enough I’m probably being extreme saying we were dreadful but it’s the collapse we seem to have when we shouldn’t. I just see Rodgers as the nearly man when it comes to winning a trophy. 

Never fails. Every time I see a thread like this I know its going to be another passive aggressive swipe at Rodgers. So predictable.

Think it would be great if someone could just make a thread "Rodgers Sucks". Why not get it right out in the open and stop beating around the bush. Know it would save me some time and other posters mental health by saving them the anguish of having to hide their true feelings. Never a good idea.

Ok fair enough I’m probably being extreme saying we were dreadful but it’s the collapse we seem to have when we shouldn’t. I just see Rodgers as the nearly man when it comes to winning a trophy. 

That's the exact point I'm makng, it is extreme as is the dalziel and pasce style inquest after every defeat lately! Things are going well on the whole at the moment so there is something in trying to savour it just a little! After all, it's football and things will take a bit of a nose dive at some point.

• Like 1