Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Brendan - trophy winner or not?

Brendan - trophy winner or not?   

227 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win a trophy with Brendan?

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

If he gets this team playing how we know and love and bring in in a quality player or two in January I’m sure it won’t be long before Brendan Delivers a trophy or 2 for the Leicester !

How many more quality players does he really need? If all fit, he's got plenty to make a real fist of it if you discount the available talent of Man City and Liverpool. It's not always who you've got, it's how you deploy them.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. ..I  think the stats masks just how poor we were in both legs.

We went on to put 4 past them the next time we played them having put 4 past them prior to the first leg.

We need to stop kidding ourselves, we were embarrassing over two legs. 

So what...:dunno:...shit happens!!!

Pre-season, we always see a thread about expectations for the year ahead.  it always makes me smile when I read posts saying things like "I'd take 6th plus the FA Cup"  which I read surprisingly regularly.  In other words 'I'd accept a league position I could never have dreamed of ten years ago just as long as you throw in a sweetener, you know, that thing that we've never won in 136 attempts.  That would do I suppose'.

We have arguably our best squad of all time, however, we are still Leicester City, we don't tend to win trophies and there are better squads out there competing for those same two cups.  I would love to win the FA Cup, I'd probably swap a kidney for it, but it's a long shot and we would need a favourable draw and above all, luck.  Silverware is not something we can expect or something we can use as a benchmark for success.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

How many more quality players does he really need? If all fit, he's got plenty to make a real fist of it if you discount the available talent of Man City and Liverpool. It's not always who you've got, it's how you deploy them.

We definitely need a decent quality striker to back up Vardy I know he’s Leicester’s Peter Pan but he won’t keep going on for for as many years as we’d love him too, plus the fact Nacho has had some great displays scored some great goals but he’s so inconsistent we need a striker like Vardy really such a pity we overlooked and missed out on Ollie Watkins that lads going to be quality. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We definitely need a decent quality striker to back up Vardy I know he’s Leicester’s Peter Pan but he won’t keep going on for for as many years as we’d love him too, plus the fact Nacho has had some great displays scored some great goals but he’s so inconsistent we need a striker like Vardy really such a pity we overlooked and missed out on Ollie Watkins that lads going to be quality. 

Yes, I think that would be my priority too and also agreed re Watkins but, it was unlikely he'd come to sit on the bench. However, my point is, that barring injury and when all fit, we have ample ammunition to do battle with the majority of our competitors if deployed properly. There's always an element of luck involved however. 

I honestly think it’s very hard to win a trophy if you approach the big games the way Brendan does. I think too much luck has to go your way for it to work.  Eventually, as with Liverpool it would end with a comprehensive defeat. 

I would like for us to try and stick to our usual game plan in big games. I think constantly changing to this game plan puts the mentality in the players that we are not as good as the other sides. 

I know most won’t agree as it has delivered big wins at arsenal and man city but play those games 10 times and how many do you really win? 

We are a good possession side and I’d like us to be a bit more fearless in these games. Liverpool showed last night what can happen if you actually get at them. 

One of my biggest worries is that we do so well in the Europa league group but get to the group stage and switch to a defensive, low possession counter attacking style. Because over 2 legs that’s not going to get you very far , unless you can defend like a simeone team. 

• Like 2

On 25/11/2020 at 09:47, murphy said:

Pre-season, we always see a thread about expectations for the year ahead.  it always makes me smile when I read posts saying things like "I'd take 6th plus the FA Cup"  which I read surprisingly regularly.  In other words 'I'd accept a league position I could never have dreamed of ten years ago just as long as you throw in a sweetener, you know, that thing that we've never won in 136 attempts.  That would do I suppose'.

We have arguably our best squad of all time, however, we are still Leicester City, we don't tend to win trophies and there are better squads out there competing for those same two cups.  I would love to win the FA Cup, I'd probably swap a kidney for it, but it's a long shot and we would need a favourable draw and above all, luck.  Silverware is not something we can expect or something we can use as a benchmark for success.

It depends how far you want to go back most would struggle to get in the 60s side which  would have done the double but for injuries and apart from the league winners  I think it was in 1926 we lost the title on goaldifference. Taking into account  numerous sides could win the league bad pitches no subs  and   perhaps like Liverpool winning the league using 15 players I  think even the Bloomfield side was stronger   than thisone