Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League giants in bitter row with Sky, BT and Amazon over Christmas TV fixtures

55 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

May be Jurgen thinks the whole World is on German Standard Time?   One of the EPL's largest catchment areas outside of the UK South East Asia (although I believe China have bailed out so the 'legal' paying audience figures must be down considerably).

So Countries in that region are currently GMT plus 7 hours.  So it is hardly surprising dear Kloppy that the Asian TV Companies pay lots of money to have games played at midday in the UK to suit their time zones.  If the Big 6 want a larger slice of the TV pie, then they must do what the International TV stations want.  It is not rocket science is it?

They've already negotiated a bigger slice of the overseas TV revenue

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

May be Jurgen thinks the whole World is on German Standard Time?   One of the EPL's largest catchment areas outside of the UK South East Asia (although I believe China have bailed out so the 'legal' paying audience figures must be down considerably).

So Countries in that region are currently GMT plus 7 hours.  So it is hardly surprising dear Kloppy that the Asian TV Companies pay lots of money to have games played at midday in the UK to suit their time zones.  If the Big 6 want a larger slice of the TV pie, then they must do what the International TV stations want.  It is not rocket science is it?

Well actually it is..!!!  Its Rockets that Take the satellites into space..innit..:bounce:

We're usually the ones shafted over the Christmas/ New Year schedule (twice in 45 hours last year wasn't it? An early kick off at Middlesbrough a similar gap a few years before?) so maybe others will face it now.

Don't complain about the money they get from the Champions League which takes out opportunities to play league games in midweek, though.

7 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

3 games in 7 days over the festive period. Isn't that what happens every year? 

In the good old days, they used to play 3 times on the same day.

Early morning kickoff, followed by a quick lunch of jellied eels, then an early afternoon match, followed by a quick pie and mash, and finally an evening match.

Then it was off up town clubbing for 3 hours, and you had change left from a 10 bob note.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're usually the ones shafted over the Christmas/ New Year schedule (twice in 45 hours last year wasn't it? An early kick off at Middlesbrough a similar gap a few years before?) so maybe others will face it now.

Don't complain about the money they get from the Champions League which takes out opportunities to play league games in midweek, though.

Nah we'll still be fvcked over in some way lol 

20 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Work the other 2 you lazy duck 

Worst week I ever had was being paid to help a friend of my Dad's move out when I was younger - I worked out I did 76 hours that week!  (£200 was still quite a lot of money, then though, considering I was about to start at Rawlins!)

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If the big clubs are so worried about the player's welfare, the Premier League should write regulations about how many minutes a player can play in a week, and make a minimum about of turnaround for players between games. Literally force them to use their squads.

Can you imagine the number of faux injuries and miraculous recoveries?? lol

I do like the idea though

Edited by Dahnsouff

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah we'll still be fvcked over in some way lol 

Probably. I think it was three years in a row we had the shortest time in terms of rest between matches in the Christmas to New Year week.

The fact is, nothing will change until the clubs want it. But that involves a reduction in something- either TV revenue or matchday revenue from fewer games in the league and Europe. They don't want that so they play as much as possible. 

Klopp can complain all he wants to Sky and BT- it's not their issue. Nobody told them to keep their money when they kept offering more and the result was more live games at different times. The Premier League started with two live matches a weekend (Sunday and Monday). Then they realised they could get more if Saturday lunctime, evening, early Sunday had live matches and it has escalated. Then the growth of European matches from knockout to groups.

Take the financial hit, reduce matches and have more time- it's their call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the good old days, they used to play 3 times on the same day.

Early morning kickoff, followed by a quick lunch of jellied eels, then an early afternoon match, followed by a quick pie and mash, and finally an evening match.

Then it was off up town clubbing for 3 hours, and you had change left from a 10 bob note.

LUXURY!

How much are clubs willing to give up to play less. Total clap trap , players often play a lot less mins than used to so where’s the issue. Liverpool paid millions for e@ch squad player so f in use em !