Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League giants in bitter row with Sky, BT and Amazon over Christmas TV fixtures

37 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just about to post something similar

Anyone remember when we played  (I think) Burnley away then at home on consecutive days back in the 60s?

Heavy pitches, heavier balls, travelling by road as opposed to flying to take into consideration as well, and the advances since with sports science/ fitness levels etc.

Can remember us playing West Ham over 2 consecutive days think we lost about 5-1 in the first game then beat them about 4-0 the following day.

Big clubs didn't get what they want with project big picture now the managers of said clubs moan about anything and everything at every given opportunity. 

Just **** off out the league already like you want too and let the rest of us enjoy our game again

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Remember the good old days when over Xmas / Easter clubs usually played on consecutive days nobody moaned then

They probably did to be fair. They'd hark back to the good old days when there were two games a day, crowds of 127,950 to watch Burnley v Stoke, and star centre forward would walk t'game after overnight shift down pit. And the formation was 2-3-5. With apologies to Monty Python.

• Haha 2

If Klopp etc don't like it they should go and manage in some farmers league with a winter break! The Christmas schedule has always been crazy and is part of what makes English football the best in the world. It provides a level of adversity and challenge you won't find else where. Winning/competing in the premier league (or EFL) shouldn't be easy but a challenge!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Simple answer is to block players from international duty.

And how do you think a player and their agent would respond to that? - particularly being called up for the first time and earning their first cap. 

Since the start of the season we have practically paid 3/4 days per week aside from the first few weeks. Then low and behold we have an international break with injures with players being coached out of position for 3 games or benched. Maybe we should act like chilwell, it's almost like he has a bonus from Chelsea not to focus on England. Then there are another period of UL 3/4 day playing forward before xmas. The naysayers that argue that there isn't another international break until march are ridiculous because we then have to cope with the FA cup and league cups!!!

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Anyone else getting a bit sick of hearing certain managers bitch and moan constantly? Rotate your ****ing squad Klopp rather than moaning about injuries.

Take Trent AA for example, before he got injured. He played 691 mins out of a possible 692 in the Prem & 262 mins out of a possible 270 in Europe with Neco Williams available throughout? So who is at fault for Trent’s injury? Klopp’s the one who ran him into the ****ing ground not the broadcasters.

The constant whining is starting to wear very thin. These clubs have the absolute pinnacle of recovery methods and facilities available to them. Certain managers just need to adapt to Brendan’s approach and understand it’s a squad game more than ever this season. 

Annoying isn’t it. 

He’s basically dictating that they get the best kick off times to suit his team. Moaned about playing Weds then 1230 Sat, so gets to play Sunday 715 after the international break. 

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I used to really like, Klopp I admired his passion, his style of play and his achievements. 

But my word what an entitled, moany, slobbering **** he's turned out to be.

We play lots of football at Christmas. We have 3 subs. This is the way it is, this is the way it's always been and this is the way it was when you took the job in 2016. Same goes for Pep too. 

I’m friends with quite a few Liverpool fans and even they have said he’s turning in to a bit of an embarrassment with all the moaning he’s doing about this. Speaks volumes. Bloke’s a ****. 

Can see both sides of coin, especially this season given the late start and cramped schedule. 

However, its TV money and its what helps the big clubs get the players they want and the stature they're at. Take that away and then what? 

Everyone is in the same boat. If I remember correctly, last season or season before a couple of the 'giants' (are they not going with big six any more lol ) got more rest than other clubs around the festive period. 

As far as I can remember in the past decade, all teams play on Boxing Day, some teams then play 28th and 29th and then again on 31st Dec/1st Jan/2nd Jan. 

This year appears to be no different. Even if you take in to account the TV schedule, there's room to work with.

I believe this is adding to their argument to allow 5 subs to increase rotation (I still think this favours the bigger clubs with bigger talent pools to call upon). 

I think they just need to reign the moaning in a bit. It gets tiresome. I'm not usually a fan of the 'they get paid x amount to play' when it comes to players but in this respect, it's not as if anything has changed and there's an extra game chucked in between Xmas and New Year games. Same as every year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I saw the headline and remembered what Klopp said after Sunday's game... 

If somebody tells me again about contracts I go really nuts, because the contracts are made not for a Covid season,” he said. “We all have to adapt.”

I do want to see him go ballistic but I think he has a point about adapting to the current covid climate. Having said that, adapting works both ways. If they want the TV money they can't decide which days they get picked for as well over any other side in the league. Doesn't work like that! There has to be some compromise. You can't have Liverpool or other 'giants' always dictating when they get to play otherwise it just constantly favours them. 

I remember him taking this week as an example in Sunday's rant. This week he doesn't even go abroad. It's a home game vs Atalanta so it's not as if they've lost any time on any day having to travel abroad... 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I saw the headline and remembered what Klopp said after Sunday's game... 

If somebody tells me again about contracts I go really nuts, because the contracts are made not for a Covid season,” he said. “We all have to adapt.”

I do want to see him go ballistic but I think he has a point about adapting to the current covid climate. Having said that, adapting works both ways. If they want the TV money they can't decide which days they get picked for as well over any other side in the league. Doesn't work like that! There has to be some compromise. You can't have Liverpool or other 'giants' always dictating when they get to play otherwise it just constantly favours them. 

I remember him taking this week as an example in Sunday's rant. This week he doesn't even go abroad. It's a home game vs Atalanta so it's not as if they've lost any time on any day having to travel abroad... 

I feel like the TV companies have given a lot though to be fair (yes they're greedy bastards but they've certainly been less greedy lol)

I'd love to see what he'd say if Shreeves turned around and said 'Where would you be this season from a squad point of view if you hadn't been given the money to sign Thiago, Tsimikas and Jota?'

Because the TV companies could have easily turned round last season and asked for their money back!

I just wish that Klopp & all the other foreign managers would go back & work in their home countries. They will get a week off at Christmas then if that's what they want.

They make me sick with all their moaning. Back in the good old days we used to play 3 games in 4 days at Easter, now we only play on the Saturday. I get sick of listening that the players are tired, it's pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

And how do you think a player and their agent would respond to that? - particularly being called up for the first time and earning their first cap. 

I'm not sure but they can hardly refuse to play can they. The clubs should have the power, not the players.

May be Jurgen thinks the whole World is on German Standard Time?   One of the EPL's largest catchment areas outside of the UK South East Asia (although I believe China have bailed out so the 'legal' paying audience figures must be down considerably).

So Countries in that region are currently GMT plus 7 hours.  So it is hardly surprising dear Kloppy that the Asian TV Companies pay lots of money to have games played at midday in the UK to suit their time zones.  If the Big 6 want a larger slice of the TV pie, then they must do what the International TV stations want.  It is not rocket science is it?