Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kamal Sowah

5 hours ago, Bonanza said:

He's one of our best players, so I would hate to see him leave in January to be honest.

The big question is: What does Leicester want?

Do they believe Kamal can be a first team player for them in the future? In that case I would keep him in Leuven for at least another season. As a young player, Kamal needs to play football to develop his game. He knows our club, is loved by his teammates, the manager and the fans. Even after several bad performances this month our manager kept faith in Kamal and hasn't put him on the bench. He's almost guaranteed 90 minutes per game. At this stage in his career, Leuven is the best place for him (in my opinion).

If Leicester doesn't think he's good enough to become a first team player and want to get rid of him, than this is the time to do it. €2M is not enough in my opinion. I think he's worth at least €4M at this moment.

I think we would be more likely to let you keep him, if we don't think he's good enough. £2m is peanuts to our owners. 

And hopefully he is a real prospect, in which case, we'll take him back when we need him, but the fact that we are both owned by the same people makes me think he and you will both be looked after either way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf it depends on the visa issues and that, the club might want him to play English football next season so he could be loaned to an EFL club

I'm not sure, but I think he'll be eligible for a Belgian passport if he spends another season or two there. I guess we're aiming for that to happen before we might have him here.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure, but I think he'll be eligible for a Belgian passport if he spends another season or two there. I guess we're aiming for that to happen before we might have him here.

Don't think that makes any difference now. The criteria is, the quality of the league they play in how regularly they play, how many international games they play etc. Holding a European passport means nowt now we aren't in the EU anymore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't think that makes any difference now. The criteria is, the quality of the league they play in how regularly they play, how many international games they play etc. Holding a European passport means nowt now we aren't in the EU anymore.

This basically. 

Pulling in non British, unproven talent is going to be more difficult for a while. 

This makes good British players, worth that bit more again. 

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  believe  it has now become easier for non-European players to be brought into the league!!!

It most certainly has, South American players are now much more attainable as the Brazilian, Argentinian and Colombian leagues are all weighted quite favourably.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  believe  it has now become easier for non-European players to be brought into the league!!!

Yeah, leagues and competitions fall into a ranking system. The Copa Libertadores has the same ranking as the Champions League, etc., and the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues rank highly I think, so expect more South Americans in the longer term.

• Like 1